It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Willfull Ignorance of Believing Trump: Occam's Razor Edition

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Maroboduus

www.politico.com...

Several former federal prosecutors said Wednesday that Trump’s team does have reason to celebrate. “A motion to unseal documents in a high-profile case such as this one strongly suggests that the matter has concluded,” said Gene Rossi, a former assistant U.S. attorney from Virginia. “If the converse, the documents would have been protected at all costs for investigative purposes. The government does not like to show its cards in an ongoing matter.”
what about the sdny again? same crap we heard about the multi year muller investigation that ended with a big fat nothing burger

me.me... and a token meme on why a good deal of republicans are mostly pleased with him and with the democratic platform being tax tax tax ,open borders ,take guns ,health care for illegals you better buckle up buttercup its gonna be rough 5 more years

Virtually every major candidate has a proposal that would cost a trillion dollars or more, and even those positioning themselves as moderates, like Pete Buttigieg, have multiple trillion-dollar plans.It increasingly looks like an arms race in which case a proposal needs a 13-digit price tag to appear bold and plans costing mere billions risk being taken as not serious. Both Kamala Harris and Julián Castro have $10 trillion plans to address climate change. Elizabeth Warren would spend about $1.9 trillion to address college tuition costs. Cory Booker proposes spending $2.5 trillion to expand tax credits for the poor. Story Continued Below Republicans aren't so pure on this issue either. The 2017 tax cut cost $1.5 trillion, propelling the deficit beyond the trillion-dollar mark this year. It’s a big change from not that long ago, when politicians ran from the T-word — one reason why Obama’s stimulus package clocked in at $787 billion was because lawmakers didn’t want to cross the trillion-dollar threshold. “People don’t seem scared at all now — in fact, it’s the opposite,” said Marc Goldwein, senior vice president and senior policy director for the Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget. “It’s a race to see who can one-up each other with the bigger plan.”
even included the part where trump added to the deficit to be honest but look at what the dems wanna do

www.politico.com...

Yet Pelosi and other top Democrats couldn't come to an agreement among themselves during internal discussions on Tuesday over whether to move forward with the vote, which would mark an escalation of their impeachment battle with Trump. Vulnerable House Democrats from swing districts were also largely opposed, with some lawmakers fearing that the American public would confuse a vote authorizing an impeachment inquiry as actually impeaching Trump. Inside the leadership, Hoyer and House Majority Whip Jim Clyburn (D-S.C.). were opposed to the vote, as were Judiciary Committee Chairman Jerry Nadler (D-N.Y.) and Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff (D-Calif.), two key players in the impeachment drama, said several Democratic aides. Pelosi privately told other Democrats she was "agnostic" on the issue, said a Democratic aide. During Tuesday's meeting, Pelosi told her colleagues that she "only has license this caucus gives me," meaning she wouldn't pressure her rank-and-file to hold the vote. House Democratic leaders also quietly reached out to the most vulnerable members of their caucus to gauge whether they would support a formal vote to authorize an impeachment inquiry against Trump, according to multiple Democratic aides. The response was "pretty strongly no," said an aide close to the issue. The idea has met with anxiety among some of the battleground Democrats, who fear it could distract from the rest of their agenda, according to multiple aides.
for beliving "conspiracy theories"(your on a frigging conspiracy theory site lol) i seem to recall at least 10 members calling this one at various points in the last year or so, but dont worry when he wins 2020 im sure there will be much more talk of peachmints

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nothin

Hi Maro.
Am not taking sides, in the sad polarization, that is afflicting our good American neighbors.

Would just like to ask a question, towards one of the claims in the OP:

On the other side, you have: thousands upon thousands of independent and unrelated journalists, reporters, investigators, etc etc, from all areas of the world and all walks of life and all areas of the political spectrum and working for a vast multitude of different employers and news agencies, who have reported wrongdoing by Trump.

