It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Theory on Democrats and Impeachment

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

" It's called cognitive dissonance, I believe. "

Yeah , like the Man said , You Can't ALWAYS get what you Want Honey * .........)
edit on 16-10-2019 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: SonOfTheLawOfOne

Very well written and its nice to see the Green Lantern back! Its funny how Trump effects so many people. I live on a property with 3 other people. One a die hard HRC Lover, One that hates Trump, but cant really tell you why if you try and pin them down on a actual reason for the hate outside of hes a jerk, he's a a-hole. Nothing of anything with solid merit. One that couldnt give a flying squirrel about any of them. Yes I have a lot of alone time and stay in my lane. Just easier.

Thing is I think these 3 and myself sort of mirror the nation in a sense. I didnt vote for Trump, but only because I have never voted. They have all been crooks in my book and I refuse to vote for lesser evils. When I went to bed that night, I like many others thought she had it in the bag. A depressing thought to sleep on because I know shes been very shady. ATS has dug into her for many years, and have found a lot of the dirt that is coming out now. Of course we were laughed at and out of our minds when shared with others off the board. Some of the members were disgusted with her back then, but as soon as Trump came into the picture somehow their tunes changed. Not sure how that really happened, but it did.

When I woke up to him being the winner I thought to myself, "Well this is going to be interesting." Like you, he is my POTUS and I will give him my respect for the office and a fair chance. As of 2 days ago I am once again registered to vote. He has proven himself to me enough for me to do that.

There really is no pretty way when it comes to Cleaning out this swamp. One has to be a little rough around the edges to deal with these dirty players. Its hard enough as it is without having to put on a fake act just to appease peoples PC Leanings. When it does all finally come out in the wash, I think many a tune will change. He certainly knows how to yank their chains. Some days it is almost comical to watch unfold.

You mentioned some reasons of why the Dems have done some of the things they have to see what he knows. I bet they also spend a lot of time wondering if he remembers certain nights of conversations at parties they may have had with him back when they were all friends. Trying to remember themselves if they actually told him such and such because they thought he was on the same page. This must also be very nerve racking for them!

I do feel one of Trumps driving factors to this whole thing is that fact that he hasnt forgotten 911. Eventually we will arrive at that point and we all know that will be very ugly. That will be the Truth no American can ignore any longer and maybe then we as Americans will all get on the same page and make sure this sort of things never happens again and make some positive changes going forward.

Again, nice post

edit on 10/16/19 by onehuman because: typo

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: SonOfTheLawOfOne

originally posted by: Lumenari

I have the same opinion that you posted so eloquently.

The Mueller Report was nothing but a taxpayer-funded opposition research piece for 2024.

They are continuing the same while at the same time trying to tie up enough of his time that he can't get anything done.

DESPITE that and round the clock negative reporting by the PR arm of the Democrat Party (the enemidia) he has gotten some really positive things done.

They have thrown EVERYTHING they have at this guy to get his approval numbers down to where impeachment is a viable option.

They have failed.

I don't like Trump personally... he's an arrogant ass.

However, he has turned America around... it's more positive for average citizens now if you just tune out the left.

But DAMN... I respect him taking on all this heat and giving even more back.

He's the right guy at the right time for America.

Great post.

I have great respect for anyone who can take the onslaught that has been brought to this man. He is arrogant, and I'm not sure if he was any less arrogant that he'd have the fortitude to keep pushing forward.

Love him or hate him, he is getting things done, contrary to what the mass media would have us believe.

~Namaste

I listened to an interview awhile back with Ivanka.

I'm paraphrasing so my apologies if it isn't perfect.

They were asking her about the circumstances behind Trump running for President.

He called them all together for dinner and told them that he was thinking of running for President because America was all screwed up and he thought he could fix it.

He thought he was the only one who could fix it.

He told them that the Democrats and the media if he ran would do everything they could to destroy him, the family business and all of them.

They could lose everything they had.

So he said that because of that, he could not run until they as a family voted on it because it wasn't just his decision to make.

They voted yes.

Think about that... he KNEW going in what was going to happen.

And did it anyways.

He's the right guy at the right time.

edit on 16-10-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: madmac5150
We didn't necessarily get the President, that we wanted...

But, we damned sure got the one that we needed...

He's got my vote, again.

The universe is a merciless carnivore, unbiased, relentless... and it doesn't care about party lines.

It has a way of not always giving us what we want, but what we need. We needed someone to expose the corruption from the highest echelons of government, or it was never going to happen, so for that alone, I am eternally grateful that America is being forced to take the red pill.

