It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Willfull Ignorance of Believing Trump: Occam's Razor Edition

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 08:16 PM
link   
The amount of support i see on here for Trump, and the sheer gullibility and level of ignorance of most of those who do so, is frankly mind-boggling to me. Put politics and ideologies aside. This isnt even about that. This is about common sense and critical thinking.
Let me break down just one of the most basic and simple reasons that it is unbelievably foolish to believe Trump's claims:

On one side, you have Trump. A man who has been (credibly) tied to a vast multitude of misdeeds, stretching back to far before his Presidency. A man who, in spite of his supposed innocence, is going to incredible lengths to prevent witnesses from testifying against him, which is a very strange thing to do for someone who claims to have done nothing wrong and have nothing to hide. A man who has been accused of sexual assault by over 2 dozen women (that's an awful lot of smoke to assume that there is no fire)(not to mention that he was even caught on video saying that his "strategy" with women is to "grab them by the p***y"). A man who ( Republican) Robert Mueller said had left a significant trail of evidence regarding criminal activity, collusion, etc etc (he just didnt believe in prosecuting a sitting president). A man who numerous intelligence employees and NSC employees and diplomats and WH staffers and so forth, many of them Republican and many of them appointed by Trump himself, have stated was engaging in criminal activity in the White House and/or who say they directly witnessed said wrongdoing. A man who has been caught telling literally hundreds of verifiably false lies over the past 3 years.

On the other side, you have: thousands upon thousands of independent and unrelated journalists, reporters, investigators, etc etc, from all areas of the world and all walks of life and all areas of the political spectrum and working for a vast multitude of different employers and news agencies, who have reported wrongdoing by Trump. You have the aforementioned intelligence employees, NSC employees, diplomats, WH staff, etc etc, who have reported wrongdoing by Trump or claimed to have witnessed wrongdoing by Trump. You have prosecutors and judges in NY. You have the 2 dozen-plus women who have accused him of sexual assault. You have men like Mueller, by virtually all accounts an honest man who was known as a dedicated servant/employee of the US, who explicitly stated that there was ample evidence of wrongdoing by Trump. And so on and so on and so on and so on...

So on one side, you have one man with a vast multitude of credible accusations lodged against him. On the other, you have thousands of investigative journalists and reporters and media members, dozens of women, dozens of US government employees from both sides of the political aisle, etc etc etc.

In order to believe Trump, you have to believe that ALL of those thousands of people, most of them unrelated to each other in any way and independent of each other and separate from each other, are all somehow engaged in some incredibly vast conspiracy against Trump, for some mysterious and idiotic reason.

SO.... what is more likely? Literally thousands of unrelated, independent people all lying about Trump and all engaged in some unfathomably vast conspiracy against him for reasons that no one can credibly explain? Or that the one man on the other side is lying?
Thousands of people all telling the same lie, or one man lying? Which seems more likely to you?

Apply Occam's Razor. This really, really, REALLY should not be difficult to figure out.

-One explanation depends upon an unfathomably vast and complex conspiracy involving people all over the world from all walks of life and all areas of the political spectrum.
-The other depends upon one man lying. ONE MAN. Feel free to take into account that Trump has already been caught telling literally hundreds of verifiably false lies over the past 3 years, if you would like!

Occam's Razor has stood the test of time for a reaaon. If one explanation depends upon a mind-boggling amount of moving parts and an incredibly vast number of people engaging in an incredibly vast conspiracy, and the other explanation depends upon a single man being a liar.... guess which one you would have to be unbelievably foolish to believe? Guess which one any truly unbiased and semi-intelligent person would say is more logical and credible?

One man being a liar, versus countless people engaged in an unfathomably vast conspiracy. Again... this REALLY shouldnt be hard to figure out. Stop being gullible. Stop falling for blatantly transparent con man BS. Start thinking for yourself. Start using critical thought. Stop being willfully stupid. This is exceedingly easy to figure out. Stop being willfully ignorant.