Well: just one aspect of that: the ..."...thousands upon thousands of independent..."... part.

It is a bold claim, no ?

Would you be able to provide us with some names ?
One hundred would be nice, and seems reasonable, considering the claim that there are ..."...thousands upon thousands of independent..."...

Considering the subject: ..."...independent and unrelated journalists, reporters, investigators, etc etc..."...

Could we name even 10 ?
3 ?

PS: Not looking for arguments or any kind of conflict, just critical thinking. Thanks.

He might be back later but right about now he is contacting Cult HQ to tell them talking point #456,799,023 failed miserably like all the others.
They are frantically trying to come up with something else.

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

this i think really sums up the real issue in america each side is so polarized and angry (media been working hard to keep that going plus its what the Russians wanted to achieve with their meme's ) the left is polarized and hates any thing trump wants to do, the right is polarized and is tired of all the names they have been called for the past few years and general constant attacks on their president. id gather the independents are tired of both our sides but have no viable candidate of their own but will be the real deciders in 2020. think you hit the nail on the head bluntone

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: RalagaNarHallas

this i think really sums up the real issue in america each side is so polarized and angry (media been working hard to keep that going plus its what the Russians wanted to achieve with their meme's ) the left is polarized and hates any thing trump wants to do, the right is polarized and is tired of all the names they have been called for the past few years and general constant attacks on their president. id gather the independents are tired of both our sides but have no viable candidate of their own but will be the real deciders in 2020. think you hit the nail on the head bluntone

I think the one thing you didn't touch on is the independents being lumped in with the right with all the name-calling.

The Democratic party did that.

I've been an independent the majority of my adult life politically... voted for both sides based on campaign issues at the time.

Since about 2017 I'd rather be stabbed and left for dead in a ditch then ever put an X mark in a box that had a "D" on the end of the name on a ballot.

Because of what I've been called and how I have been treated by the left.

They have made it quite personal.

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Following the ops logic and interpretation of occams razor, one could equally be a Christian, Muslim and Jewish.

Since the bar was set in thousands, the argument could be made to substantiate Santa, the Easter bunny and tooth fairy.

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Maroboduus
Stop being gullible.

Ironic.

Propaganda works for a reason and mob mentality has existed throughout the history of humanity.

Funny how you seem so certain that his behavior is any different from all of the presidents or politicians before him.

Viewing a glass as half empty versus half full can have powerful political consequences.

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: RalagaNarHallas

I think the one thing you didn't touch on is the independents being lumped in with the right with all the name-calling.

The Democratic party did that.

I've been an independent the majority of my adult life politically... voted for both sides based on campaign issues at the time.

Since about 2017 I'd rather be stabbed and left for dead in a ditch then ever put an X mark in a box that had a "D" on the end of the name on a ballot.

Because of what I've been called and how I have been treated by the left.

They have made it quite personal.

Always considered myself as an independent until Trump. I learned pretty early in life that politicians are liars that rarely deliver on their promises. In my state I had to register as a Republican to vote for Trump in the Primary. So I did.
I still hate both parties, because it takes cooperation between the 2 to get where we are now.

Trump was the torch of LIGHT that shined on the corruption that has been enslaving us for the New World Order that every politician since Jimmy Carter who BTW was a CFR plant to destroy our Republic.

Why hasn't Lindsey Graham who has the authority to call witnesses hasn't done so?

Watch Lindsey! He is the Judas. He is freaking out over the Ukraine business because he was with McCain when they went over there right after Trump won the election!

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 10:13 PM
link   

If people are stupid enough to believe Donald Trump is telling them the truth, chances are they gave up on truth as an objective concept a long time ago.

There isn't any reasoning with these people. I seriously doubt there is one Trump supporter on this entire site who is even capable of not blindly following the party line. They're pretty much indistinguishable from each other. I can't think of one original thought about anything I've ever heard from any of them. Just the same manufactured foolishness over and over again.

