It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Willfull Ignorance of Believing Trump: Occam's Razor Edition

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 09:10 PM
link   

HAHAHA Yeah You're right all those reporters couldn't be working together.

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Maroboduus

It would be almost humorous if just half of these hysterical hyperventilating MSM claims against Trump turned out to be true, maybe even 1/4.
Hell just 1 out of the hundreds would be something, but not a single one has turned out for you ridiculous leftists.

Not one.

Every week you guys pull some manufactured outrage out of your butts to try and stick to him and you fail every single time.
You have no credibility. You've cried wolf too many times.

How come we're not screaming about kids in cages anymore? oh that's right, it was BS.

Russia! oops

Nuclear war, gays and black people rounded up and shot in the streets, economy collapsing...and on and on and on.

You have nothing and you are nothing.

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Thousands upon thousands, eh? The level of willful belief in the most corrupt media apparatus in history (and that's saying something) is astounding.

As a guy who worked in media as a reporter and editor until shortly AFTER the 2016 elections, I can tell you with 100-percent certainty that no one should rely on news "reporting" from anyone willing to pull the partisan cord as hard as you have done here. Or from anyone in the major media for that matter as their organizations -- regardless of left or right "bias" are as fake as Pam Anderson's tiddies. (and don't even get me started on Chinese censors deciding what content can appear in your "Avengers" or "Captain America" movies. There was a time when the statue of liberty herself would have spread her legs to avoid those kinds of "stories" getting out.

The above video makes a far more convincing argument than you do. You should probably find another line of work.
edit on 15-10-2019 by 0zzymand0s because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Maroboduus

originally posted by: Lumenari

Your complete and utter lack of self-awareness amuses me.

Quoted for irony.

I got a giggle out of your post too sweety but anything I say to you after this post is just more time wasted.

Have a nice night.

I was going to invite you to give an example of my supposed lack of self-awareness.... but then i recognized your name and realized who i was talking to. Trying to engage you in anything even remotely resembling an intelligent, informed, and/or nuanced conversation would be the very definition of "futile." Whenever i joke with my friends about some of the more ridiculous and uninformed and downright embarrassing corners of ATS, your posts are almost always the ones i show them in order for us to have a good laugh. You have inadvertantly amused quite a few of my friends...

Every deranged cult member I have met, thinks they are the smartest person in the room.
You are no exception.

edit on 15-10-2019 by RazorV66 because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

You appear emotional, angry. Maybe constipated. I don't know.

Have you tried some soothing green tea and leafy greens in your diet?

I and many others will wait patiently for logic to win the day, once you provide some.

Yes, it is much more logical to believe that thousands upon thousands of strangers are engaged in an unfathomably massive conspiracy against Trump than it is to believe that a single man may be lying. That is very logical and intelligent, and you are clearly a very intelligent person with excellent critical thinking skills.

Please, by all means, explain to me how a tenet of logic and critical thought that has stood the test of time and been accepted as a basic truth for centuries, such as Occam's Razor, is actually illogical and meaningless nonsense. Explain to me how it is more logical and intelligent to believe something that requires countless independent moving parts, than it is to believe something that requires one man being dishonest.

You know that there is nothing remotely intelligent or credible you can say in order to poke holes in my argument or make your beliefs sound any less absurd in light of it, so you just resort to some childish nonsense and avoid it altogether. I would expect nothing less from you.

I provide an argument based entirely upon simple logic, and you say you are waiting for me to provide any logic... lol. You know, you dont have to comment if you have nothing intelligent to say. You dont have to embarrass yourself with dumb comments like this. You are allowed to sit some threads out, slugger.

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Okay, lets start slowly, I'm not very smart.

You are saying that the media tells the truth, correct?

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I have rarely seen this level of stupidity in my life.

Well done. That's some next level mental gymnastics.

Just a little hint, omit the subject and the context can apply completely in the opposite slant.

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Oraculi

Well he claims thousands of people are part of a conspiracy, but fails to mention the majority of them take orders from bosses of media companies owned by a number of multinationals that you can count on one hand, that have been co-opted by a deep state propaganda agency known as the global engagement center created in law by the previous administration. This agency has stated goals to influence targeted populations by forging partnerships with academia (universities and professors), NGO's (anti-fa, open societies foundation, gun control groups, etc..), Media (news and journalists) utilizing special operators and agents . Of course the claim is to counter foreign proof. And since the biggest conspiracy of all wS the Russian interference hoax, all of these operations can be directed internally to counter said alleged foreign propoganda.

