It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In your perception, what is the meaning of life, the universe and everything?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Don't panic. It's really not much of a "belief", it's an element from a wildly popular series of novels.

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 02:26 AM
link   
a reply to: DictionaryOfExcuses

LOL. Nothing in my response indicates panic. It's called logic. Logic and panic have very little to do with one another.
tetra

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: tetra50

Cool. Sounds like you've got it figured out.

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13

We are divided of and from the godhead, for the sake of love and to learn and for a chance at unity.

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13

God is both transcendence and immanence. God is whole, complete, perfect, having no desires or needs. Because God does not have any desires or needs, God is perfectly good. All evil comes from having desires or needs.

God created the Universe not out of any need or desire. God created the Universe out of an outpouring of excess energy. God still is God in spite of all the energy in the Universe. That is, God is still perfect, whole, complete, having no desires or needs.

Your post was thoughtful and interesting but this part rings false to me. The way I understand it, (The) God(head), being infinite, is and will always be inexplicable to the finite (the "creation" / division). Likewise, the infinite cannot truly apprehend the finite, creating the cycle of birth and death.

The closest abstraction to truth I have ever known is -- in the beginning, there were only words, and the word on the tip of the godhead's tongue was loneliness, for it was all things in one thing and all ideas in one idea and therefore, "alone." God, naturally, resisted the notion that alone-ness was the natural shape of itself and so it fractured (on purpose). Let there be (more) light! Hence, my answer above.

A God(head) without need or desire is a universe unborn. An abortion of knowing, giving, taking, or joy. But that's just my experience. Your mileage may vary.

posted on Oct, 21 2019 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Another beautiful answer

a reply to: 0zzymand0s

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 05:37 AM
link   
You are an aperture through which the universe is looking at and exploring itself.
~Alan Watts

posted on Oct, 22 2019 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: 0zzymand0s
Yeah like when someone has an experience and they say it was like they knew the answers to every question there is, but when they come out they can't really describe what they saw, like there was TMI for the human mind to register when back from the experience.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join