It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ban Trump's Twitter

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Blarneystoner

True. Twitter can do what they want. However, I think that calling for a corporation to silence a political activist is wrong and bad for America. You're right though. Corporations do not have a lawful obligation to uphold any speech in their organization.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Gorgonite

Well, if one is against Trump, shouldn't tweets be allowed to show how silly Trump is?

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

True. Twitter can do what they want. However, I think that calling for a corporation to silence a political activist is wrong and bad for America. You're right though. Corporations do not have a lawful obligation to uphold any speech in their organization.

But it's her right to do so.... freedom of speech and all..

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 04:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
a reply to: blueman12

However, democrats double down on their extremeness and push people away, like myself. So I can't even justify voting democrat even if I disagree with Trump.

That's your decision. I could never agree with that though. The shredding of the constitution, the human rights abuses towards immigrants, the arguing in a court of law that the President is above the law, the kowtowing to murderous dictators, the trillion dollar tax break to the 1%, the laughingstock Donald Trump has made this once great country into..

All of that is more important to me than how Democrats make me "feel". But I realize not everyone is like me.

Trump is his worst enemy, but he is also his best friend. He simply doesn't ever apologize or retract wrong statement and that works for him.

That only works for people that are like him. And that isn't anyone I'd want to be included with in the first place.

1. Shredding of the Constitution?
Hmm, No ! That is the Democrats trying to do this with Trumps Twitter, the subject of this very thread, or Antifa with their violent tactics
- Pay attention

2. Immigrants ?
Nope. Trump is enforcing EXISTING LAWS with respect to borders and not being a burden on the public purse. No Democrat has the guts, yet, to abolish the border. But tell me, how would that work ? How many tens of millions must the US admit? Data is clear about the amounts of social services they require. How to pay for this ? 10 million 100 million, 1 Billion immigrants? What is the " anti-racist" number that will satisfy your inner SJW ?
-> The cost in the tens of trillions for even tens of millions of immigrants would collapse the US.
Try thinking it out sometime.

3.Kowtowing to dictators
Hillary and Obama supplied ISIS with weapons.
ISIS
Of rape, pillage and burning people alive fame
Does not get more despicable than that.
Plus, Hillary CAUSED the Syria migrat crisis with he war that cuased tens of millions of refugees to flow into Europe.
Plus Obama tried ( and failed) to install the Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt. My hat is off to the Eguptian people that revolted. To say nothing of Obamas Billions in CASH to Iran.

4. Tax break
Was for all Americans
Obama on the other hand gave 100s of Billions to Banks in 2009 (not doubt with some "donations") and NOBODY WENT TO JAIL.

STICK WITH FACTS
You just keep projecting the misdeeds of the LEFT.

Normal people see through this and have had enough...
edit on 16-10-2019 by M5xaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 04:14 PM
link   

O yea of course. I support her right to ask for twitter to do that. I just think it's cheap and petty. She is asking to limit free speech on a platform because it is her political opponent. It's just not morally right imo.

It's legal for American companies to support china in their limiting of free speech. However, is that morally justified?

It's not always about the law, but rather about what is morally right. I think it is right to let trump have free speech, no matter how much incorrect and silly statements he makes.

I think he has the moral right to profess he free speech. I think the only time it should be suppressed when one calls for hate crimes, violence, or bullying.

I believe the POTUS should have some bypasses as POTUS because people need to understand his thinking. Even if it is wacky at times.

edit on 16-10-2019 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 04:15 PM
link   
“Human rights abuses against immigrants”

That’s a lie.

Also, opposing ILLEGAL immigration does not make someone ‘anti immigration’

President Trump, the Republican Party and republican supporters are PRO immigration. He/they/we SUPPORT immigration.

Immigration is a good thing . ILLEGAL immigration is not.

Hence why EVERY SINGLE COUNTRY ON EARTH has immigration laws.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: M5xaz

It may help your position to create arguments without using Hillary or Obama unless Obama directly effected the current actions and you can explain how.

I think it just shows weakness in an argument when one always refers to Obama or especially Hillary to justify this current president's actions.

I agree with Obama not being the golden god that he is considered by leftists to be too. He got paid millions by walstreet to give speeches after serving. Trump, however, hasn't really shown that he's ready to take on the bankers and billionaire fraudsters that are willing to sell out America.

You say nobody went to jail. Yea..i agree, Obama f#cked up. Why doesn't Trump go after pharma companies? This is very recent and shows corruption at high levels too?