Americans (and other nations) have allowed corruption to run so deep, that some people think it's acceptable that there is no law that defines a crime of cronyism... but ironically, the same "high crimes" they accuse the President of worth of impeachment would call for Biden, Clinton and possibly Obama to be brought up on charges.

After the Constitutional Convention, the Constitution had to be ratified by the states. Alexander Hamilton, James Madison, and John Jay wrote a series of essays, known as the Federalist Papers, urging support of the Constitution. In Federalist No. 65, Hamilton explained impeachment. He defined impeachable offenses as “those offences which proceed from the misconduct of public men, or in other words from the abuse or violation of some public trust. They are of a nature which may with peculiar propriety be denominated political, as they relate chiefly to injuries done immediately to the society itself.”

For the more than 200 years since the Constitution was adopted, Congress has seriously considered impeachment only 18 times. Thirteen of these cases involved federal judges. The “high crimes and misdemeanors” that the House charged against these judges included being habitually drunk, showing favoritism on the bench, using judicial power unlawfully, using the office for financial gain, unlawfully punishing people for contempt of court, submitting false expense accounts, getting special deals from parties appearing before the court, bullying people in open court, filing false income tax returns, making false statements while under oath, and disclosing confidential information.

And for the folks calling the President a racist, let's take a look back at Andrew Johnson's impeachment when it was Republicans who were asking for voting rights and redistribution of land for blacks:

Andrew Johnson was the only senator from a Southern state who stayed loyal to the union during the Civil War. President Abraham Lincoln, seeking to reconcile with the South, tapped Johnson, a Democrat, as his vice-presidential running mate in 1864. When Lincoln was assassinated at the war’s end in 1865, Johnson assumed the presidency. He immediately ran into trouble with the Republican-dominated Congress over Reconstruction of the South. The Radical Republicans supported military rule in the South and voting rights and redistribution of land for blacks. Johnson disagreed and favored a quick return to civilian rule. The two sides grew increasingly farther apart as Congress repeatedly passed Reconstruction legislation, Johnson vetoed it, and Congress overrode his veto. Over Johnson’s veto, Congress passed a Tenure of Office Act, which required Johnson to get permission from Congress before firing any member of the executive branch who had been approved by Congress. Johnson responded by firing the secretary of war, Edwin Stanton, a Radical Republican. His firing violated the Tenure of Office Act. But Johnson believed the act was unconstitutional. The House passed 11 articles of impeachment. Eight involved Johnson’s violations of the Tenure of Office Act. One charged him with sending orders through improper channels. Another accused him of conspiring against Congress, citing a statement he made about Congress not representing all the states. The last summarized the other 10 charges and charged him with failing to enforce the Reconstruction Acts. At the end of the Senate trial, only three charges were brought to a vote. Johnson was saved from conviction on each by one vote.

History has not judged well those who brought the charges against Johnson. The charges are generally seen as politically motivated, based on the extreme disagreement over Reconstruction between Congress and the president. They are not viewed as “high crimes and misdemeanors” worthy of removing a president from office. Most commentators look on this impeachment as a severe threat to the separation of powers.

Source

The hypocrisy and double standards are disgusting. How is what is happening now any different? It will be viewed through the same lens as history has shown us with Johnson.

~Namaste

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 09:58 PM
link   
once again turn the blind eye on the dems cant help your self can you a reply to: dfnj2015

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 10:02 PM
link   
SotLoO,

Great series of posts in this thread. TheRedneck has very similar notions in that it is his belief that the real purpose behind the FBI was never law enforcement but rather the digging up and keeping in databases of political dirt with which to threaten politicians into doing what those behind the curtains would have them do. Now that Trump has the keys to the kingdom, as it were, there is panic in the Halls of power.

That panic is self evident to those who can look without political filters. Both democrats and many Republicans are gunning for Trump and his family. Lumenari reminded us that the Donald got with his family ahead of time to let them know what was coming should he decide to run. The fact that he was right on the money tells me that he's had his ear to the ground for some time and decide that the time was right to make his move.

I hope he manages to make an actual difference in American politics, we are long past the point where the toilet that is D.C. needs to be flushed.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: onehuman

Thank you for the kind words, it's nice to be back on the boards. It's been too long.

Having spent so much time looking into the Clinton Foundation on my own time, and the email dump, the donations that ceased after she lost... rather than "anyone but Trump", I was in the camp of "anyone but Hillary". When I saw the votes coming in and realized Trump had won, I couldn't believe it, but not because I was disappointed or upset. It was because I had a spark of hope for the first time in a very long time that the establishment had genuinely and unexpectedly lost the iron grip held by the deep state, and knew it would create ripples far and wide enough to shake the pillars of corruption that have driven our hard earned tax dollars into the hands of family members and friends of the politicians.

