It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Remember what it was like before cell phones?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest

I hope a solar flare knocks out all cellular communication for a good 90 day. People need to reconnect with reality.

Yes! This!

I have an old flip top phone. It is not even on at the moment, as usual. In a couple of hours i have to go outside, and the streets look like this. And that makes me scared. I am not even joking here. Scared.

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I Apologize in advance. Search feature has not yielded results. Please, somebody tell me how to post a new thread! a reply to: trollz

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 01:44 PM
link   
As for cell phone use, I resisted until last year believe it or not. I still refuse to pay any amount of money over fifty bucks for a phone I think it's stupid. It's a phone. While I went without one I watch the world change, when I talk about it the people they just didn't seem to understand or maybe they just love their phone so much they don't want to face it. The truth is cell phones and computers but mostly cell phones have changed the way we communicate with each other. They've damaged the social lives of children. And adults. Life is weird now because of them. a reply to: MayRenee

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 02:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: chris_stibrany
a reply to: Nyiah

'Member IRC?
I was also into MUDding/MUCKing/MUSHing (text games) on telnet.

IRC, lol, yep. My older brother was big into that, too.

I also had dialup modem. Images were a hot commodity back then, lol, waiting for the one image on the page to load.

Remember GEnie service? My dad shelled out for that, I remember a couple of arguments between him & my brother over it (racking up the charges, don't miss the per hour charges!) Lmao, one of my favorite stories to tell from back then was this one time my brother HAD to have some software he wanted really badly. The only way he could get it was to download it.
It was going to take a good 3 days to fully download, it was HUGE (for the time, anyway) All told, this was one expensive piece of software, but he did everything he could to save up for it.

He made a valiant effort to make sure nobody called during that download period, and we all knew not to use the phone, lest we cut off the internet and lose his download.

He had just a couple of hours to go on it when someone called and knocked him offline XD
We ALL have his shriek of despair burned into our memories, "NOOOOOO!! Motherf#errrrr!" X"D

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

lol lame. I didn't know about that software I don't think. What was it?

posted on Oct, 23 2019 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I hate the way other people make you responsible for their problems via cell-phones.

We were at a music festival with three loud stages, at a venue with virtually no reception.

Next thing here comes this woman who invited us, screaming and yelling all the drive home.
I first thought she was drugged, but it occurred to me she had BPD (Borderline Personality Disorder).

And although she refuses to speak to me, or even explain to me what she was screeching about, people tell me she's convinced I purposely didn't answer my phone (she claims she phoned me 4 times, but there was nothing on my phone, never mind the noise), because I was whoring with her husband and other women at this festival!
I wasn't even with him most of the time, just sitting at the bar.
He's got a phone, but doesn't take it with him.

And so it is that the assumption of a call leads to the end of a 20-year friendship.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join