How is that for addressing the topic?? Oh wait, let me guess, this thread will now die and the author will moveon.org

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Seriously 1st post on this page YES it is more logical to believe that with evidence!!

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Worse yet, he is making the false argument that if you can't prove that there is a coordinated conspiracy against the President in current media, all media reporting on the President is inherently truthful.

I would have had him packing his desk in a box by noon his first day on the job. The arrogance in pretending your argument is "factual" and "rational" when it is clearly the product of outrage clicks and profit mongering for entertainment value is normally reserved for media personalities who think their own dirty laundry will never be aired.

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Okay, lets start slowly, I'm not very smart.

You are saying that the media tells the truth, correct?

So post a crime committed by Trump.

Let's see the jail time.

Actual evidence or anything that has gone to court and he has been found guilty of... ever?

The OP could not answer that.... it was the first reply to his OP.

But yet he and his imaginary friends make fun of me in his mom's basement.

And we are the ignorant ones.

~shakes head~

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Apparently, we aren't very trusting of the MSM. And that's on us.

We're bad and slow because we're skeptical of what the media tells us.

At least that's what I'm getting from the OP.

My "Reee to English" translator is glitchy tonight.

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oraculi

originally posted by: BlueJacket

Lol? You and the ONLY person to back you up, joined in August or later.

Trolling isnt accepted here, nor are we the mental midgets susceptible to 101 psychology efforts you think we are...

move along

That was my point too. Why even post here?

Nobody has even remotely touched on what he wrote about and it's at two pages of personal attacks, slander and flat out name calling.

There is ZERO civil discourse on ATS at the moment. It appears to me that the whole website is just a breeding ground for radicalization. There is no way to remain neutral or moderate even if you begin that way. The members, and the staff, very quickly force you to pick a side and from that point push and push until a person is so far radicalized to one side or the other, you can't even remember your original values.

I'm beginning to think ATS exists to divide us and radicalize us. If true, posting here only furthers that hidden agenda.

I disagree completely; I consider myself to be moderate and have not felt the pressure to be radicalized here at ATS.

Yes their are quite a few passionate partisan and ideological members on this forum, but they certainly do come from both sides. But no, if you have a good grasp on your personal opinions there is no reason why you couldn't have a good time on this wedsight even if you don't lean far left or far right.

The key with civil discourse is that in order to get it you have to first give it. You can't write a 12 paragraph argument explaining why you think other people are gullible and say they lack common sense and critical thinking and expect civil discourse.

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 09:28 PM
link   
"You can't prove there is a coordinated conspiracy against Trump so everything the media says is true!

REEEEEEEEEEEEE!"

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 09:28 PM
link   

a reply to: Lumenari

Apparently, we aren't very trusting of the MSM. And that's on us.

We're bad and slow because we're skeptical of what the media tells us.

At least that's what I'm getting from the OP.

My "Reee to English" translator is glitchy tonight.

Swap to the "Partisan Hack to English" translator.

I've had to do that more often since 2016 to make sense of some posters...

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

So post a crime committed by Trump.

Let's see the jail time.

Actual evidence or anything that has gone to court and he has been found guilty of... ever?

Until then, I'll gladly scroll past your TDS word salad and get to the interesting part of your OP...

The comments.

Innocent until proven guilty is something the left can't get around... although they are really trying right now.

Mob rule and group think. Fshh. Get a clue

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Maroboduus
The amount of support i see on here for Trump, and the sheer gullibility and level of ignorance of most of those who do so, is frankly mind-boggling to me. Put politics and ideologies aside. This isnt even about that. This is about common sense and critical thinking.
Let me break down just one of the most basic and simple reasons that it is unbelievably foolish to believe Trump's claims:

On one side, you have Trump. A man who has been (credibly) tied to a vast multitude of misdeeds, stretching back to far before his Presidency. A man who, in spite of his supposed innocence, is going to incredible lengths to prevent witnesses from testifying against him, which is a very strange thing to do for someone who claims to have done nothing wrong and have nothing to hide. A man who has been accused of sexual assault by over 2 dozen women (that's an awful lot of smoke to assume that there is no fire)(not to mention that he was even caught on video saying that his "strategy" with women is to "grab them by the p***y"). A man who ( Republican) Robert Mueller said had left a significant trail of evidence regarding criminal activity, collusion, etc etc (he just didnt believe in prosecuting a sitting president). A man who numerous intelligence employees and NSC employees and diplomats and WH staffers and so forth, many of them Republican and many of them appointed by Trump himself, have stated was engaging in criminal activity in the White House and/or who say they directly witnessed said wrongdoing. A man who has been caught telling literally hundreds of verifiably false lies over the past 3 years.

