It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bernie Sanders Home Run Rant Last Night in The Presenditial Debate!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Jesus Bernie way to go Grampa! Rumors in the bard yard said that since 3 / 4 members of the Squad announced their support for Bernie as President 2020 that several pallets of Energy Drinks were sent to his home. Looks like he had a few didn't it especially when the question of Billionaires came up. Yes its on CNN but its free and you can watch it here:

Bernie Sanders Billionaire Rant

During the Democratic presidential debate, Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT) and billionaire businessman Tom Steyer discuss their plans for closing the wealth gap.Text

I really don't care for the other guy as too much of an easy life financially like that Epstein guy.

Tom Steyer shouldn’t be running for president

+19 more 
posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

Bernie - Hi I'm a millionaire
Tom - And I'm a billionaire

Together we're gonna show you our plan that makes rich people like us less rich! That's right, folks!, we're gonna do this because we don't like money and we want all of you to have it! All you have to do is elect me and I'll show you allllll the details.

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 07:50 AM
link   

I wish I could trust Sanders, but I no longer feel I can.

One thing I can't stand from the right is their stubborn refusal to even acknowledge there's any issue with the widening wealth gap. Just calling everyone whiners and are doing everything they can to protect the status quo.

Tho complete refusal to tackle or even acknowledge this issue is one of the biggest turn off for me from the right. Is the main reason I wish the left would pull their head out of their ass and get their act together. At the moment they are completely nuts and can't be voted for. At the same time, the right will NEVER give a # about the wealth gap, so #ed either way.
edit on 10/16/2019 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 07:51 AM
link   
How does one hit a home run? Is it how they tell the lie, or the amount they tell?

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Ok, that's true for anyone in politics of any standing. You telling me it's time to take up arms and rebel, because there's no other way to fix the absurd wealth gap issue?

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove

I wish I could trust Sanders, but I no longer feel I can.

One thing I can't stand from the right is their stubborn refusal to even acknowledge there's any issue with the widening wealth gap. Just calling everyone whiners and are doing everything they can to protect the status quo.

Tho complete refusal to tackle or even acknowledge this issue is one of the biggest turn off for me from the right. Is the main reason I wish the left would pull their head out of their ass and get their act together. At the moment they are completely nuts and can't be voted for. At the same time, the right will NEVER give a # about the wealth gap, so #ed either way.

The only way to correct the "wealth gap" is to steal the money from the rich. If I become very wealthy one day by working hard and making the right decisions, I don't think I'd be happy if people wanted to steal from me when they did nothing to earn it.

Rich people are rich because they invest their money into other things that will make them money. A new iphone every year, the latest pair of nikes or a 72 inch tv in the back of your 75,000$ suv isn't a sound investment.

The only way to fix wealth inequality is to promote innovation, not another generation of wage slaves.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Let me guess their plan is to raise the corporate tax rate “to tighten the wealth gap”. Problem is it also destroys middle class jobs like it did before. Leave it to a old crusty senator that hasn’t done # for the country in their 40 years of sucking the country dry to try and recycle old non working policy.
edit on 16-10-2019 by Middleoftheroad because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: eXia7

The only robbery going on is by the rich from the poor. We are used and taken advantage of. People need food and shelter, they have no choice but to work. The rich take advantage of that need. I'm so sick of the stealing from the rich accusation. It's not, it reclaiming our fair due. A very different thing.

Is also absurd to base wage on innovation when the skill of innovating is something 90% of the population lacks.
edit on 10/16/2019 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 08:09 AM
link   

The only robbery going on is by the rich from the poor. We are used and taken advantage of. People need food and shelter, they have no choice but to work. The rich take advantage of that need. I'm so sick of the stealing from the rich accusation. It's not, it reclaiming our fair due. A very different thing.

This is all understandable, but you are fighting against multi generational millionaires and billionaires, they have had decades to accumulate wealth.. Once you hit a critical mass of assets, then all those assets do is basically give you unearned income.

Everyday people are millionaires from making the right choices. Money is a tool, not an asset. If you need more money then you should be innovative.. start a business, buy an existing business, invest your money into the market, bonds, real estate.. you know, actual assets.

ETA: If you can meet the market's needs then you will make a lot of money
edit on 10/16/2019 by eXia7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: TheGreatWork

ET, you must land on earth and live among people of the USA. Other wise you are just lost in space and would not understand.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Ummm...dayam...the old Bern...must have had his defibrillator on supercharge...

No wonder his hair always looks like he's Nicola Tesla's assistant...or a refugee from a balloon factory...

