It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Erdogan threw Trumps tough guy letter in the trash

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

I don't support Trump, and think he's a jackass. But he's a man. Its the office that i respect, and its the office the world needs to respect.

what you are trying to do here is make him a cult of personality, which is no better than what his supporters do.

He's a man. Holding elected office. He acts with the authority of the office he sits within. Do you really want that office devalued globally? Because that is what is happening here. Either by directly devaluing or by insinuating that the cult of personality is the office, which is a little more indirect. Same result, however.

Calling him a buffoon, that seems like a reasonable thing to say about any president. But insinuating that the power of the Oval Office does not project globally is essentially devaluing that office for all future presidents. Im not cool with that.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

originally posted by: jhn7537

a reply to: jhn7537

You think I should find it funny that a Duly elected President has dealt with 3 years of BS from the left/media as they try to overthrow his presidency and undermine him constantly on the world stage...

When that person is as oblivious and comical as Donald Trump, yes. Why wouldn't you?

The only person undermining Donald Trump on the world stage is himself. No one makes him do the things he does but him..

aye aye aye... and let me guess, you believe the reporting/media is fair and balanced when it comes to Trump... right?

Not at all. The media is far too uncritical of him in my opinion.

Stoopid Twump shoulda lizzened to Underverkz master planz.

Stoopid Twump.

That's how you sound in your childish TDS posts.

Thank you.

Though that's a little more coherent than what I was going for.

I've yet to witness you demostrate that you have knowledge of a single subject and your posts are about as childlike as they come.
So I hope, at least, you see the irony in your rants about your President's mental capacity.

Thank you. Coming from your regular place of delusion, I can only take that as a compliment.

Take it however you want, fella.
It's just the truth. You demonstrate time and time again you are completely clueless and incredibly childish.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

You think I should find it funny that a Duly elected President has dealt with 3 years of BS from the left/media as they try to overthrow his presidency and undermine him constantly on the world stage...

When that person is as oblivious and comical as Donald Trump, yes. Why wouldn't you?

The only person undermining Donald Trump on the world stage is himself. No one makes him do the things he does but him..

aye aye aye... and let me guess, you believe the reporting/media is fair and balanced when it comes to Trump... right?

Not at all. The media is far too uncritical of him in my opinion.

Stoopid Twump shoulda lizzened to Underverkz master planz.

Stoopid Twump.

That's how you sound in your childish TDS posts.

Thank you.

Though that's a little more coherent than what I was going for.

I've yet to witness you demostrate that you have knowledge of a single subject and your posts are about as childlike as they come.
So I hope, at least, you see the irony in your rants about your President's mental capacity.

Thank you. Coming from your regular place of delusion, I can only take that as a compliment.

Take it however you want, fella.
It's just the truth. You demonstrate time and time again you are completely clueless and incredibly childish.

All it takes is a little prodding for you guys to out yourselves as the true snowflakes..

Nothing but feelz and identity politics...

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 11:33 AM
link   
The details--for those that have done due diligence research--already indicated that President Trump basically gave Erdogan what he was demanding: Enough rope to hang himself.

When I saw that letter that strategy was made crystal clear---to the public but even moreso to Erdogan.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

I don't support Trump, and think he's a jackass. But he's a man. Its the office that i respect, and its the office the world needs to respect.

what you are trying to do here is make him a cult of personality, which is no better than what his supporters do.

He's a man. Holding elected office. He acts with the authority of the office he sits within. Do you really want that office devalued globally? Because that is what is happening here. Either by directly devaluing or by insinuating that the cult of personality is the office, which is a little more indirect. Same result, however.

Calling him a buffoon, that seems like a reasonable thing to say about any president. But insinuating that the power of the Oval Office does not project globally is essentially devaluing that office for all future presidents. Im not cool with that.

Because it's me that's made him into a cult of personality.

Lmao.

Just look at the anger and hurt feelings in this thread. All because I chose to make fun of a politician. The cult of personality you speak of was created by Donald Trump himself, and it's laughable to try to put that onto someone like me.

Cry me a river. If you really cared about the office of the President being devalued, you'd be criticizing the person sitting in it who through his incompetence and crassness has devalued it to a level no one thought was possible. Not a random person on the internet calling it out.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Our founders wanted to limit voting to land owners, believing people unable to amass enough wealth to own land were too pedestrian to vote. I always balked at this notion, as it seems elitist.

Nowadays, it does seem obvious why our founders made such a limit. Not so much as an elitist notion of wealth, but actually the fact that land ownership made one more considerate of decisions regarding our country. They had 'skin in the game' so to speak.

Our founders lost most of their wealth in making the decision to turn against Britian's authority and have a revolution. They certainly did not create this law to be elitist. It is obvious that they recognized the nature of appreciation and pride of ownership vs those who make risky impulsive decisions since they have nothing to lose.

Somewhere out there in Internet land, there is an awesome Paul Harvey video on our Founders and the rest of the story! Truly fascinating facts that most never heard or were told.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Brain food for the left. This is the kind of stuff they eat up. Since Trump gained ground, no provided evidence has been needed for the left to believe any negative story about him. You could show them a video of him saying one thing and they would watch the media to see how they respond and would respond the same way.

It sure seems so. It's crazy.

I literally just commented in another thread how many folks will happily expand upon and build upon the disinfo planted and spread...

And, as you might already know, I'm not even a Trump supporter! I can believe the worst about Trump... if someone actually came up with real evidence!!! But seriously, if this is the best they've got, then they've probably got nothing. Either that, or there's a serious game of 4D chess going on behind the curtain and they're ALL guilty of something. I can believe that too!