What is Trump doing to fight against high-level corporate corruption?
edit on 16-10-2019 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak
It's more about how one handles illegal immigration when it comes to the human rights abuses. I don't know much about it, but I know some were concerned that the handling of it was inhuman.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I don't like so-so. They should be banned from twitter for blah blah blah. Offensive speech is freedom. You may not like it. You don't have to. You can even condemn it. But to silence someone because you don't like them is pathetic and childish. If you are going to silence someone, tell them to their face. Like kids getting sideways. Entirely different though. Hell, every now and then they may say something you actually agree with.
edit on 16-10-2019 by willzilla because: eta

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks The shredding of the constitution,

Where is your proof? You keep saying that but there isn't one action Trump has taken that comes anywhere near "shredding" the Constitution. Democrats however are trying to limit our God-given right to free speech, arms, privacy and many other areas of our lives every single day. That is their goal and they won't stop trying until they accomplish it.

the human rights abuses towards immigrants,

I assume you have proof for that accusation as well?

the arguing in a court of law that the President is above the law,

Again, proof? Executive privilege has a wide range.

the kowtowing to murderous dictators,

You mean like bowing to a Saudi prince or telling Putin he'll "have more flexibility after he's re-elected? Oh, wait... that was Obama.

the trillion dollar tax break to the 1%,

I'm not a 1%er and I got a tax break. Did you? If you earn an income you should have. That allowed me to save some money that I wouldn't have been able to normally last year. I kind of liked that.

edit on 16-10-2019 by HalWesten because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 04:48 PM
link   

It may help your position to create arguments without using Hillary or Obama unless Obama directly effected the current actions and you can explain how.

I think it just shows weakness in an argument when one always refers to Obama or especially Hillary to justify this current president's actions.

I agree with Obama not being the golden god that he is considered by leftists to be too. He got paid millions by walstreet to give speeches after serving. Trump, however, hasn't really shown that he's ready to take on the bankers and billionaire fraudsters that are willing to sell out America.

You say nobody went to jail. Yea..i agree, Obama f#cked up. Why doesn't Trump go after pharma companies? This is very recent and shows corruption at high levels too?

What is Trump doing to fight against high-level corporate corruption?

Hillary is what would have happened if Trump had not been elected, and she was the left's choice, not mine.
Please show me clear examples of anything Trump did that is worse than supporting ISIS ?

You leftists just don't like mirrors.

Trump is making an effort to secure the border.
You may not like walls as a measure, but if they work in Egypt and Israel, they will work in America.
Feel free to answer the questions above as to how many 10's or 100s of millions the US must take in and how that would be paid for.
Feel free to donate your vacation home or half of YOUR own home to refugees...I'll wait...
You can't of course and you won't - REALITY.
Just narcissist grandstanding on the part of leftists

With respect to prosecutions, the IG is preparing a report, wait for it.

edit on 16-10-2019 by M5xaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I just wish the president was pretty much unheard of. Like x president signed this bill into law. That's it. Nothing more, nothing less. This is how it should be. The government should be so quiet and non-intrusive, that you can hear a mouse fart from 5 blocks away. Better yet, an ant fart. Who gives a crap if you are smoking a joint while painting something with deer blood. Why send 100 armed people charging tax payers a billion dollars when they didn't hurt anyone but their feelings. Yeah...gross exaggeration, but the point is valid.

edit on 16-10-2019 by willzilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Weakness in his argument where? He's stating facts that happened in a previous administration because the accusations were made toward Trump. This is a common tactic from pretty much everyone on the Left, they project the dirty deeds on Republicans knowing full-well Democrats actually did them. Dismissing that is troubling to me.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten

Weakness in his argument where? He's stating facts that happened in a previous administration because the accusations were made toward Trump. This is a common tactic from pretty much everyone on the Left, they project the dirty deeds on Republicans knowing full-well Democrats actually did them. Dismissing that is troubling to me.

Precisely

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Sorry for the 'drive by' post but it's rally time in Dallas so a bit distracted.

Anybody can say anything they want about banning speech on Twitter-
HOWEVER
The President's tweets are considered governmental records (I think there was an executive order on that) AS ARE THE RELPIES!

I'm pretty sure @Jack was notified back at the 'social media summit meeting' at the White House some months ago.

ganjoa
edit on 2019-10-17 by ganjoa because: misspellings back not Bach (although I am musing) and couldn't spell my username period

top topics

<< 1   >>

join