The Founders knew:

Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed.

For fear of the unknown that could come from righting the ship and rooting out evil and corruption, Americans (and mankind) are more likely to suffer the evils than to change them. That is why we have a duty to protect our government, including our President, from the evils that seek to keep us in fear of change... and what we are seeing is real change, the kind that has not been seen since the Founders put America first.

I'm not Democrat. I'm not Republican. I'm not Independent.

I am American.

Anyone who believes impeaching the President is the right thing to do given the current climate, doesn't deserve the right to call themselves an American, and doesn't understand what the Founders had intended for our Republic.

~Namaste

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Great info, thank you for sharing this! I had heard something similar but not in such great detail.

The sacrifices one has to make to be President is one thing.

The sacrifices a billionaire family with little to no political loyalty or ties has to make is completely different.

For me, that really defines what a patriot would do... put their country before themselves and their interests and sacrifice everything to go to work for the People.

Much appreciated info.

~Namaste

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Is this really such an expose?

Surely that has been the propaganda since the 2016 campaign, but now there is the more that warrants investigation?

Trump keeps implying that his job as President will be hampered if he is under investigation. That is clearly untrue. He's been under investigation for some time.

So, I don't believe he is being 'picked on' nor do I think it will affect his work at the moment. It might if he is impeached, but that mightn't happen, either. It's just propaganda from a media manipulator.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Is this really such an expose?

Surely that has been the propaganda since the 2016 campaign, but now there is the more that warrants investigation?

Trump keeps implying that his job as President will be hampered if he is under investigation. That is clearly untrue. He's been under investigation for some time.

So, I don't believe he is being 'picked on' nor do I think it will affect his work at the moment. It might if he is impeached, but that mightn't happen, either. It's just propaganda from a media manipulator.

I do believe there is an expose here. The facts that have been presented from all sides have shown that the President was falsely accused of crimes against the country with regard to collusion with Russia. Whether or not there is more to investigate is irrelevant, because it's not that there is "more" to investigate, it's that it is "something else" entirely. The accusations keep changing, but the desired outcome being pushed does not. What does that say? It tells me it's not about what he is being accused of, it is about the desired outcome.

I've been wrongly accused of a crime before. It isn't a pleasant experience to say the least - it is all consuming, ruins family, friendships, finances, career aspirations, and takes orders of magnitude to recover from than if you had actually committed the crime. Taking the high road, unfortunately, does not work. At a certain point, one has to see that there is a different motivation than simply getting to the bottom of a particular incident versus looking for any reason to advance an agenda. When someone just wants to see you in jail, they will throw a litany of charges at you hoping that any of them will stick. (Al Capone ring a bell?) Evidence has shown us that the agenda is to remove our President from office, and to have kept him from getting into office in the first place, and it is politically motivated, not criminally warranted.

Since my tax dollars fund this "investigation", I have a say as much as you and everyone else on whether our "representatives" are truly representing our interests, or their own. If anyone should be impeached, it should be a vast majority of the House.

~Namaste

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 02:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Here's my theory. There's evidence Trump broke election laws. He then incriminated himself on TV twice. Trump is his own worse enemy. I would not blame the Democrats too much because Trump is making it too easy.

you do know there is this RIGHT EVERYONE ENJOYS from a document called THE CONSTITUTION that states
""innocent UNTIL PROVE GUILTY IN COURT OF LAW"

hell even IF he was impeached UNLESS THE COURT / SENATE by 2/3 MAJORITY VOTE to remove him from office HE IS STILL PRESUMED INNOCENT.

so what court HAS FOUND HIM GUILTY?

in fact the ONLY COURT CASE i can find as president is the stormy daniels accusations.

remember that?
I do... SHE LOST and had to PAY HIM LEGAL FEES.

opps.

Hell the millions and two years of muller investigation CLEARLY STATED there was no russian collusion and while he said there MAY BE obstruction of justice he WOULD NOT CALL FOR INDICTMENT.
that very thing HIS INVESTIGATION WAS TO CALL FOR IF ENOUGH EVIDENCE.

since he didnt, PRESUMED INNOCENT still applies.

so unless you have some court case of conviction...then your just telling the same lie over and over and thinking the public will say its the truth.

propaganda 101

many have called you out and as yet NO PROOF you provided

weak and desperate your rants be.

scrounger

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 02:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: madmac5150
We didn't necessarily get the President, that we wanted...

But, we damned sure got the one that we needed...