I can hear Nicola now..."Here Bernster...just hold this"...

Dad gum old coot...he should know that..."Ya caint git theya from heya"...

YouSir

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

I just wanted to write something positive about him. His rant was excellent. Entertainment to the extreme.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

I think he had an red bull energy drink along with the little blue pill or a 'purple pill. Rumors were he was chasing Nancy P around after the debate

edit on 16-10-2019 by Waterglass because: typos

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Why do people need more wealth. The gap is wide no question about it but why do people with less income need more in general given to them. Are they starving to death, without electricity, without plumbing, massive unemployment.

By and large that is not what is going on. They just want stuff without doing anything to earn it. I could bend some on healthcare, that is a problem for most people, even upper middle class. But free (it's not free) college, loan forgiveness, a monthly check for doing nothing. No. There is nothing good that can develop giving to those that did not earn it because they will never say, oh thanks, that's plenty enough, no more needed. They will just want more and more. It will never be enough. And the more people are not required to earn something, they then feel they are entitled to it which they are not. It's wrong. They become lazy, depressed because there is less value in their life. More of a relationship with a mailbox and checking account than with society, providing a need or service to others.

edit on 16-10-2019 by Stupidsecrets because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-10-2019 by Stupidsecrets because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 08:20 AM
link   

One thing I can't stand from the right is their stubborn refusal to even acknowledge there's any issue with the widening wealth gap.

Ummm...Quoth...the multi-millionaire and the billionaire...

SMEffingH…

Only an idiot would believe that sack of desiccant they're peddling...held any water...

YouSir

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass

I think he had an red bull energy drink along with the little blue pill or a 'purple pill. Rumors were he was chasing Nancy P around after the debate

Ummm...D'oh…

That left a nasty taste...

In his mouth...

YouSir

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: eXia7

This is all understandable, but you are fighting against multi generational millionaires and billionaires, they have had decades to accumulate wealth.. Once you hit a critical mass of assets, then all those assets do is basically give you unearned income.

Everyday people are millionaires from making the right choices. Money is a tool, not an asset. If you need more money then you should be innovative.. start a business, buy an existing business, invest your money into the market, bonds, real estate.. you know, actual assets.

So your saying to become rich, you have to play the game in an immoral fiat system? What are the moral people suppose to do to become rich? Along the line, you have to play ball with banks and other evil institutions and aspects of the game system to come out ahead. If you run a small business and the goods come from slave labor, are you are somehow moral because you started a business, and the means of how it operates does not matter? You know by playing markets, with fake money, your keeping the evil going right?

Now I am not complaining, I am comfortable, not rich. I just do not see a true "moral" way to make that kind of money, without it indirectly passing through the same immoral channels.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheGreatWork

originally posted by: eXia7

So your saying to become rich, you have to play the game in an immoral fiat system? What are the moral people suppose to do to become rich? Along the line, you have to play ball with banks and other evil institutions and aspects of the game system to come out ahead. If you run a small business and the goods come from slave labor, are you are somehow moral because you started a business, and the means of how it operates does not matter? You know by playing markets, with fake money, your keeping the evil going right?

Now I am not complaining, I am comfortable, not rich. I just do not see a true "moral" way to make that kind of money, without it indirectly passing through the same immoral channels.

Well, are you immoral for capitalizing off the "system"?

Money is a tool. If people choose to work for somebody then that means they have set their worth at the value somebody places on it. If you choose to work a minimum wage job all of your life you can't blame the company you work for.. you agreed to work there for that wage. The internet is full of innovative solutions on how to earn income and how to invest it..

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 08:47 AM
link   

However, it lit him up. My thread isn't about him being a phony or disingenuous its just that I liked what he actually said and he had spit flowing from his mouth.

He is part of the Washington elite dinner crowd. There should be maximum term limits on Congressman also. Bernie is a do as I say not as I do communist guy.

In addition to the books are his government pay and pension accounts. Sanders has collected a six-figure annual salary since he joined Congress in 1991, some of which he and his wife (who herself commanded hefty pay as head of now-defunct Burlington College) plowed into personal real estate. Then there are his pensions, which are based on income and years of service. With 28 years in office and a current salary of $174,000, Sanders is entitled to around $73,000 a year from the federal government for the rest of his life. If he were to sell that guaranteed income stream for a lump-sum pile of cash, Forbes figures he could get around $650,000 for it.Text

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 08:50 AM
link   

There were debates?

LOL

No one cares, that's how bad the candidates are.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join