It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Erdogan threw Trumps tough guy letter in the trash

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: underwerks

your right. A Russian hooker was filmed peeing on him. 100% true. Right?

I don't think that's true at all. I don't think it's a pee tape, I think it's a "P" tape.

I think people got the meaning confused..

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 10:55 AM
link   
A small follow up concerning the letter.

Out of control once again, Turkish President RT Erdogan, who is reported by BBC correspondent John Sopel, launched a blatant attack on US President Donald Trump.

The occasion was the letter from the US president that sent the Turkish president (and that ended up in the garbage bin, as the Turks said).

Speaking to reporters, the Turkish president said:

"The letter the US president sent me was not the correct diplomatic language. It is impossible to forget this lack of respect for the Turkish Presidency. When the time comes, the necessary measures will be taken, "

Link

Peace

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Seed76

Did the Turkish leader just threaten Trump personally?

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

Someone about to get their head shaved.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

I don't know whats worse...Trumps ego or the sheer inhumanity of the people who oppose him in the US.

Sanctions are no joke, if Trump puts Iran level sanctions on Turkey, Erdogan is a goner, and good riddance since he is no better than Saddam was.

edit on 18-10-2019 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
a reply to: Seed76

Did the Turkish leader just threaten Trump personally?

I think so. I hope this doesn't spark a whole new conflict. Diplomacy is no joke. You have to be careful with how you talk to foreign adversaries.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Turkey using the opportunity to sneak their terroist assets back into Syria to help the scumbags in Idlib fight the Syrians.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I don't know whats worse...Trumps ego or the sheer inhumanity of the people who oppose him in the US.

I'm going to go with the ego of a dementia addled senior citizen with the ability to launch nuclear weapons..

If only you knew what dementia actually is.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Erdogan threw Trumps tough guy letter in the trash

The chruch of climatology must be peaved at the wasted tree life.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Fake news brah. Our great and very much so comical president has not the time for writing letters, cuz he is busy leading and #.

Thats what secretary's are for. He is a ways and a great many time more in the leadatory department, then the great decider was at deciding some years back.

But hey! If Turkey wants to go, well its almost turkey day here in the states. What are they trying to jump up on the list? Those jive turkeys, how dare they! Besides word in the grapevine is that Iran is next, and Turkey is still a bit ways down the on list.

But hey why not. Anything is possible if they ask for it hard enough. Not like it matter much either way now.

Dont be a jive turkey brah! Go smell some plants and you will feel a lot better and less trigatory.

Negations eh? Came to late for many a peoples.
I see no reason why people should not die, even hundreds of thousands, and all for egos sake. Not the first time or the first hundred thousand time to have happened.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

originally posted by: jhn7537

a reply to: jhn7537

You think I should find it funny that a Duly elected President has dealt with 3 years of BS from the left/media as they try to overthrow his presidency and undermine him constantly on the world stage...

When that person is as oblivious and comical as Donald Trump, yes. Why wouldn't you?

The only person undermining Donald Trump on the world stage is himself. No one makes him do the things he does but him..

aye aye aye... and let me guess, you believe the reporting/media is fair and balanced when it comes to Trump... right?

Not at all. The media is far too uncritical of him in my opinion.

Stoopid Twump shoulda lizzened to Underverkz master planz.

Stoopid Twump.

That's how you sound in your childish TDS posts.

Thank you.

Though that's a little more coherent than what I was going for.

I've yet to witness you demostrate that you have knowledge of a single subject and your posts are about as childlike as they come.
So I hope, at least, you see the irony in your rants about your President's mental capacity.

Thank you. Coming from your regular place of delusion, I can only take that as a compliment.

Take it however you want, fella.
It's just the truth. You demonstrate time and time again you are completely clueless and incredibly childish.

All it takes is a little prodding for you guys to out yourselves as the true snowflakes..

Nothing but feelz and identity politics...

How sweet, the troll reveals itself, that's rich 🤭

So you saw a BBC article stamped Orange Man Bad and, while salivating, decided to come running to ATS to post your pathetic thread to say, "haha turkey threw Trumps letter in the trash! Take that America!" How small you are, but what did we expect from our delusional and intrepid leftist, hmmm?

