It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Q3 GDP Growth Disappoints, Slides To New Record Low

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 02:20 AM
link   
China has been having problem with food production due to weather and something like 300 millions pigs slaughtered due to the swine flu. Then you add the sanctions the USA has placed on Chine and "walla" third quarter GDP is the lowest growth rate since records have been kept..

The Chinese goalseek-o-tron appears out-of-order tonight, when moments ago Beijing reported that China's Q3 GDP rose just 6.0% YoY, below the 6.1% consensus had expected - and the lowest since 'modern' records began 27 years ago in 1992, dipping below even the financial crisis low of 6.4%.

Some have a hard time even believing these reported numbers as China is not exactly trustworthy when reporting what is actually going on in their country..

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 02:53 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Some have a hard time even believing these reported numbers as China is not exactly trustworthy when reporting what is actually going on in their country..

That would be a true statement for every country on this planet!

Almost the entirety of Europe lies about crime by 'persons of Middle East extraction.'

Every Government in the world lies to their own people and as an extension, to the rest of the world.

I really can't see a 0.1% variance from expectations anything to get excited about.

The eternal strive for 'Growth' is also questionable. Whatever happened to 'Our chart is lovely and level, everybody is happy.'

P

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Auto sales have hit their lowest point since the 90,s. And apparently Chinese consumers are scaling back purchases on everything from smartphones to furniture, as income growth slows.

China needs to make a deal and fast since 60 percent of their gdp depends on consumer spending.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Have you got a link please?

Thank you

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Have you got a link please?

Thank you

Rainbows
Jane

The ATS sight is very glitch prone these last few hours as I tried to add a link sooner.. I have been trying to get back into this thread "like forever" ! So here it is... Sorry

www.zerohedge.com...

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Thank you very much, appreciated.
Looks like mobile internet glitches are spreading perhaps...

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Not sure why they would report such negative results. I would imagine they would report better than they were results.

ATS'ers told me China won and Trump lost and China was just fine. This is what I was expecting though. The US felt it, and it hurt, and China felt it more, and it hurt more. This might be why China was eager to make a deal recently.
edit on 18-10-2019 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
Not sure why they would report such negative results.

Probably because they are worse than what's being reported. The Chinese are notorious book-cookers.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

let's hope so.. praying for my SPY puts

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 07:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Not sure why they would report such negative results.

Probably because they are worse than what's being reported. The Chinese are notorious book-cookers.

That's what I mean. They would make them seem better than they are .. so if anything they are even worse than reported, which is already really bad.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 07:49 AM
link   

That's what I mean. They would make them seem better than they are ..

They most likely are making them better than they are which is what they always do.

I recently changed jobs, I went from working for the largest manufacturer in our industry, which was based out of Hong Kong and did production in mainland China to a US-based company in the same industry but different go to market. One of the reasons I left was the profitability of the company has been decreasing due to how we conducted business. The US division bought the material from the manufacturing division but that division was having a hard time the past few years competing with companies that had outsourced from China to other Asian countries like Vietnam, Thailand, Malaysia and India.

The margin pressure attributed to this outsourcing not only affected us but every other company in China as their consumer base and middle class grew, they want just as much cheap consumerist garbage as we do and there's five times as many of them which is pushing the manufacturing base out of the country to reduce costs.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 07:53 AM
link   

I love the hilarity of the Chinese markets tanking for the same reason ours are caused by the same levels of greed and corruption.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

That's what I mean. They would make them seem better than they are ..

They most likely are making them better than they are which is what they always do.

As much as it is hurting us now, our economy is strong enough to where I am happy to keep the pressure on China and suffer a little today so the future for my kids is better.

China is the greatest threat to our future.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

let's hope so.. praying for my SPY puts

SPY buying me dinner tonight woop woop

top topics

join