A truth that depends upon an immense amount of unrelated people engaging in a vast conpiracy, versus a truth that depends upon a single man lying. It couldnt be more simple and obvious.

edit on 15-10-2019 by Maroboduus because: (no reason given)

+57 more 
posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Maroboduus

So post a crime committed by Trump.

Let's see the jail time.

Actual evidence or anything that has gone to court and he has been found guilty of... ever?

Until then, I'll gladly scroll past your TDS word salad and get to the interesting part of your OP...

The comments.

Innocent until proven guilty is something the left can't get around... although they are really trying right now.

edit on 15-10-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 08:22 PM
link   

I now realize I should have voted for Hillary 😧

+16 more 
posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Just keep yelling to the sky buddy. You still got five years of muh Trump to deal with. So deal with it.

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

Let's see the jail time.

Actual evidence or anything that has gone to court and he has been found guilty of... ever?

Until then, I'll gladly scroll past your TDS word salad and get to the interesting part of your OP...

The comments.

Innocent until proven guilty is something the left can't get around... although they are really trying right now.

She's so right , she could have said it twice.

The democratic party have become the exact monsters they wish to make trump.

Just enjoy the ride.

+34 more 
posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 08:29 PM
link   

I took the time to read your OP.

You owe me 1 minute of my life back.

You are arguing that because the left thinks Trump has to have committed a crime somewhere, then obviously he committed a crime.

A logical failure of staggering proportions and completely un-American.

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Still not Hillary.

+8 more 
posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 08:30 PM
link   

One man being a liar, versus countless people engaged in an unfathomably vast conspiracy. Again... this REALLY shouldnt be hard to figure out. Stop being gullible. Stop falling for blatantly transparent con man BS. Start thinking for yourself. Start using critical thought. Stop being willfully stupid. This is exceedingly easy to figure out. Stop being willfully ignorant.

You should turn this around 180 degrees and apply it to yourself!

Try doing some research ... but you can't! You don't have it in you!

My mind is open ... your mind is in reeee mode!

The reeeee has taken this one.

P

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

Let's see the jail time.

The comments.

You're ignoring the entire point. Feel free to explain to me how it is more reasonable to believe in this incredibly vast conspiracy invloving thousands of people than it is to believe that one single man is lying.
As for the wrongdoing: he is being investigated right now for wrongdoing, doofus. And it sure isnt looking food for him! He absolutely WILL be proven guilty. Hell, the transcript of concrete evidence of wrongdoing. On top of that: He is also being investigated by NY. There are numerous other charges that will come down as soon as he leaves office. Mueller explicitly stated that there was ample evidence to indict Trump on numerous charges.

I would also like to point out how hilarious it is that literally the EXACT SAME people who claim that Hillary is an unquestionable criminal in spite of never being charged with anything, and who argue that it doesnt matter if she was ever charged or convicted because it just shows that she used her money and power to avoid the legal repercussions, then turn around and try to use the "he didnt do anything wrong if there's no charges/convictions, derp derp derp" defense for Trump.
Your complete and utter lack of self-awareness amuses me.

+8 more 
posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Name one law that YOUR president has broke!

Leave your feelings out of it!! NAME ONE!

edit on 15-10-2019 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 08:34 PM
link   

The amount of support i see on here for Trump

I have a question; why are there so many rants started with the complaint that "too many people" support this or that person; or this or that policy.

To what emotion does this common lament spring from?

Is it frustration? Are they frustrated that not everyone one agrees with their point of view?

Is it fear? Are they afraid that the "power in numbers" is against them?

Is it arrogance? How dare so many people hold a different opinion than I do! They all must be stupid; because I couldn't possibly be the one who's wrong.

Is it self righteousness? Do they feel that that are morally superior and must point out the unwashed masses?

edit on 15-10-2019 by DanDanDat because: Spelling

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358

You should turn this around 180 degrees and apply it to yourself!