And they take pride in it. Lmao.

I say this as someone who grew up around this same kind of dumbass thought process. And I've viewed it from the outside for a long time. The thing about people that are proud of being ignorant is that they never realize their attitude is only making them look stupid.

Their complete lack of self awareness guarantees they will always end up the losers they claim everyone else to be. And that's something they can never escape from.

edit on 15-10-2019 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Opinion, anecdote, criticism.

Talk about unoriginal...

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Read the whole OP. Had a great laugh. But not the kind the OP hoped for.

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

Maro Zoltar the Great Sees All , do not Question Him ! .........)

edit on 15-10-2019 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

I now realize I should have voted for Hillary 😧

I now realize how fast ATS is being degraded.

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Remember, ATS, *that* guy was wrong because everyone around him was saluting. Obviously, they knew something he didn't, and he shoudl re-examine his life choices and morality because of it. I mean, really, that many people can't be wrong, right?

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Remember, ATS, *that* guy was wrong because everyone around him was saluting. Obviously, they knew something he didn't, and he shoudl re-examine his life choices and morality because of it. I mean, really, that many people can't be wrong, right?

Dude would have never made it in today’s leftist militia...

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: MaroboduusOn one side, you have Trump. A man who has been (credibly) tied to a vast multitude of misdeeds, stretching back to far before his Presidency. A man who, in spite of his supposed innocence, is going to incredible lengths to prevent witnesses from testifying against him, which is a very strange thing to do for someone who claims to have done nothing wrong and have nothing to hide. A man who has been accused of sexual assault by over 2 dozen women (that's an awful lot of smoke to assume that there is no fire)(not to mention that he was even caught on video saying that his "strategy" with women is to "grab them by the p***y"). A man who ( Republican) Robert Mueller said had left a significant trail of evidence regarding criminal activity, collusion, etc etc (he just didnt believe in prosecuting a sitting president). A man who numerous intelligence employees and NSC employees and diplomats and WH staffers and so forth, many of them Republican and many of them appointed by Trump himself, have stated was engaging in criminal activity in the White House and/or who say they directly witnessed said wrongdoing. A man who has been caught telling literally hundreds of verifiably false lies over the past 3 years.

We still support Trump because there's not a single true, honest statement in this paragraph you posted...

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Uh...I...uhmn...uh I mean..uh..I.....
.....uh..
...hmm.
Who's on 1rst ?

originally posted by: Oraculi

originally posted by: BlueJacket

Lol? You and the ONLY person to back you up, joined in August or later.

Trolling isnt accepted here, nor are we the mental midgets susceptible to 101 psychology efforts you think we are...

move along

That was my point too. Why even post here?

Nobody has even remotely touched on what he wrote about and it's at two pages of personal attacks, slander and flat out name calling.

There is ZERO civil discourse on ATS at the moment. It appears to me that the whole website is just a breeding ground for radicalization. There is no way to remain neutral or moderate even if you begin that way. The members, and the staff, very quickly force you to pick a side and from that point push and push until a person is so far radicalized to one side or the other, you can't even remember your original values.

I'm beginning to think ATS exists to divide us and radicalize us. If true, posting here only furthers that hidden agenda.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Hey OP...where the hell have you been for say...the last 4 presidents?

3:50maybe?

Lol...spin that key board...

That argument of yours actually could have held ground say...4 plus years ago!

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 01:36 AM
link   

It's easy to understand. Trump's carefully tailored message is an Eff you to both parties. This message is wildly successful.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Human beings have an innate preference to believe that everyone is telling the truth unless the evidence is very, very incontrovertible.

Society would break down if we didn't intrinsically trust first.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 02:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

He might be back later but right about now he is contacting Cult HQ to tell them talking point #456,799,023 failed miserably like all the others.
They are frantically trying to come up with something else.

Might we hope that everyone could come-up with something else ?
You know: something good for all ?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join