It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Family outraged that armed robber brother was shot trying to rob Dollar Store

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 01:39 PM
link   
www.lawenforcementtoday.com...

Basically the story is this, guy goes in to rob Dollar Store (btw. who robs the dollar store???? Well my mom said the dollar store has a lot more money than people realize, ok whatever. So armed robber goes in, and he is met by an equally armed clerk, who defended himself, his coworkers, and everyone in that store, legally! end of story!

So what does the family think? You can't even make this stuff up.

“He’s got some responsibility, but not all. [Right is] right and wrong is wrong. That was wrong for that clerk to shoot my brother in the chest. Yes, he’s robbing them. OH, WELL (emphasis by the speaker)! Call the police, that’s what you’re supposed to do. You’re not supposed to take matters into your own hands.”

It's a sad day when there are a lot of people that really believe this. Forget that robber, and forget the police, only you are responsible for your own safety! By the time the police got there the clerk and several others could have been dead. The clerk is one thing only, a hero!
I don't necessarily think people that steal food should die, but I think once you bring a weapon into the equation, it's a different story.

+13 more 
posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

A lot of times, when someone is trashy enough to rob someone... Don't be surprised when the family cry victim.

Nature vs nurture, and wherever you stand on that, he got both from the same people crying foul.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 01:45 PM
link   
sadly, this is the mentality that resorts to armed robbery, and expects a cordial result.

It's just a failure of the education system. Newton's laws and all. That smart guy in the corner sleeping knows what I'm saying.

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

A lot of times, when someone is trashy enough to rob someone... Don't be surprised when the family cry victim.

Nature vs nurture, and wherever you stand on that, he got both from the same people crying foul.

Call the police, that’s what you’re supposed to do. You’re not supposed to take matters into your own hands.”

this part just kills me!
If I were there I would have said - Get a job instead of robbing, that's what you're supposed to do!

+22 more 
posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Never give up your guns USA

+11 more 
posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 01:50 PM
link   

LOL... somebody mad because an action that actually reduces crime and has a proven track record of deterring crime (not to mention a stellar 0% recidivism rate!) was taken. This should honestly become the new normal again... thug tries to rob individual or store, thug takes a ride carried by 6 to a hole in the ground, thug isn't a problem ever again and the cycle ultimately is stopped.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 01:50 PM
link   
This is the mindset of someone that is raised to rob others. They honestly think they "deserve" the money that they take/extort and justify the means to get there. They EXPECT the victim to roll over, and EXPECT the call police. Thence giving them the upper hand for many minutes so they can get the money and leave before the police arrive.

Shameful, actually.

edit on 10/16/2019 by Krakatoa because: fixed spelling errors

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 01:51 PM
link   

This story hits home with me. My mom just lost a friend this week that owned a small store.
She was stabbed to death, sadly for a few bucks :*(

The entire time I could only think, if she only had a gun to defend herself.

newsmaven.io...

edit on 16-10-2019 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 01:52 PM
link   

To quote R. Lee Ermey in regards the store owner allowing robbers to just enter his store and try to steal, 'If it wasn't for dickheads like you there wouldn't be any thieves in the world'.

This is sarcasm by the way.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 01:53 PM
link   

this part just kills me! If I were there I would have said - Get a job instead of robbing, that's what you're supposed to do!

Not to mention you're threatening someone low on the totem pole.

Just another person just trying to get by, yet you feel so entitled to money you think you can threaten them.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 01:55 PM
link   

LMAO, god damn this story is hilarious.... This family is truly something special.

What I would have said back is "play stupid games, win stupid prizes..."

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 01:55 PM
link   

officers are looking into the evidence that Rappley may have been involved in several toehr commercial robberies

NO!!! Color me shocked! You mean this little angel hadn't only soiled his wings this one time?

Like I said, we need a lot more of this in this nation. A couple years of growing pangs to ensure a much brighter, safer future.
edit on 16-10-2019 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: jhn7537

LMAO, god damn this story is hilarious.... This family is truly something special.

What I would have said back is "play stupid games, win stupid prizes..."

That’s what I think too, hilarious, funny and comedic.
I like hearing stories like this about heros who protect themselves and their workmates from losers like that loser who (ha ha haaaaa) got shot in the chest and died.

Ha ha haaaa

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I think the families of criminals count on police being called in to arrest them if something goes wrong. That way they can blame police for police brutality ,if they decide to resist arrest or try to escape.

edit on 16-10-2019 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Anyone want to bet the family will still get a multi million dollar payout from the Dollar Store?

Which They absolutely do not deserve!!

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: ATruGod
Anyone want to bet the family will still get a multi million dollar payout from the Dollar Store?

Which They absolutely do not deserve!!

Just the thought of that hurts my stomach, God I hope not!

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Why do we never hear about a guy being shot by a clerk while asking for a job application?

I have no sympathy for anyone killed while committing a felony.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Rob someone with a gun and get shot. It is ALL your fault
OH WELL

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Microphone sounds Clean up on isle 4

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

LOL... somebody mad because an action that actually reduces crime and has a proven track record of deterring crime (not to mention a stellar 0% recidivism rate!) was taken. This should honestly become the new normal again... thug tries to rob individual or store, thug takes a ride carried by 6 to a hole in the ground, thug isn't a problem ever again and the cycle ultimately is stopped.

Good lord, if that was to catch on, can you imagine the income gathering problems some would have, knowing that they might be met with an equal force during the robbery? Gasp, those folks might have to get.......jobs. Oh, I felt dirty just saying that.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join