It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Don’t Fall For Manipulated Google Search Results

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Imagine if you found out intelligence agencies around the world use this process to create entire populations of fake people on different social media platforms. So they can manipulate and influence..

This new social media world fascinates me.. scrolling twitter - especially in the political sections one thing that always stands out to me are the profile pics of the twitterers..

they all glow like they're a stock photo..

I'm guessing twitter, facebook, instagram are saturated with fake profiles... a % far higher than people can imagine. There are 'algorithms' or scripts or bots or what ever that utilises AI based on human social media reactions.. these asb's are programmed to flood a viewpoint when ever something is triggered.

edit on 16/10/19 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 04:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Kinda make you wonder if anything is real anymore.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Well, at the end of the day these big corporations thrive on user numbers.

Personally, I gave up on Google years ago and use other search engines. I don't bother with Twitter, FaceBook and all that. Nothing against other people using these services if they want to give away their data.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 05:05 AM
link   
I read somewhere (for the life of me can't recall where, may even have been here somewhere) that 70% of the internet traffic we are exposed to is spyware/bots/algorithms

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Have an interview with Patrick Bergy in another thread here. He is a current whistle blower who helped build and used some of the systems being used against the public. There are others as well that paints a wilderness picture to all these competing forces. Are humans smart enough to work it out or will the machines take over?

Those with the resources and technology do have a big advantage in managing public perceptions.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 10:42 AM
link   
I said it in another thread but no western search engines give you normal results. If you want results like in the early 2000 you have to go with YANDEX, a Russian search engine. Very refreshing. Results actually from posts in forums etc and many images. All other search engines are compromised, even Duck Duck Go or Startpage. yeah, they say you are incognito but their results are still #e.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hecate666
I said it in another thread but no western search engines give you normal results. If you want results like in the early 2000 you have to go with YANDEX, a Russian search engine. Very refreshing. Results actually from posts in forums etc and many images. All other search engines are compromised, even Duck Duck Go or Startpage. yeah, they say you are incognito but their results are still #e.

Probably because most of them are just acting as a proxy for Google search, not providing their own results.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Don’t have to wonder. Nothing is.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 09:40 PM
link   

I've Fallen , but I just Got Up ..........)

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

Yeah , like Bigfoot and Free Stuff .

new topics

top topics

join