It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Erdogan threw Trumps tough guy letter in the trash

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: underwerks

With the way the MSM operates, we don't really know anything do we 😁

That's why you lot dote over every word trump speaks or tweets, he does it at a reading level you can relate to and comprehend.
edit on 19-10-2019 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Ok, as a veteran, this cowardice by trump makes me sick to my stomach. He thinks we defeated isis lol... First, they still active, not defeated, but depleted.. second, the only reason they were mostly destroyed was our allies the kurds... they died in the thousands fighting isis for us.. isis destroyed because the kurds not only fought those battles but protected and hid our forward air controllers and observers that called in air strikes and artillery...

we were fighting an enemy that were using our own equipment that the iraqis left as they ran away...

For veterans and military this was a betrayal on a scale we will never recover from... no one will ever support us again... we depend on people like the kurds and to leave them to die is well, just cowardly, which is what trump is, a coward.

Lastly, the words used describing the so called cease fire were directly out of erdogon mouth... they labeled all kurds as ypg, or terrorist... the kurds who fought and died for us were not ypg... in essence erdogon was giving validation to his invasion of 2 countries and killing our allies and taking their land... you see, he is not our ally, has not been for a very long time.. he has aligned with russia and actually been actively helping iran subvert sanctions. When we asked him to help fight isis before he declined.... but after the pkk and others tried the coup he vowed to ethnically cleanse the whole area of kurds...

in truth, actual ypg is an offshoot of the pkk and fighters in n syria labeled ypg by turkey long ago.. when in truth, those fighters are kurds, assyrian, arab and others. It is all BS to validate turkey attempt to ethnic cleanse turkish border and area of kurds...

this veteran says trump is a coward... we don't leave allies behind to die, especially one's who fought and died for us by the thousands... fact is we would not even give them heavy weapons lol... what they had they captured, joke, but they still fought for us...

Hey Trump, if you want to bring some troops home and save some money, uh, how bout the thousands in germany who have been there since after ww2 at a yearly cost of billions to us... and leaving troops in the most actual strategic area in the world, the middle east lol... not only is it where two thirds the world oil comes from and is therefore very strategic it is also the area most effecting our closest and most dear ally, Israel... you don't think they are, well you know nothing about this country and our history... all our early presidents and founders got on their knee's and prayed to the Lord Jesus Christ, hmmm did not know that lol... today, many do not want us to support Israel, but this is something that will never change....

like mattis said, trump is a coward..

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: dlbott

Hey Trump, if you want to bring some troops home and save some money, uh, how bout the thousands in germany who have been there since after ww2 at a yearly cost of billions to us...

And they, the Germans, didn't help us at Normandy either!

posted on Oct, 20 2019 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Weird. He didn't frame it? LOL, it's sad this is what you've come to.

posted on Oct, 20 2019 @ 04:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

There are more in japan.

If you've ever played risk, this map will make our intentions painfully obvious. We are either containing russia/china or preparing to invade them. Being that these levels have been slowly declining over recent decades, my money is on containing. So can we bring the troops home? Well are china and russia sufficiently contained by our allies? Can we trust our alllies?

Side note: it also makes our middle east policy make much more sense. It's the last spot we need to completely wall off china/russia. Until we have that there is a route out where china/russia can grow their influence.
edit on 20-10-2019 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2019 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: RudeMarine

You missing the point of Trump has the button Erdogan has the button

Reading and context is everything

posted on Oct, 20 2019 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Trump was going to start WW3 in Korea !!Remember ? Who cares . Iran and Israel is the only world concern ! The war to end all wars will start by Iran using nukes on Israel . Turkey ? Who cares what they do ! Taffy sanctions ? Lol

posted on Oct, 20 2019 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Trump was going to start WW3 in Korea !!Remember ? Who cares . Iran and Israel is the only world concern ! The war to end all wars will start by Iran using nukes on Israel . Turkey ? Who cares what they do ! Taffy sanctions ? Lol

posted on Oct, 20 2019 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Typical. You support China and everything against your president. Fool. It is what I believe Lennin called useful idiots.

posted on Oct, 20 2019 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
Here we go again the moral high grounding intellectually superior left.

posted on Oct, 20 2019 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Just cause your a veteran does not make you strategically accurate. I say if we are going to fight a war fight to win and not be policemen. I have many veteran patients who disagree with you on the basis of rules of engagement. Obama tied the hands of our soldiers behind their backs. Many of their friends are in Leavenworth because of these rules. You hate Trump and just admit it don't hide behind weak justifications. Also I do not support the military industrial complex which depends on these endless police actions.

posted on Oct, 20 2019 @ 12:36 PM
link   
So... now there is a ceasefire agreement in place (tho, there is still some fighting going on, which happens after almost every ceasefire agreement).

I'd say Trump's letter got through to Erdogan.

I am LOVING how the left has flipped and become pro-war after almost 2 decades of being completely against it.

posted on Oct, 20 2019 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gojira54
So... now there is a ceasefire agreement in place (tho, there is still some fighting going on, which happens after almost every ceasefire agreement).

I'd say Trump's letter got through to Erdogan.

I am LOVING how the left has flipped and become pro-war after almost 2 decades of being completely against it.

Maintaining a presence does not make one pro war. It's just the opposite, when the US can act as a stabilizing influence stationing our troops somewhere promotes peace. Pulling them out creates war, some of those turn into wars we need to get involved in, and all of them result in a lot of needless death.

posted on Oct, 20 2019 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

And last time we closed bases in Germany, the German people flipped out on us.

www.reuters.com...

posted on Oct, 20 2019 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ansuzrune
Here we go again the moral high grounding intellectually superior left.

Is that the perspective from the morally defunct and persecuted right ?

posted on Oct, 20 2019 @ 04:38 PM
link   

I'll bet you worked in Supply, huh?

posted on Oct, 20 2019 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

I'll bet you worked in Supply, huh?

you are being nice, more likely S1 typist warrior

the kind that cannot run, or shoot but get ptomoted anyways.

posted on Oct, 20 2019 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: thedigirati

Kinda what I meant, like a clerk.

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 03:37 AM
link   
I’m not a Trump supporter, but I personally enjoyed this letter of his. It really does get right down to the point.

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Nice I know you are but what am I response. You on the left are like dealing with children. No critical thinking all emotion.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join