Try doing some research ... but you can't! You don't have it in you!

My mind is open ... your mind is in reeee mode!

The reeeee has taken this one.

P

Aside from the fact that much of your post is nonsensical gibberish...
I have done ample research. I have done far more research on this than you or any other MAGA disciple on this forum, and i would bet everything that i own on that. I actually look at the facts, rather than just swallowing up everything Trump says like a gullible moron. That's the point.

I will be more than happy to engage in a discussion with you and compare research and evidence. Something tells me you wont take me up on that offer...

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Maroboduus
The amount of support i see on here for Trump, and the sheer gullibility and level of ignorance of most of those who do so, is frankly mind-boggling to me. Put politics and ideologies aside. This isnt even about that. This is about common sense and critical thinking.
Let me break down just one of the most basic and simple reasons that it is unbelievably foolish to believe Trump's claims:

On one side, you have Trump. A man who has been (credibly) tied to a vast multitude of misdeeds, stretching back to far before his Presidency. A man who, in spite of his supposed innocence, is going to incredible lengths to prevent witnesses from testifying against him, which is a very strange thing to do for someone who claims to have done nothing wrong and have nothing to hide. [...]

At least he isn’t Hilary

Blame those who let her run against him for the position
edit on Tue Oct 15 2019 by DontTreadOnMe because: Trim Those Quotes

+10 more 
posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Says:

Put politics and ideologies aside. 

And than proceeds to frame a 12 paragraph argument along partisen and ideological lines.

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat

The amount of support i see on here for Trump

I have a question; why are there so many rants started with the complaint that "too many people" support this or that person; or this or that policy.

To what emotion does this common lament spring from?

Is it frustration? Are they frustrated that not everyone one agrees with their point of view?

Is it fear? Are they afraid that the "power in numbers" are against them?

Is it arrogance? How dare so many people hold a different opinion than I do! They all must be stupid; because I couldn't possibly be the one who's wrong.

Is it self righteousness? Do they feel that that are morally superior and must point out the unwashed masses?

No. It's the fact that over the past 3 years, this supposed Conspiracy/Paranormal website has turned into a glorified MAGA fan site. It's the fact that literally every time i visit this site, the top threads invariably includes multiple threads praising Trump and/or insulting Democrats and liberals. It's the fact that a conspiracy website has become a MAGA website.
Nice tery with the straw man, though.

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Your complete and utter lack of self-awareness amuses me.

Quoted for irony.

I got a giggle out of your post too sweety but anything I say to you after this post is just more time wasted.

Have a nice night.

+13 more 
posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Your first sentence called people that have a different political opinion than you gullible and ignorant.

If you can't make a point without name calling and insults why should anybody listen to a thing you have to say?

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat
Says:

Put politics and ideologies aside. 

And than proceeds to frame a 12 paragraph argument along partisen and ideological lines.

Feel free to point out a single thing in my original comment that is centered on political ideology, genius. Just one. One single thing. I would wait, but i would be waiting for a very long time. Because there isnt anything. Learn to read, and learn to comprehend what you read.

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 08:41 PM
link   

I will be more than happy to engage in a discussion with you and compare research and evidence. Something tells me you wont take me up on that offer...

Go ahead! You first!

Show me one proven crime!

In spite of endless investigations against him, he is still the President and will be for another 5 years.

Show me your research.

My research is here Click me for real reseach

When you get through that ... I have another twenty threads to show you.

P

edit on 15/10/2019 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Your first sentence called people that have a different political opinion than you gullible and ignorant.

If you can't make a point without name calling and insults why should anybody listen to a thing you have to say?

Do you know how long it has been since ive read a thread on here that didnt have at least one comment calling Democrats and liberals and non-Trump supporters idiots, morons, babies, etc etc etc? So let's not be disingenuous and claim that calling someone gullible is suddenly a brifdge too far.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join