I've laughed so much at your expense, appreciate your satire threads, keep'em coming yo. 2020 is going to be EPIC 😌

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 11:46 PM
link   
This isn't from me but I thought it would be appropriate here and speaks to the situation:

From an American on the ground teaching English to the Kurds▪ Update on situation here! “Here is President Trump’s unbelievable and genius move in Syria! By pulling the troops out of Syria, Turkey invaded Syria and assaulted the Kurds, Russians sent an envoy to Damascus to make a deal between the Kurds and Syrian government to unite them against Turkey. Iran is not happy the Turks are in Syria and brought their troops to the border of Turkey, Germany hits Turkey with sanctions. Do you see what a chess player Trump is? As long as U.S was there, those forces were united against U.S. He is putting these former allies against each other and they neutralize each other and didn’t cost U.S. anything. Formerly Turkey, Iran, Russia and Syria were united against U.S. Europeans were not involved and were enjoying U.S. protecting their interest but now they are busy fighting for their interests. It’s good for Israel because Iran has to defend Syria against turkey instead of focusing on harming Israel, three enemies of Israel, Iran turkey and Syria are facing off against each other. This invasion is gonna cost Turkey a lot! So it brought unity between Syria and Kurds, and division between Russia, Turkey and Iran.This is just unbelievable what President Trump is doing! This guy is a genius.” Thank You President Trump!

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 12:24 AM
link   
a reply to: 11SK1180

Good. Then US can freely retaliate against "ISIS". Rinse and repeat.

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 12:31 AM
link   
GO News, a Hard Leftist/Iranian outlet, even acknowledges NATO/US accomplishments

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: silo13
If he'd of kept the letter I would have found that a little creepy.
I mean what did you want him to do with it - slide it under his pillow?

peace

The reason he threw it away was because it was written so poorly that he believed it was a prank.

If it was believed to have been real, he may or may not have read it, but it would have been archived either way.

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Operating off the premise Trump didn't green light the Turkish operation, what was the play here? Turkey has obviously decided to go rogue against NATO and regional interests. They've decided to pick up where they left off on their fight on he Kurds by what appears to be against most every interest in he area.

So lets say that Trumps letter was a poor diplomatic attempt, again, I ask what the right move was.... No chance, better wording, strong arming with the military?

I said I would wait until more information came out before jumping to conclusions on the move in northern Syria... And given this is from unnamed sources, I'm still going to remain skeptical.

But if this does turn out to be the case, I'm actually leaning towards a bit more pleased with the transpiring of events on this one.

It's about time the US stops being the end all be all in the region. If Turkey decides to go rogue, we shouldn't put all the weight on our shoulders. I don't think there will be any shortage on nations willing to step up to address Turkey given the circumstances. While I remain skeptical, I'm willing to have an open mind as this plays out.

Not betraying the Kurds in the first place. Once he did that the situation was out of his hands, and further US involvement only makes the situation worse. Trump is trying to undo his enormous screw up, that he undertook against all advice. But, it's too late for that.

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 12:33 PM
link   

You talking about Erdogan? Or did this escape your short attention span?

‘Deadly diplomatic challenge’: Turkey holding 50 US nuclear bombs ‘hostage’A deadly cache of weapons of mass destruction is essentially being “held hostage” by the Turkish President in a situation that “gets worse by the hour”.

www.news.com.au... c396e9

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Operating off the premise Trump didn't green light the Turkish operation, what was the play here? Turkey has obviously decided to go rogue against NATO and regional interests.

They have since 2003!! Many NATO war-game maps have been printed before large NATO exercises showing Turkey as an enemy because of their ISLAMIC Caliphate ambitions. Erdogan was calling for it as ISIS was, the Erdogan said the Arab world needs a new Caliphate as long as its an Ottoman one and led by him.

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

You talking about Erdogan? Or did this escape your short attention span?

‘Deadly diplomatic challenge’: Turkey holding 50 US nuclear bombs ‘hostage’A deadly cache of weapons of mass destruction is essentially being “held hostage” by the Turkish President in a situation that “gets worse by the hour”.

www.news.com.au... c396e9

I can see where he might have tried that to his Military's dismay, however they would quickly remind him that the US could incinerate most of Turkey in 15 minutes if he did not shut his mouth. All it would take is one Trident D from a sub offshore and 10 targets are now massive mushroom clouds. One on those 50 at the bunker at Incklirk AFB would make one hell of a mess.

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: RudeMarine

Operating off the premise Trump didn't green light the Turkish operation, what was the play here? Turkey has obviously decided to go rogue against NATO and regional interests.

They have since 2003!! Many NATO war-game maps have been printed before large NATO exercises showing Turkey as an enemy because of their ISLAMIC Caliphate ambitions. Erdogan was calling for it as ISIS was, the Erdogan said the Arab world needs a new Caliphate as long as its an Ottoman one and led by him.

Turkey uses their very strategic location in order to play NATO and Russia off of each other. By doing this, they can constantly negotiate better deals for themselves as both sides would like to court Turkey to them. The problem here is that Trumps "negotiation" in this situation basically delivered them to Russia. That will lead to them becoming an enemy.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join