It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Erdogan threw Trumps tough guy letter in the trash

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: underwerks

Operating off the premise Trump didn't green light the Turkish operation, what was the play here? Turkey has obviously decided to go rogue against NATO and regional interests. They've decided to pick up where they left off on their fight on he Kurds by what appears to be against most every interest in he area.

But if this does turn out to be the case, I'm actually leaning towards a bit more pleased with the transpiring of events on this one.

It's about time the US stops being the end all be all in the region. If Turkey decides to go rogue, we shouldn't put all the weight on our shoulders. I don't think there will be any shortage on nations willing to step up to address Turkey given the circumstances. While I remain skeptical, I'm willing to have an open mind as this plays out.

It's been a while since I've agreed with you (then again I haven't been around much)...

Great reply you got there, as always.

peace

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 09:47 AM
link   

A complete waste of a piece of paper.

Save the trees.

link   

originally posted by: HanyManny
a reply to: Sookiechacha

So Erdogan told trump to get out of Syria and trump did as he was told.

I guess that about sums it up.

trump is whipped...guess he didn't "grab that pu$$y"...

Good point. He should have pulled a power play and used some young 20 somethings as pawns to call their bluff.

I don't mind the approach of giving belligerents enough rope to hang themselves with. Beats the hell out of "preemptive striking".... But then again, I forgot Bush is in the good graces of the left and the right, many even saying he missed since he was a nice cozy establishment politician. Oh how we miss Bush/Obama policy.

link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

I agree with your overall thought.

But more troops were sent to SA then removed from Syria so it isn't what it appears. It is games.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Lets say Trumps letter is a failure, and militarily we go hands off. Good.

I see the exact opposite coming from this. Such an abject failure of diplomacy in all odds will lead to us being dragged into even more conflict in the region.

I've never seen another President make this country look as weak as Donald Trump has recently. And that's going to invite conflict.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

I'm having a very hard time believing that an official letter from the prez of the USA is thrown into the trash by the prez of another nation.

Welcome to Donald Trumps USA. The hard part for me is imagining the leader of another country taking him seriously.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

Lets say Trumps letter is a failure, and militarily we go hands off. Good.

I see the exact opposite coming from this. Such an abject failure of diplomacy in all odds will lead to us being dragged into even more conflict in the region.

I've never seen another President make this country look as weak as Donald Trump has recently. And that's going to invite conflict.

LMAO, yea, we look so weak... aye aye aye, that's why everyone is making their move on us now... Ever since the Ottoman Empire was split up with rulers 103 years ago, we've seen conflict. We will continue to see conflict in this region. Likely for a very very long time. Having some US troops in northern syria isnt going to stabalize the region. its always going to be shedding blood.. Too many groups claiming territory is theirs. Too many religions.. Too many people currently displaced.. This mess wasnt created by the US, and its not the United States mess to clean up..
edit on 17-10-2019 by jhn7537 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: jhn7537

Trumps dumbass letter sure didn't exude an aura of strength.

Lmao.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 09:56 AM
link   

1 person vs 100mil people....yeah, I totally see your logic.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Lmao.

You're right... he should bow and bend over nonstop like Obama did....

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 09:59 AM
link   

The first "but Obama" response took a little longer than I expected..

You guys are starting to slip..

link   

originally posted by: HanyManny

I would have hung it up on my wall as a reminder how to be stupid.

You should just look at your post count and content...

link   

originally posted by: jhn7537

Lmao.

You're right... he should bow and bend over nonstop like Obama did....

Obama went with what he was good at doing.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Starting to slip? Its literally you, HanyMany and a few other shills that hang around here regurgitating CNN BS talking points, but yea, we're slipping.... LOL

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 10:01 AM
link   
The second page (the graphics) of his letter to Erdogan was just released.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel
that is funny
well played sir

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 10:07 AM
link   

So Trump should have left Troops in northern Syria as a "tripwire"?

That is the buzzword msdnc and CNN are using the last 2 days.... "tripwire".....

You would have Trump leave American troops to be run over when he was warned there was an attack eminent?

What then?

All out war with Turkey?

Since Obama was brought up and he did such a great job with middle eastern diplomacy, do you have statistics on American body count in the middle east during both presidential terms?

You dont, and you dont care because you hate Trump?

Sad really that yall are in favor of WAR now isnt it?

Lolz🤪

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: silo13

Thank ya kindly. And I actually like talking with people who generally see things differently than me, as long as they are actually open to discussion.

Don't be a stranger now, ya' hear? Lol, have a good day mate.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

I agree with your overall thought.

But more troops were sent to SA then removed from Syria so it isn't what it appears. It is games.

Yea, Saudi Arabia can handle their own affairs as far as I'm concerned. Just like Turkey, they're an ally in name only, I'd be hard pressed to say which I dislike more.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Welcome to Donald Trumps USA.

LOL! Trump doesn't deserve that much credit!!! Trump (and his presidency) is a flash in the pan in the big scheme of things.

The hard part for me is imagining the leader of another country taking him seriously.

Um... really? No matter what they think of Trump either personally or professionally, he is the duly elected president of these united states, with all the power thereof. It would be stupid for anyone to NOT take him seriously.

And regardless of personal opinions, this letter was an official document from a foreign leader and therefore subject to record keeping laws and procedures. Somehow I think you'd have a very different attitude if you learned that Trump had trashed official correspondence from the leader of another nation... especially if Trump's excuse was that he just didn't take that leader "seriously"...

"I just can't take Boris Johnson seriously... so I threw away his letter about Brexit..."

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join