It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this the future you wish for?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

INTEL runs the show. See Tom Steyer.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

Well, that's Trump screwed then unless the intel is in Sharpie on the inside a Big Mac wrapper.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 09:16 AM
link   

But what is happening here? It sure looks like Precedents are being set. Like this is how the future will look. I already know the right is angry about this, and they don't like it. But with all things, a tiny bit of vision is important. What will the future look like? A 2024 President Pete Butigege, with a republican house and senate. Remember, currently the senate isn't a democratic stronghold. But in the future, it might just be this way. And as the democrats have shown, the road to removing the guy you don't like is easy. And with control of both houses, it's not just an impeachment, but a removal from office. What for? For Being Pete.

Good lord you are completely lost. If a Democratic president "just being him" is breaking the law and violating the constitution while acting like blowhard POS I hope the Republicans do everything they can to throw him out of office.

And the thing is, the majority of Democrats agree with me. You're projecting when you imagine that Democrats are wrapped up in the same kind of cult of personality that you have for Republican politicians.
edit on 16-10-2019 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Might be worth a try.

yep
continue throwing feces against the wall and see if some sticks
good plan

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 09:23 AM
link   

You are so melodramatic and uneducated. What exactly has taken place in the impeachment inquiry that is so out of the ordinary? They haven’t taken a vote? So what, nothing in the constitution says anything requiring them to have a vote. Call me when they pass articles of impeachment without a vote but you know that won’t happen.

Where was your concern when they did not have a vote to begin the Benghazi investigation? Where was your concern about “secret investigations” when everyone of the 103 witnesses not named Hillary Clinton called to testify in the Benghazi investigation did so in private? Most of the freaking Watergate testimonies took place behind closed doors.

It shall be unlawful for a person to solicit, accept, or receive a contribution or donation from a foreign national.

link

It is against the law just to ask. Trump did it on the phone call and again on the White House lawn when he asked for both Ukraine and China to investigate Biden. His only defense is “I was joking”. So yes, the crime is real. It could be more than this, it could involve a quid pro quo, but we don’t know yet. What we do know is Trump has already broken the law.

Are you truly this ignorant or is this just an attempt at gaslighting? I thought this place was all about denying ignorance?

I’m a conservative. I voted for Trump. I have however realized the error of my ways. I don’t agree with many Democratic policies but Trump doesn’t support my conservative values either.

edit on 16-10-2019 by Gorgonite because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

The problem your statement presents, is that you're letting the media tell you what to think.

Protest that all you want, but you're parroting their talking points. When the facts and the laws plainly prove it's BS.

So continue your Reeeing, faux outrage and regurgitated propaganda and we'll continue to ignore you.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Gorgonite

So you guys are doubling down on your take that it's wrong to investigate corruption?

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 09:30 AM
link   

I would imagine...in the future...every Presidential candidate for either party will select the absolute WORST, nightmare person for the other party possible, as their VP.
edit on 16-10-2019 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gorgonite

It shall be unlawful for a person to solicit, accept, or receive a contribution or donation from a foreign national.

link

It is against the law just to ask. Trump did it on the phone call and again on the White House lawn when he asked for both Ukraine and China to investigate Biden.

So the President can't ask a foreign government to investigate possible corruption that took place in that foreign government's country if the person to be investigated is running against them. Got it.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Reinstate Smith Mundt and most of the nonsense we see today will evaporate.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Install a set of gallows on the steps of The Capitol Building and all of the nonsense would stop.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Install a set of gallows on the steps of The Capitol Building and all of the nonsense would stop.

Likely...but we'd first need to make sure it wasn't a D or an R that had their hand on the lever.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Checks and balances are a good thing.
That is what is happening here whether you like or agree with it or not.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope
What kind of crime or unlawful action did Nixon do?

I mean, they could just copy that and call it a day. I am quite sure Trump did the same thing, but worse, and more often, and lied about it, too.

Might be worth a try.

On the other hand, Nixon decided to resign on his own.
And I do not see Donald to do the same, he just cannot. On whatever reason, he cannot.

Prior to having an impeachment vote, the committee doing the investigation found:

"GENERAL PLAN AND POLICY. After the committee hearings, Mr. Nixon admitted that on June 23, 1972, he had instructed Mr. Haldeman to stop the Federal Bureau Investigation inquiry into the sources of funds for the Watergate burglars (the funds had come from campaign contributions). The President said his aides, to thwart the F.B.I., should use the excuse that the investigation would endanger operations of the Central Intelligence Agency. Despite C.I.A. assurances that this was not so, the aides pursued that course and succeeded on June 28 in stopping the F.B.I. effort to trace the money.

The summation of evidence for the committee also cited numerous instances in transcripts of Presidential conversations in which Mr, Nixon had indicated that acquiesced in the cover‐up. To Mr. Mitchell on June 30, 1972: “Well, I'd cut the loss fast. I'd cut it fast.” To John W. Dean 3d, his counsel, on Sept. 15, 1972: “So you just try to button it up as well as you can ...” To Mr. Dean on March 21, 1973: “It's better just to fight it out, and not let people testify, so forth and so on.” To Mr. Michell on March 22, 1973: “I want you all to stonewall it, let them plead the Fifth Amendment, cover‐up or anything else, it'll save it—save the plan.”"

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

The problem your statement presents, is that you're letting the media tell you what to think.

No, I can read the effin law:

"The Federal Election Campaign Act of 1971 (FECA, Pub.L. 92–225, 86 Stat. 3, enacted February 7, 1972, 52 U.S.C. § 30101 et seq.) is the primary United States federal law regulating political campaign spending and fundraising. The law originally focused on increased disclosure of contributions for federal campaigns."

en.wikipedia.org...

I watch the words come out of Trumps mouth on TV. No one is telling me anything. I saw and heard Trump speak!

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 10:28 AM
link   

What is the campaign value of taking out a candidate that is taking his own self out just fine on his own? Or are Democrats being polled now extremely bias against Biden because Trump (the most hated and evil of evils to all Democrats) said something negative about Biden?

Seems to me that Biden could be charged with violations of the RICO Act based on his own admission on camera. Imagine the level of the Reeeee if Ukraine asks for Biden to be extradited to face trial under Ukraine’s justice system?

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 10:38 AM
link   
If only the President had the power to reverse the propaganda that is now allowed to be used.....

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 10:41 AM
link   

We need to get the FISA courts involved and start spying on all the democrat candidates just to be sure.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Oh and you also have to take over the academic process so that most people can't think worth a hill of beans and think this is exactly how it should be.

Do you mean like it is today?

For the most part...

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 10:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

We need to get the FISA courts involved and start spying on all the democrat candidates just to be sure.

at this point 4 years ago that was occurring, was it not?
some low level volunteer, fed fake information from an intelligence operative, to see if he would repeat it to another intelligence operative?
unmask ever us citizen spoken to?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join