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: HanyManny

originally posted by: odzeandennz

originally posted by: LSU2018

a reply to: CriticalStinker

I'm just laughing at how idiotic what was written in that letter is. It's no wonder Erdogan threw it into the trash. People believe Donald Trump is some kind of strong man, when he's really just a bumbling idiot. This is what world leaders have to deal with when they communicate with our moron in chief.

I'm pretty sure every Thursday they all get on a conference call and laugh about the last dumbass thing he said to them.

I'd be less shocked to learn they got on a conference call to laugh about how many failed attempts the democrats have had at bringing him down.

I think it's funnier that no dictator or enemies of America bats an eye when Trump threatens them .

from lil Kim to Maduro to Iran to Turkey; Trump is the personification of the letter he wrote.

They laugh at trump, and because of him, they are laughing at all of the US.

They are waiting for Thanksgiving, when he will be impeached. Maybe they can make deals with pence - at least he is not senile.

What's happening at Thanksgiving?

At the Pelosis press conference today she was asked if the "impeachment inquiry" could lead into and maybe through the election and her response was "This will take as long as it takes to find the facts".
"We dont know what we are looking for yet so this is going to take much longer than originally stated".

Imagine that? They are going to interfere in an election.....

Thanksgiving?

Lolz🤪

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 11:40 AM
link   
"It was a perfect letter!" "A beautiful, perfect letter".

twitter.com...

LOL

Trump needs to hire this AP English teacher.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Should have had Betsy Devos read over it. She maybe could have hooked Erdogan up with some essential oils.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

And, as you might already know, I'm not even a Trump supporter!

Suuuuuure...

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Trumps dumbass letter sure didn't exude an aura of strength.

Lmao.

You're right... he should bow and bend over nonstop like Obama did....

He does, but only to those murdering tyrant he is so enamored with.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 11:52 AM
link   

The "im rubber and you're glue" arguement doesn't advance any salient point.

The fact of the matter is, i criticize Trump when appropriate. Keep my mouth shut when not sure while i gather details. And defend him when he is attacked under the guise of ignorance wearing a wolf clothings of "concern".

Ill restate for you: 1 vs 100mil. Seems like you have solid logic in your assessment.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell told his fellow Republicans that a Senate impeachment trial could begin as early as Thanksgiving, The Washington Post reported Wednesday evening.

The discussion reflects a growing recognition that the House will vote to approve articles of impeachment by late next month following a fast-moving investigation. Democrats set themselves an unofficial deadline of completing their impeachment inquiry by the end of the year to avoid dragging what will be a deeply contentious and distracting fight into 2020.

Try to keep up folks...

www.businessinsider.com...

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

All our bases are belong to us and are very powerful.

LMAO!!

I had forgotten about that one.

Isn't it considered to be the very first internet meme?

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Riffrafter

The original goes way back.

He made it his own.

A person needs to find something to smile about in this idiocracy we are living in now.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Our founders wanted to limit voting to land owners, believing people unable to amass enough wealth to own land were too pedestrian to vote. I always balked at this notion, as it seems elitist.

But since seeing what has happened in this country since 9/11 and the popularization of the internet, i see their logic.

This is something I've been thinking about too. It does seem elitist, and can be, but there's also much wisdom in that property owners have a vested and tangible interest in maintaining and working for the best interests of the nation and the people. These are the people who have gained hard earned knowledge via hard work and experience, who understand how things work in practice as opposed to theory, and people who are capable of cooperating with and working with others for ideals and goals bigger than themselves.

At the same time, we're seeing how market forces -- including housing -- can be manipulated and compromised for the benefit of the few and at the expense of the many. We've seen public education watered down and pumped full of feel-good nonsense at the expense of knowledge and skills that empower and enable folks to be independent and resourceful and self-sufficient. We've seen "free love" and "sex positivity" turn people into sex- and gender-obsessed addicts that are slaves to stereotypes and fetishes and fantasies. It goes on and on.

We need to create better voters, not fewer voters. I think our only hope is to put our time, energy and money into empowering and enabling the people, so that we all want and demand better. And by "better" I mean getting the government out of our pockets and our bedrooms and our doctor's office and so on.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Reinstating Smith Mundt certainly would go a long way towards that end.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 12:24 PM
link   

The "im rubber and you're glue" arguement doesn't advance any salient point.

The fact of the matter is, i criticize Trump when appropriate. Keep my mouth shut when not sure while i gather details. And defend him when he is attacked under the guise of ignorance wearing a wolf clothings of "concern".

Ill restate for you: 1 vs 100mil. Seems like you have solid logic in your assessment.

How valiant of you. Like any other politician I believe Donald Trump should be stripped naked, tarred and feathered and left in the woods somewhere. That someone can degrade themselves over a lifetime of business and politics is no reason to respect them. Quite the opposite. A person who spends their life in that capacity deserves constant ridicule and derision.

One narcissistic, oblivious old man with his hand on the button trumps (pun intended) 100 million people recognizing him for the idiot he is.

That is solid logic.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Reinstating Smith Mundt certainly would go a long way towards that end.

Definitely!!!

In fact, reinstating Smith Mundt would stop much of the nonsense we're seeing now. Like the very existence of CNN! Between the decriminalization of propaganda and the criminalization of truth (in various ways, shapes and forms), including the prosecution of journalists, then add in the wholesale spying and no doubt blackmail going on up to the highest levels of government, and we can be pretty sure that anything and everything we think we know is tainted to some extent...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join