It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"They won't come for your guns" leftist keep saying, but...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

Constitution Party

Mission Statement

The mission of the Constitution Party is to secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity through the election, at all levels of government, of Constitution Party candidates who will uphold the principles of the Declaration of Independence, the Constitution of the United States, and the Bill of Rights. It is our goal to limit the federal government to its delegated, enumerated, Constitutional functions.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom
Fortunately, some of the newer members to ATS have expressed a great interest in following the Constitution. So far, their interest in abiding by the Constitution has been geared towards finding ways to impeach Donald Trump or find him guilty of some crime. But now maybe we can find common ground by standing together and saying, "The right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

Keeping in mind that the Bill of Rights is far more important than any President, I don't see how anyone who supports the Constitution can support the candidates they saw at the Democratic Debates. Is there a Constitutionalist Party? If so, who is their candidate? If not, why not?

So it was Written , So it is Said .

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: pianopraze

There will ultimately come a time when people will vote away their rights.

It's a slow creep, but it's coming.

Just look at the people willing to vote for someone who already stated they'd be raising taxes.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Not any of the Lefties running for office right now

To those saying law enforcement won't do it, I offer you images of them doing it during Katrina:

Katrina was 2005, that was under Rep Bush...

Did I mention I don't trust either Dems or Rep sans Trump?
edit on 16-10-2019 by pianopraze because: fixing link

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Please Fix the LINK , I am Dying to see it .......)

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

Fixed, thanks for telling me!

a reply to: DBCowboy

I hear you. I am so sad at the anti-constitution, and anti-liberty of both sides.

So many people are calling for a totalitarian government right now. Both sides! They just want a different flavor with their side in total control.

I no this is not every body, bit it is far, far to many in my opinion.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Oh, the government will try to go after people's guns once someone shoots a senator or presidential candidate. Beto may get someones bullet if he keeps talking like that.. Someone will come unglued and go after him...he is bringing risk upon himself. Beto needs to just shut up. There are a few nuts with guns out there, not all gun owners are law abiding and sane people.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Guess you have no answers to 2 simple questions?

Not trying to argue, just asking questions.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 10:39 PM
link   

I don't have any guns but if they come to my door for my thermonuclear devices and bio-weapons, I'll be really upset!

Every citizen in the US has a Constitutional right to have the weapons of mass destruction. It says so right there in the Second Amendment, right beside that bit that says something unintelligible about militias.

(I'm being sarcastic here, for those who need such cues).

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 10:41 PM
link   

When everyone around him agreed.
a reply to: Grimpachi

Ummmmmm.....they didn't.

You talking about taking our rights then yeah. The aftermath of trying to implement it would be bloody. Do you not think that would be a bad thing?

No, not talking about taking your rights.
Don't think it would be bloody, lots of basement gangsters here.

Not the way I would implement it (think Australia), but the it would make make for a safer society, don't you agree?

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Just like always ... It is a “well he didn’t actually say he was gonna, but we know what he really means.. “

It is a super childish rape fantasy..”I’m gonna be Rambo when they come for my guns!!“

And nobody cares.....

These idiots pretend they talking SPECIFICALLY about assault rifles and only assault rifles.... with a grandfather clause as there has always been for any legislation...

The one example of a quote of an elected official saying something similar is of Nancy palosi saying “If she had the votes” she wouldn’t have allowed the grandfather clause for full auto...

A) that is in no way her saying she wants a ban on all guns..

B) she is freely admitting there has never been the votes..

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 10:45 PM
link   

How about the fact the whole video is a fraud..

Beto doesn’t say anything like that and the commentor even plays the “I know what he really meant?!?! Did you read the law!!!”

Literally this entire OP is a logical fallacy... And you say stawman?!?!

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Don’t worry they won’t.... but if the police or military did they would quickly breach and kill you if you did but instantly surrender..

That’s the game..

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

WHAT?!?!

there are a laundry list of senators and even presidents shot..

Happens 2-3 times a decade ATLEAST..

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 10:51 PM
link   

I think you might be super surprised if you actually listened to what each side wants to do independently, because you cannot trust what someone’s arch-enemy says they want to do..

That is like grade school knowledge...

“You cannot trust what someone’s arch-enemy says about them..”

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Wrong thread
edit on 16-10-2019 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 10:58 PM
link   

A bit misleading . It was during a Hurricane Emergency to Keep the Peace and prevent Looting . Did these Gun Owners eventually have their Firearms returned to them or Not > ?

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: JustJohnny

Only fraud is you as you didn't watch the video.

First link from video:

Beto’s Coming Door to Door for Your Guns
By RICH LOWRY
October 16, 2019 10:32 AM
Beto’s worst moment of the night was his inability to answer the question of how he’s going to confiscate guns, since there is no way for the government to know who owns them. He had no answer, because there is no answer. He was asked about it again this morning and in response to a hypothetical of a rancher who doesn’t want to comply with a law he believes is unconstitutional, said that government agents would show up at his door to take his gun:

.@BetoORourke says if someone refuses to turn in their AR-15s then "in that case I think there would be a visit by law enforcement to recover that firearm…"https://t.co/i0eRK7w63H pic.twitter.com/QdxsBV7Kyr

link

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I wish they would. Might finally be the catalyst for a revolt against the left.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 11:06 PM
link   

The left definitely wants to "come after your guns". The left wants to regulate guns that can fire 100 rounds per minute with huge clips. So if you own certain classes of guns the left wants to come and take them by regulating them as illegal to own or sell.

On the other hand, the left does not want to regulate guns with low rates of fire or small clip size so from their point of view since the majority of guns are not the kill-every-kid-in-the-playground-in-30-seconds type they argue they are not coming for your guns.

It's a question of semantics. Guns like abortion are a great wedge issue for getting Republicans to vote come out and vote. It's all propaganda manipulation techniques.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join