It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

He Has the Whole World In His Hand

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: EdgeofParadise

If such a person as Jesus existed then I've always thought his message was simple and there is no need for all the rest of that baggage in the New Testament.
Most of that in my opinion is the invention of Paul who's 'epiphany' was nothing more than the realisation that he could add in various elements (of the supernatural kind) from various other religions, like the cult off Mithras for example. He then promoted the cult he was tasked to persecute. Bit of a genius really.
What a pathetic waste of a life you people lead (not just you, most of the other denominations too) constantly analysing, debating, arguing over nonsense trivia. It really is quite sad.
When I look around me and see all those Churches and Mosques etc. I do wonder if there could ever be enough psychologists and psychiatrists to go round.
Having said all that, I am no died in the wool atheist. I just see all that as unnecessary baggage and a complete waste of people's time and energy.
It really is a grim affair when one looks around the world and sees religion everywhere. God help us!

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: midicon

I can understand how you feel. There is a reason there are so many sects and divisions in religion and Christendom, and simply put, it is because Satan, the god of this world infiltrated the Christian congregation. Jesus made an illustration as to what was to happen when he spoke of an enemy that planted weeds in the field while the master was away.

But in order to know the truth from conterfeit is not THAT difficult. The Secret Service, for example was created to investiagte money forgery. How do you think they can discern real currency from fake? Do they need to study all sorts of fake curruncies to be sure what is genuine? Or do they need to study the genuine artifact and then make the comparison?

Really you need to study the genuine article, and then you can discern truth from falsehood. All one needs to do is study God's word and see what it really teaches and compares its teachings with those who claim to follow it.

The Bible teaches that the soul dies:

(Ezekiel 18:4) Look! All the souls—to me they belong. As the soul of the father so also the soul of the son—to me they belong. The soul who sins is the one who will die.

The Bible teaches that true Christians are "no part of the world' including its political system of things:

(John 15:19) . . .Now because you are no part of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, for this reason the world hates you.

The Bible teaches that God's name is Jehovah:

(Psalm 83:18) May people know that you, whose name is Jehovah, You alone are the Most High over all the earth.

The Bible teaches the true Christian not to get involved in warfare:

(Matthew 26:52) . . .Jesus said to him: “Return your sword to its place, for all those who take up the sword will perish by the sword.

The Bible teaches that a true Christian will be preaching and teaching the good news of God's kingdom in all the earth:

(Matthew 28:19, 20) Go, therefore, and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded you. And look! I am with you all the days until the conclusion of the system of things.”

Ask yourself, what Churches teach the soul is immortal? All of them have to be false. (All of them do).

Ask yourself, which Churches get involved with politics and take sides in war? The answer is the majority of them do.

Ask yourself, which Churches are preaching the good news of the kingdom and Jehovah's most holy name in all the world?

Jesus also said this:

(John 13:35) By this all will know that you are my disciples—if you have love among yourselves.”

Ask yourself, who is united earth-wide in union and love among each other by the same pure teaching of truth found in the Bible?

It is not that hard to figure it out. The Bible almost basically blairs it out to you. It even says:

(Malachi 3:17, 18) . . .“And they will be mine,” says Jehovah of armies, “in the day when I produce a special property. I will show them compassion, just as a man shows compassion to his son who serves him. 18 And you will again see the distinction between a righteous person and a wicked person, between one serving God and one not serving him.”

posted on Oct, 29 2019 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: EdgeofParadise

It would be nice if you would just drop that bible in a bin somewhere. God isn't in there, hey neither is Jesus!

If there is a God then he is by your side, and if you are lucky he might hold your hand now and then.

You don't need Ezekiel, you don't need Mathew you just need to find God and chill.

new topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join