It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Erdogan threw Trumps tough guy letter in the trash

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I'm just laughing at how idiotic what was written in that letter is. It's no wonder Erdogan threw it into the trash. People believe Donald Trump is some kind of strong man, when he's really just a bumbling idiot. This is what world leaders have to deal with when they communicate with our moron in chief.

I'm pretty sure every Thursday they all get on a conference call and laugh about the last dumbass thing he said to them.

All that matters is if Trump gets the point across he is trying to convey. That letter does that very effectively.

Why are you lefties so hung up on appearance - I mean I get that is why you loved obama, he was all appearance and no substance. It does not matter at all, all that matters is if they are effective doing their job.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Turkey cease fire agreement.....
Fox

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   

"That could be proof there was no Trumpian green light." That's the understatement of the century. I face palmed so hard yesterday when I read the letter from Donald Trump to Erdogan I may have given myself a slight concussion, so forgive me if I can't keep up with the excuses of why this is such an amazing thing.

President good brain really went all in this time.

How's that facepalm working out for you today?

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

I respect his office, because when he is gone i don't want it left in tatters.

And even more, i respect truth. And 99% of the horsecrap thrown at him is not truth. Which forces me into the unfavorable predicament of defending a moron against lies.

The worst you have said of him is that he's a moron. That is an opinion, which i mostly share. The difference is, i'd not see him debased for a quick political win, as i realize that it will debase the office that I hope to fill with someone worthy at some point int he future. I realize it may be a cold day in hell.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

I respect his office, because when he is gone i don't want it left in tatters.

And even more, i respect truth. And 99% of the horsecrap thrown at him is not truth. Which forces me into the unfavorable predicament of defending a moron against lies.

The worst you have said of him is that he's a moron. That is an opinion, which i mostly share. The difference is, i'd not see him debased for a quick political win, as i realize that it will debase the office that I hope to fill with someone worthy at some point int he future. I realize it may be a cold day in hell.

I don't blindly respect anything or anyone. Especially a government office. The office of the President means no more to me than the person sitting in it. I don't do blind loyalty to country or anything else. Respect has to be earned, and that goes double for government.

I disagree about 99% of the crap thrown at Trump being fake. He's an idiot, and as an idiot holding the highest office in the land is the rightful recipient. His own actions and words are the source of everything thrown against him.

I don't think it's possible the office of the President will ever be filled with someone worthy to lead our nation. It hasn't happened yet.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

"That could be proof there was no Trumpian green light." That's the understatement of the century. I face palmed so hard yesterday when I read the letter from Donald Trump to Erdogan I may have given myself a slight concussion, so forgive me if I can't keep up with the excuses of why this is such an amazing thing.

Pretty well. It was even easier to prod you guys into the responses I wanted than I originally thought.

There's seriously some deep seated anger inside of all of you right now. With the way Donald Trump is publicly falling apart, I can't really blame you.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
Fox

A White Buffalo was born today

😁 😁

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: butcherguy
Fox

A White Buffalo was born today

😁 😁

Interesting not sure what to make of it yet. Funny part is hes such an idiot at times but somehow it still works out for him. Seems to be Trumps policy throw everything into chaos then try to negotiate a deal. Hes done this over and over

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

You should probably pay attention to that whole "fake news" thing you guys like to say so much:

Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu said the reached agreement between the US and Turkey to suspend military operations in Syria is not a ceasefire.
" "This is not a ceasefire," Cavusoglu said during a televised news conference today."

“We will pause the operation for 120 hours in order for the terrorists to leave,” Cavusoglu said. "We will only stop the operation if our conditions are met.”

Link

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 01:38 PM
link   

a reply to: xuenchen

You should probably pay attention to that whole "fake news" thing you guys like to say so much:

Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu said the reached agreement between the US and Turkey to suspend military operations in Syria is not a ceasefire.
" "This is not a ceasefire," Cavusoglu said during a televised news conference today."

“We will pause the operation for 120 hours in order for the terrorists to leave,” Cavusoglu said. "We will only stop the operation if our conditions are met.”

Link

That would be a 120 hour ceasefire...how are you not seeing it?

Pause operations....so how do you pause operations without it being a ceasefire?

Wow at the spin!

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 01:39 PM
link   

It seems like you rather have war instead of peace.

Sad.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Pretty well. It was even easier to prod you guys into the responses I wanted than I originally thought.

There's seriously some deep seated anger inside of all of you right now. With the way Donald Trump is publicly falling apart, I can't really blame you.

Really? Your spin is hilarious. You face palmed at pulling out, now you backtrack on ceasefire?

You definitely belong in the "special" group.

So...what would you like to happen? Obama created this mess starting in 2011, sent troops in 2014...all for a war we didnt need to be involved in.

Trump pulled out a week ago, and now has a ceasefire.

You're not that smart are you? That or you don't actually care or follow these stories very closely.

At least be knowledgable and own your stupidity when it happens....it happens a LOT with you and I have yet to see you be humble.

Anywho...enjoy your ignorance!

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 01:55 PM
link   

your right. A Russian hooker was filmed peeing on him. 100% true. Right?

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 01:56 PM
link   

If they stop shooting i think by definition that is a cease fire. What i guess they meant was that its only temporary??

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 02:01 PM
link   

But NATO !! 😃

But NATO !! 😃

But NATO !! 😃

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 02:10 PM
link   

With the way the MSM operates, we don't really know anything do we 😁

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 11:27 PM
link   

edit on 17-10-2019 by FlyingFox because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

aye its called memory

like that time I touched the stove when i was a wee bairn

so my brain reminds me not to be stupid

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Jeez your laughing and I thought it was about saving lives... that's dark.

Why do you think trump should protect turkey from doing something stupid?

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 10:34 AM
link   
More updates:

Turkish president Recep Tayyip Erdogan has said that Donald Trump's recent letter to him broke with "diplomatic and political courtesy."

The letter "was not in line with diplomatic and political courtesy. We will not forget this lack of respect. This is not a priority for us. But when the time comes we would like it to be known that we will take the necessary steps."

The extraordinary missive warned the Turkish leader not to be a "fool" over Turkish plans to start a military campaign in northern Syria.

"Don't be a tough guy, don't be a fool!", the letter, leaked from the White House, said.

It emerged on Thursday that Mr Erdogan reacted angrily to the letter, throwing it in the bin and commencing the military offensive, which has left dozens of civilians dead and displaced hundreds of thousands.

L ink

Jesus what a diplomatic blunder.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join