It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this the future you wish for?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 08:16 AM
link   
I ask this, as we see a few members of Congress holding secret impeachment hearings, bypassing the normal way of doing things, and working tirelessly on impeaching the President for being Trump. And the big plan is the same. The crime is non existent, so they are trying to get him on Obstruction. First you have to obstruct, then you can be charged with it, but even in clown world, you have to have a crime, before you enact punishment.

But what is happening here? It sure looks like Precedents are being set. Like this is how the future will look. I already know the right is angry about this, and they don't like it. But with all things, a tiny bit of vision is important. What will the future look like? A 2024 President Pete Butigege, with a republican house and senate. Remember, currently the senate isn't a democratic stronghold. But in the future, it might just be this way. And as the democrats have shown, the road to removing the guy you don't like is easy. And with control of both houses, it's not just an impeachment, but a removal from office. What for? For Being Pete.

If you doubt that could happen, I'd like to hear why. What rules are in place to stop that? NONE. If there were rules, the current kerfuffle would not be happening. And we would be seeing bills being written and passed, Drug prices going down, health care being looked at from a "fix it" perspective. Hell, maybe even some legislation to protect both the border and the targets of human trafficking? Naw, all that stuff if back burner. Not at all important, when the task at hand is to remove a duly elected president. The will of the people must be overturned.

I don't expect much conversation about this, as it's fact and not very becoming of the left, and no counter argument exists. But if the Republicans are as nasty, childish, and awful as the left paints them, I shudder to think what they will do with power and a road map that looks like this.

Sleep well lefties, when you wake up, you might wish you hadn't.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I’ve been saying the same thing in a sarcastic way in many threads. But don’t forget we get to install spies in their campaigns before we even reach this step of desperation to undermine our Democratic process.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
I’ve been saying the same thing in a sarcastic way in many threads. But don’t forget we get to install spies in their campaigns before we even reach this step of desperation to undermine our Democratic process.

Oh, I am aware of how this should work. First you make the intel communities work FOR you instead of WITH you. Then you weaponize any branches that fall under you to take out the weak ones. Once you have done all that, you force the media to report as you want them to, much like a propaganda unit for your side. Then it's just a matter of what narrative you wish the people to be engaged in at the moment. Easy like Sunday morning. And apparently completely legal. If it wasn't, the left would have said so.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Oh and you also have to take over the academic process so that most people can't think worth a hill of beans and think this is exactly how it should be.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Yep but 1 important step Trump missed was to prosecute journalists to scare them into a propaganda arm for himself like Obama did.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Yep but 1 important step Trump missed was to prosecute journalists to scare them into a propaganda arm for himself like Obama did.

I think Trump is weak on that front. He isn't quite the "gansta" he is portrayed as. More offence President Trump, less defense.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Yes. We must have checks and balances. If there is corruption on either party, and someone breaks the law, they MUST be held accountable. No one is above the law. The idea the president is above the law is not what the founding fathers intended. We do not have a King in this country.

And I'm begging Republicans to do the same. If Democrats are corrupt indicted the effers for breaking the public trust.

My hope is Republicans STOP putting their party before country and start upholding the rule of law and Constitution. If Trump is truly innocent, which is unlikely since he incriminated himself several times on TV, then he will be shown to be innocent from testimonies under oath and threat of jail-time from perjury. Everything in the media is mud-slinging hook-lines for getting better ratings. Ratings equals money. An impeachment hearing is the only way to get to the truth. Let the chips fall were they may.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Which journalist was prosecuted under Obama?

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Oh and you also have to take over the academic process so that most people can't think worth a hill of beans and think this is exactly how it should be.

They've already done that.

Just sayin'.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

You know what the majority of the country would like?

An impeachment vote so Trump can have due process like every other citizen should in this country. What’s going on now, is equivalent to cops planting drugs in your vehicle and you don’t get to defend yourself while only the prosecuting team are the only ones who can present evidence to have you prosecuted.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 08:41 AM
link   

but what you fail in epic proportions to see is that nothing needs to change. Since the left has made these rules, and decided this is the new norm, it's the new norm. If some 1st term freshman democrat is charged with something, then given a few beach houses, will that be justice? Naw, I think the ball is already well up to speed rolling down this hill.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 08:42 AM
link   

As for Obama’s record, here’s what history will show: In his eight years in office, the Obama Justice Department spearheaded eight Espionage Act prosecutions, more than all US administrations combined. Journalists were also caught in the crosshairs: Investigators sought phone records for Associated Press journalists, threatened to jail an investigative reporter for The New York Times, and named a Fox News reporter a co-conspirator in a leak case. In Texas, a journalist investigating private defense contractors became the focus of a federal prosecution and was initially charged for sharing a hyperlink containing hacked information that had already been made public.