He's got my vote, again.

you hit the nail on the head

patton was an arrogant man with delusions of grandeur
he was a hard charging unsympathetic (as exhibited by his slapping a clearly PTSD Soldier) SOB
but he was the best tank commander who knew how to (overall) motivate and equip his soldiers .
they loved him for it and he was what was needed to fight the Nazis .

was he a good after war leader... hell no.. he wanted to go right away into russia and use former nazi (no matter what they did) to accomplish this .

but when war was going on, he was the needed person.

trump isnt a polished speaker nor one I would want my daughter to date.

but as a leader in the mess POLITICIANS have gotten us into and as a business minded person, he is the man for the job .

Let me leave you with this personal anecdotal story.

my father when working at an airport was moving a cable attached to an APU unit. He didnt know the line was cut partially by a careless lawn guy mowing
to put it quick and blunt he had many volts going though from one hand to another.
resulting in fourth degree/bone burns on both hands, some burns on INSIDE of shirt and but by the grace of God didnt turn his heart into a charcoal brisket.

He needed a hand reconstructive surgeon

Dr wisekoff was to be honest a sexist (tried to lock horns with my (her words) stubborn Pollock , he ended up respecting her due to her letting him verbally have it) , plane crashing , possible substance / liquid who knows using off duty, arrogant prick.

but when it comes to hands, few in the US were better.

he was the right man for the job and damn glad we used him

scrounger

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 06:15 AM
link   

So then why is it only trumps friends being prosecuted for corruption, when trump appointees rn every. Ranch of law enforcement???

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: scrounger

I’m not sure Patton was required to win that war.. hell that was was really fought between Germany and Russia with the US and UK being side missions..

lol now to be fair I have not gone super indepth into Patton’s tactics, so maybe I am wrong, but I do not know of any groundbreaking tactics he pioneered..

I have seen documentaries about the man, and specifically remember how he cheated to win a war game..

Went out the day before and talked to civilian gas stations and such to set up him going out of bounds to flank his opponent..

That is not a total criticism ... in combat itself there is no cheating..

For example..

Hannibal probably had to be Hannibal to beat Rome senseless for 20 years.. I’m not sure the next guy in line could have done it..

The same with Scipio later.. he trained since a teenager specifically to fight Hannibal and only Hannibal.

It probably took Sherman to do his march to the sea..

It probably took gengis khan to unite the mongols ..

I’m not sure the world war required Patton..

America for damn sure did not require trump.. he has kept zero campaign promises.

No wall, no criminal prosecutions of democrats he has accused of felonies....

For America to require trump he would have to have passed some crazy groundbreaking legislation..

What has he done that America required besides running his mouth.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 07:24 AM
link   
a reply to: scrounger

PS...

Trump publicly bragged about being one of the corporate interests paying off politicians..

So there is not less corruption.. trump just cut out the middleman.. now he doesn’t have to pay off a politician to help himself.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: JustJohnny

Can you please post something about that?

I don't recall ever hearing that admission.

~Namaste

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 08:27 AM
link   
i once was Democrat...after the losses by McGovern & McCarthy to the War-Hawks/neocons I went Libertarian instead...

in the decades since, the Globalist-Socialist-Zombies have hijacked the Democrat Party... oh well

ADD: So Barry Goldwater was a Republican who trusted 'Peace-through-strength'... is Trump also a 'Peace-by-strength' Goldwater republican ?
…. the 'Peace' Party Democrats became today's Police-State Disciples & the Trumpster seems to be what past Democrats once desired
edit on th31157132001817462019 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: JustJohnny

So then why is it only trumps friends being prosecuted for corruption, when trump appointees rn every. Ranch of law enforcement???

You're funny... his friends? You think his cabinet members are his friends???

Have you noticed how many he's fired as soon as he had the intelligence on them and found out they were corrupt?

Of course not, because it doesn't fit the narrative.

There's a saying... keep your friends close, and your enemies closer. That is where your confusion is here.

When you're playing chess, and you play smart chess, you will sacrifice your pawns to put the king in check.

You can keep jumping around all over the board with your game of checkers, and it changes nothing... it is clear that the opposition agenda has nothing to do with the Constitution or the People.

Stormy Daniels - lawyer arrested for corruption, lost the case, paid Trump's legal fees.
Russian Collusion - 2 years of investigation, and no collusion from any American with any Russians IN WRITING.
Ukraine - Written transcript of the call clearly shows he was asking about an open investigation from 2016, NOT to smear a political opponent that was not yet running for office.

3 completely different accusations, and none of them for any other objective than to try to impeach him.

It's because he has the keys to the castle, knows the dirt on everyone, and has access to the intelligence on where all of the skeletons are buried.

I would tell you where your head is buried, but I think everyone here can see that for themselves.

~Namaste

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 03:46 PM
link   

cool
Thanks for straightening that out

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 03:48 PM
link   

awesome reply

new topics

top topics