On the other side, you have: thousands upon thousands of independent and unrelated journalists, reporters, investigators, etc etc, from all areas of the world and all walks of life and all areas of the political spectrum and working for a vast multitude of different employers and news agencies, who have reported wrongdoing by Trump. You have the aforementioned intelligence employees, NSC employees, diplomats, WH staff, etc etc, who have reported wrongdoing by Trump or claimed to have witnessed wrongdoing by Trump. You have prosecutors and judges in NY. You have the 2 dozen-plus women who have accused him of sexual assault. You have men like Mueller, by virtually all accounts an honest man who was known as a dedicated servant/employee of the US, who explicitly stated that there was ample evidence of wrongdoing by Trump. And so on and so on and so on and so on...

So on one side, you have one man with a vast multitude of credible accusations lodged against him. On the other, you have thousands of investigative journalists and reporters and media members, dozens of women, dozens of US government employees from both sides of the political aisle, etc etc etc.

In order to believe Trump, you have to believe that ALL of those thousands of people, most of them unrelated to each other in any way and independent of each other and separate from each other, are all somehow engaged in some incredibly vast conspiracy against Trump, for some mysterious and idiotic reason.

SO.... what is more likely? Literally thousands of unrelated, independent people all lying about Trump and all engaged in some unfathomably vast conspiracy against him for reasons that no one can credibly explain? Or that the one man on the other side is lying?
Thousands of people all telling the same lie, or one man lying? Which seems more likely to you?

Apply Occam's Razor. This really, really, REALLY should not be difficult to figure out.

-One explanation depends upon an unfathomably vast and complex conspiracy involving people all over the world from all walks of life and all areas of the political spectrum.
-The other depends upon one man lying. ONE MAN. Feel free to take into account that Trump has already been caught telling literally hundreds of verifiably false lies over the past 3 years, if you would like!

Occam's Razor has stood the test of time for a reaaon. If one explanation depends upon a mind-boggling amount of moving parts and an incredibly vast number of people engaging in an incredibly vast conspiracy, and the other explanation depends upon a single man being a liar.... guess which one you would have to be unbelievably foolish to believe? Guess which one any truly unbiased and semi-intelligent person would say is more logical and credible?

One man being a liar, versus countless people engaged in an unfathomably vast conspiracy. Again... this REALLY shouldnt be hard to figure out. Stop being gullible. Stop falling for blatantly transparent con man BS. Start thinking for yourself. Start using critical thought. Stop being willfully stupid. This is exceedingly easy to figure out. Stop being willfully ignorant.

A truth that depends upon an immense amount of unrelated people engaging in a vast conpiracy, versus a truth that depends upon a single man lying. It couldnt be more simple and obvious.

At least he isn’t Hilary

Blame those who let her run against him for the position

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Gee , You got it All Figured Out Eh ? A Legend in your Own Mind I bet too ..........

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Stay ignorant than. Part of ones enlightenment journey is to expose themselves to all viewpoints. Some are valid some are political garbage, some have proven themselves. Good luck with your enlightenment I hope you can find the knowledge you claim.

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Hi Maro.
Am not taking sides, in the sad polarization, that is afflicting our good American neighbors.

Would just like to ask a question, towards one of the claims in the OP:

On the other side, you have: thousands upon thousands of independent and unrelated journalists, reporters, investigators, etc etc, from all areas of the world and all walks of life and all areas of the political spectrum and working for a vast multitude of different employers and news agencies, who have reported wrongdoing by Trump.

Well: just one aspect of that: the ..."...thousands upon thousands of independent..."... part.

It is a bold claim, no ?

Would you be able to provide us with some names ?
One hundred would be nice, and seems reasonable, considering the claim that there are ..."...thousands upon thousands of independent..."...

Considering the subject: ..."...independent and unrelated journalists, reporters, investigators, etc etc..."...

Could we name even 10 ?
3 ?

PS: Not looking for arguments or any kind of conflict, just critical thinking. Thanks.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join