Those Espionage Act cases included the trial of Chelsea Manning, who was held in solitary confinement for nearly one year prior to her military trial, prompting a condemnation from the UN special rapporteur on torture. “The absolute twisted passion with which the administration under Obama’s leadership has pursued whistleblowers is just appalling,” says Norman Solomon, executive director of the Institute for Public Accuracy and co-founder of RootsAction.org. “And as far as I can tell, the administration is unrepentant in that process. There’s just no other administration that comes close.”
a reply to: dfnj2015 Obama Legacy

More: Than any other President...

edit on 5844Wednesday201913 by silo13 because: add link

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

NY Times

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 08:43 AM
link   

You know what the majority of the country would like?

An impeachment vote so Trump can have due process like every other citizen should in this country. What’s going on now, is equivalent to cops planting drugs in your vehicle and you don’t get to defend yourself while only the prosecuting team are the only ones who can present evidence to have you prosecuted.

I had Dave Chappell's voice in my head, saying "just sprinkle some crack on him and let's get a doughnut".

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 08:47 AM
link   

So you don't support the rule of law. I disagree with your position.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 08:51 AM
link   

NY Times

I stand corrected. I was wrong. Apparently Obama was a douche-bag to Fox news:

www.factcheck.org...

I not sure where the line needs to be drawn for people being prosecuted for leaking information to the press about our government. Maybe no piece of information should be considered to be secret. In corporate computer security you just assume the criminals know your algorithms for security. What keeps you safe is key management and strength of passwords. Maybe government needs to be more transparent.

But as I said, I stand corrected. Trump is not doing anything Obama did not do with Fox News.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 08:52 AM
link   

He’s just announcing what the left have been doing for 3 years now. So you admit what the Democrats are doing is indeed unethical and immoral?
edit on 16-10-2019 by Middleoftheroad because: Typo

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 08:52 AM
link   

what law? what part of what is currently happening is illegal? Remember, the Democrats are in charge of this impeachment "whatever it is". If they are doing something wrong, speak up. Nobody seems to care what the right has to say.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
Sleep well lefties, when you wake up, you might wish you hadn't.

I sleep very well.

Trump clearly broke federal election laws with his quid pro quo leveraging of the Ukraine. Trump broke the law. He broke his oath to uphold the Constitution.

I have said many times I would prefer Pence over Trump. At least with Trump we have a social liberal. However, the rule of law takes precedence over preventing a social conservative become president.

"Today, Common Cause filed a complaint with the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) and the Federal Election Commission (FEC) alleging that President Donald Trump, his personal attorney Rudy Giuliani, and other political operatives illegally solicited a political contribution from a foreign national—by urging Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky and other Ukrainian officials to investigate Hunter Biden and 2020 presidential candidate Joe Biden. The allegations were first published in The Wall Street Journal, and subsequently President Trump admitted that during a July 25th phone call he pressured President Zelensky to pursue the investigation of his political rival and his son.

Federal law prohibits a foreign national from directly or indirectly making a “contribution or donation of money or other thing of value” in connection with a U.S. election. Federal law also prohibits a person from soliciting or providing substantial assistance in the solicitation of such a contribution from a foreign national. Federal law defines “contribution” to include “any gift … of money or anything of value made by any person for the purpose of influencing any election for Federal office.” And the FEC by regulation defines “solicit” to mean “to ask, request, or recommend, explicitly or implicitly, that another person make a contribution, donation, transfer of funds, or otherwise provide anything of value.”"

DOJ & FEC Complaints Filed Against President Trump, Rudy Giuliani and Others for Illegal Solicitation of Contribution from Ukrainian President

It seems to me Trump broke the law in my opinion.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 09:04 AM
link   
What kind of crime or unlawful action did Nixon do?

I mean, they could just copy that and call it a day. I am quite sure Trump did the same thing, but worse, and more often, and lied about it, too.

Might be worth a try.

On the other hand, Nixon decided to resign on his own.
And I do not see Donald to do the same, he just cannot. On whatever reason, he cannot.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join