It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Family outraged that armed robber brother was shot trying to rob Dollar Store

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Is there a guarantee that handing over the money keeps a clerk from being shot? No. it is about protecting your own life since a gun being pointed at you states you are being targeted for death. Who trusts a criminal to be "fair" or "ethical", other than a fool.
edit on 10/16/2019 by roadgravel because: typo

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

There are no guarantees.
Like I said, the pros have the numbers.
And those numbers show that the best way is to not confront the criminal.
They want money and know the security cameras are watching.

Home invasion is different.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Sure, don't confront or bargain.

Hand over the money and shoot them if possible.

Trusting a criminal is a fools game.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: ATruGod
Anyone want to bet the family will still get a multi million dollar payout from the Dollar Store?

Which They absolutely do not deserve!!

Perhaps they will offer the family, a coupon for one dollar off of anything, at the dollar store ?

What kind of a gun can a clerk at the dollar store afford ?
Also: Was the clerk using a Dollarama special ?

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
a reply to: JAGStorm

LOL... somebody mad because an action that actually reduces crime and has a proven track record of deterring crime (not to mention a stellar 0% recidivism rate!) was taken. This should honestly become the new normal again... thug tries to rob individual or store, thug takes a ride carried by 6 to a hole in the ground, thug isn't a problem ever again and the cycle ultimately is stopped.

Good lord, if that was to catch on, can you imagine the income gathering problems some would have, knowing that they might be met with an equal force during the robbery? Gasp, those folks might have to get.......jobs. Oh, I felt dirty just saying that.

Shoot up the town and get me a loaf has a whole new meaning in the states

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Reminds me of how many parents nowadays beat up teachers
for challenging their dumb kids.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

The guy had a gun. He was 23. Old enough to know what he was getting into.

I don't think the clerk should suffer any guilt from this.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 10:41 PM
link   
i would love to see the rest of the families criminal records as i bet this is one of those criminal families that the cops are always getting called on.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Anyone want to bet the family will still get a multi million dollar payout from the Dollar Store?

Well I hope the shooter counter-sues for the mental anguish of having shot the armed robber (which is entirely the armed robber's doing.)

That said, the sensible thing in these situations is to give them what they want and let the police write the report up so the $42B corporation can collect the loss from the insurance company. Its far more likely that everyone in the store avoids getting shot that way.

THAT said, I didn't see the behavior of the guy - he may have seemed to be on the brink of putting bullets in folks and the clerk had a clean shot. If nothing else, this ought to make a few other idiots think twice.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nothin

Perhaps they will offer the family, a coupon for one dollar off of anything, at the dollar store ?

What kind of a gun can a clerk at the dollar store afford ?
Also: Was the clerk using a Dollarama special ?

I mean...a gun only costs about one car payment, so pretty much anyone with a job who knows how to manage their finances can afford a gun.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 03:36 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I'm not saying the guy was wrong to defend his life. I wasn't there, so I can hardly judge him for it.

Similar circumstance, I might do the very same thing. I've been in similar, and had to defend my self from being, if not killed, certainly badly hurt, so I hurt him first, even though he did draw blood.

But anyone who is going to do what this gentleman did? They need to realize, there's no halfway, it's come to kill or be killed.

...and you've got to look in the mirror the next day, and live with it. I've never killed any one, don't want to, but I've heard the nightmares of people who have, not something I'd willing choose to do--only as a very last resort.

That's an escalation of Brobdingnagian proportions.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Sadly this is how some are raised and the bad. Behavior is pampered to.

Walmart was trying a policy of just looking the other way to minor theft.

When that news spread. Some take advantage.

Some are raised to go all put while young because they are just minors.

Going to jail is a rite of passage

Need money. There should be policy that all employees just hand over the money.

Now liberals will love that idea, but many would take advantage and get upset that people are intervening in their robberies

Thanks libs

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Bloodworth
Jump down off your partisan horse, has nothing to do with libs
It's about not having shootouts in crowded stores!!

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Bloodworth

Need money. There should be policy that all employees just hand over the money.

Rather than get shot, stabbed, or beaten half to death, or to death?? Yeah, I'd say that's a fairly good idea. Wouldn't you???

Now liberals will love that idea, but many would take advantage and get upset that people are intervening in their robberies

Love the idea? Get over yourself. That is, in many places, corporate policy. Liberal thought has nothing to do with it. Fear of lawsuits, on the other hand, does.

Many business, such as grocery stores and convenience stores have a very limited amount of cash in the till. Usually a couple hundred dollars, at most. I'm not about to risk getting killed, or hurt, over a couple hundred dollars. Or even a few thousand, in the case of bank tellers.

This isn't a "liberal" talkin'. I'm a middle of the road, slightly right of center individual--as many here certainly can attest to.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
That's an escalation of Brobdingnagian proportions.

Brobdingnagian adjective
marked by tremendous size

Word of the day calendar? I actually had to look that one up.

Look, I can't disagree with you because you're speaking from where your heart is and that's going to be unique to every individual. I don't know that such a thing would bother me that much, but I've never been in that position so who knows? I have a very utilitarian view on life...

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Did it make me sound smartified??

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Did it make me sound smartified??

It would have delighted Tony... what am I saying, it almost certainly did delight him (I assume Heaven has WiFi...).

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Yeah, he would have loved it!! Did love it!

God, I miss him.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 08:02 PM
link   
What if stores set up a two stage exit with bullet proof doors.
Give the robber the money, let him exit the first set of doors, then press a button that locks him up in box until the police arrive. I think that just might work.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 08:09 PM
link   
"Live by the sword, die by the sword."

Look Ma, I used some primitive hebrew guy, whose ether a carpenter or a king, an is supposed to be anti semite apparently, who look like a hippy but is every C onseratvies God, or a Republicans nightmare, relevant to modern culture.

LOOK AT IT!
edit on 17-10-2019 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-10-2019 by Specimen88 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join