It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is why I voted for Trump...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: queenofswords

a reply to: queenofswords

You're asking for suits against the Federal Government for civil rights violations thereby.

What possible value can that have for the nation as a whole?

WTH are you talking about?

Calling someone out for deception as Trump did regarding ABC and the fake "Syrian" explosions is not a civil rights violation. You don't make sense sometimes.

Fair enough. Allow me to clarify.

Freedom of the Press is a civil right guaranteed in Amendment I. President Trump is the head of the Executive Branch of the Federal Government. IF he chooses to answer questions from a member of the Press, and verbally assaults them in his response, there is a case to be made for a violation of Civil Rights.

Why should Mr. Trump do that? For mere satisfaction?

I'm going to my boss's office right now and cuss him out lower than a dog. By your definition, he HAS to listen to me. If anyone shows up to manhandle me while carrying me out the door of this office building, they are violating my civil rights.

Got it. I'll let you know how that works out for me.

Are you a member of the Press? Is your boss an official of city, county, State or Federal government?

If so, your example fits with mine very remotely. If not, it's just absurd.
edit on 17-10-2019 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
a reply to: watchitburn

They were arrested for breaking the law. When you are under arrest your kids don't go with you.

Seeking asylum is not against the law.

You're still pedaling the separated families BS.

Peddling BS? Mirror, mirror.

Yeah, and sneaking in someone's backyard so you can swim in their pool isn't a crime either. Sure....

What IS legal is walking to the front and knock so you can ask the resident household dad or mom if you can swim in their pool.

HUGE difference. One is illegal and the other is seeking permission. You don't just hop a fence and scream "Asylum" to gain entry.

Is this how you guys really? Seriously think?

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Wait, so reporter can have rights, but POTUS does not?

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

Yes. They intentionally used that pic. Absolutely. Think about it. And, the reporter that confronted the president didn't even try to deny it, much less defend it.

edit on 17-10-2019 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-10-2019 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

I would guess it was an example of a mini "black swan event."

That is, unless someone did it to intentionally embarrass ABC (conspiracies people!)

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: KnoxMSP

POTUS does have rights, but he also represents the Federal government, which is Constitutionally restricted from inhibiting Freedom of the Press.

Particularly standing behind the Great Seal ...

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 04:37 PM
link   

POTUS does have rights, but he also represents the Federal government, which is Constitutionally restricted from inhibiting Freedom of the Press.

I didn't see any inhibiting...

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Scepticaldem

The press have become completely unbelievable and that is just sad.

More proof of the fake news. This time NBC.

edit on 17-10-2019 by LookingAtMars because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 04:39 PM
link   

You're asking for suits against the Federal Government for civil rights violations thereby.

Calling someone out for deception as Trump did regarding ABC and the fake "Syrian" explosions is not a civil rights violation. You don't make sense sometimes.

Freedom of the Press is a civil right guaranteed in Amendment I. President Trump is the head of the Executive Branch of the Federal Government. IF he chooses to answer questions from a member of the Press, and verbally assaults them in his response, there is a case to be made for a violation of Civil Rights.

I'm going to my boss's office right now and cuss him out lower than a dog. By your definition, he HAS to listen to me. If anyone shows up to manhandle me while carrying me out the door of this office building, they are violating my civil rights.

Are you a member of the Press? Is your boss an official of city, county, State or Federal government?

If so, your example fits with mine. If not, it's absurd.

It's a position of authority OVER YOU

Dude... He's the boss of the fricken United States. He's the boss's boss's boss. He's the boss of that house. Trump isn't doing anything anyone else couldn't do. If you start asking me BS questions... like the one you just asked, I cut you off and tell you how stupid you are... Can you sue me for it? No... It's that simple. You can't just make up BS laws that don't exist. Civil right my arse. That there was nothing to do with it. What that was, was simply disrespecting the president of the United Fricken States because someone's a pansy and wants to look badass in front of millions of people just so he can say that he 'let the president have it'.

That was lame on the reporters part. Self entitled little snowflakes.
edit on 17-10-2019 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 04:39 PM
link   

I didn't see any inhibiting...

I was referring to a comment made by another poster hoping that Mr. Trump would "go after" the Press more directly, emphatically, energetically, etc. Such activity is, in my opinion anyway, unbecoming a President of the United States, and could, depending on a LOT of independent factors, be nothing at all or it could be a landmark Civil Rights case.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 04:40 PM
link   
The other thing I like is that he also went at Lindsey Graham. He clearly doesn't care about the do nothing establishment Republicans either.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
Watch him just curb stomp this ABC reporter...

Love how he just straight up states his position on Syria / Turkey. No double speak...

ABC had already apologised about that.

As for the conversation, both Trump and the reporter could just be talking hearsay...what we do know though is that Trump is a pathological liar most of the time.
Erdogan and Trump discussed military action last December, so I'll do a bit of hearsay, and make the point that the Kurds were to be ousted after that bit of conversation....and I dare say that the media would have been doing their own research on that aspect already.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 04:42 PM
link   

If so, your example fits with mine. If not, it's absurd.

Dude... He's the boss of the fricken United States. He's the boss's boss's boss. He's the boss of that house. Trump isn't doing anything anyone else couldn't do. If you start asking me BS questions... like the one you just asked, I cut you off and tell you how stupid you are... Can you sue me for it? No... It's that simple. You can't just make up BS laws that don't exist. Civil right my arse. That there was nothing to do with it. What that was, was simply disrespecting the president of the United Fricken States because someone's a pansy and wants to look badass in front of millions of people just so he can say that he 'let the president have it'.

That was lame on the reporters part. Self entitled little snowflakes.

Dude, he's the boss of employees in the Executive Branch AND THAT'S ALL. He's not the "boss" of the Press or of any American citizen.

I understand that your opinion is that Trump is justified in just about anything he does, but that is not correct.

I'm not "making up BS laws that don't exist" bud. ANd I wasn't talking about what Mr. Trump said today to the guy from ABC, in fact, I'm on the record as appreciating that comment.

Another poster wants Trump to get even tougher with the Press, and down that road ARE civil rights violations despite what you or I might hold as opinions.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Then I do apologise. I misread. I also stated my disdain for any measures what-so-ever against the press. We don't need to be banning free speech no matter what's being reported. If that were the case, the Enquirer would have been sued years ago.

I also agree with your first post on the matter.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

No apologies necessary StallionDuck.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Wow, I am impressed with that.

I am so used to him going off like a drunk uncle that I didn't think he had it in him not to speak gibberish. If he can keep it up I will be an actual fan and not someone simply voting for him because the other side is even crazier.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

hahahahaha!!!!

Talk about punching them in the face with that.

For how much this guy is accused to lying, it seems that no lies are to be seen there.

And calling out ABC for that nonsense reporting....priceless.

Im going back to munching some popcorn.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

As I watch it a few times ... I'm having many thoughts.

Like, god help me, what if he was playing 4D chess.

I need to go lay down.

link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Stock up. I hear he's old school and prefers Kiwi.

link   
Trump is the funniest President we have ever had. People better enjoy him why he is here because we will never see anything like it again. That guy has more fun being President than anyone ever did. That's why he only sleeps 4 hours a day.

Presidencies after his will be boring.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join