It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In your perception, what is the meaning of life, the universe and everything?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 04:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13
What is the meaning of meaning?

On the Meaning of Meaning: What Are We Really Looking For?
positivepsychology.com...

edit on 16-10-2019 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 04:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus 13
What is the meaning of life, the universe and everything?

In my perception the meaning of life is to respect and protect life once you become aware of life.

Hi Ophi-One-Three.
Very good question !
Also: very good answer ! LoL !

What is the meaning to you?

Have glimpsed beyond all 'that'.
Beyond: 'everything'.

Below, beyond, deeper than all of this consensual reality, and our agreements upon it.
Kinda feel that that experience, might be different for each of us.
And so, for me: it was nothingness, or a sensation of such, that was the deepest, yet unpenetrated level.

Always aligned with the whatever: 'this that just is'.

Also the aspects that we all share: a hope for the betterment of all of us ?

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 05:38 PM
link   

What is the meaning of life, the universe and everything?

In my perception the meaning of life is to respect and protect life once you become aware of life.

To find meaning where there is none.

The universe is born, we are born, we die, the universe dies, the universe is born........

Over and over. Where is the meaning in that?

Of course we have to create meaning because otherwise the truth would send us mad.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I feel the meaning is preprogrammed into the survival instincts of the Created in various ways.

As we are preprogrammed to protect & respect our offspring, spouses, family, friends and societies.
Some of us are aware that respect given to others usually is given back.

With that in mind my perception leans towards or follows, more what is presented to us within the experience of life.
Thus bringing me to the meaning being related to respect and protection of life once you are consciously enhanced or knowledgeable enough to understand what life somewhat is, as opposed to thinking more animalistic like lower life forms. Not lower life forms as if their place in the process of Creation is lower then ourselves. But lower in the aspect of technological preparedness and Universal awareness. Associated with a heightened awareness...

a reply to: ARM1968

Thanks for taking time to read and add ARM1968

edit on 10/16/19 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Supposedly, it's not a program but a field existing in sub-atomic particles in the Universe based on how many times a particular pattern of behavior is repeated over several generations.

Morphogenetic Field

I used to doubt it and many people think the idea of Morphogenetic Fields is total BS. And then I read this little gem:

Flynn Effect

edit on 16-10-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 02:40 AM
link   
As a kid I always theorized that when I would finally figgure out the reason for the universe and my existence, the universe and I would spontaniously stop existing, for there would be nothing left to ponder about and to exist for. I know, screwed up theory.

As I grew older and had learned much more, the question only became that more complex. There suddenly were much more variables. However, all this complexity gave rise to the theory/philosophy that whatever the answer may be, it will probably be a very simple one. So simple in fact, that it will stun us and make us say “if I knew it was that simple, I would have been living my life to the fullest by now, and not bother with finding an answer to everything”.

Today I know only this; there are multiple paths one can follow in life, and if you don’t, life will chose a path for you. So in the end you can become obsessed and precoccupied with finding answers to everything and the reason for your existence, or you make the best of what you’ve got and live your life to the fullest, whatever that may entail for you. Because whatever the answer may be, it’ll probably change nothing. Unless there’s a “creator” I think the anser will be very dissapointing anyway.

Having said (all) that, if by chance somone were to come up with an answer, let me know, allright!?

Peace!

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: 2Faced

I know, screwed up theory.
But not really unique.

“Should be there in an hour,” he called back over his shoulder to Chuck. Then he added, in an afterthought: “Wonder if the computer’s finished its run. It was due about now.”

Chuck didn’t reply, so George swung round in his saddle. He could just see Chuck’s face, a white oval turned toward the sky.

“Look,” whispered Chuck, and George lifted his eyes to heaven. (There is always a last time for everything.)

Overhead, without any fuss, the stars were going out.

urbigenous.net...

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 02:46 AM
link   
In my current perception, the meaning of life the universe and everything is to provide a backdrop for consciousness to 1) realize itself 2)absorb chaos and 3) achieve balance of the internal chaotic state and 4) spread that "peace" around boi

Basically, I believe that "life, the universe, and everything" is the womb of God. That from our temporal perspective, he's not born yet, because we are part of the process of her birth.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 08:38 AM
link   

But what is the meaning or symbolism behind #42?

a reply to: raedar

Coding jargon, in layman's terms it basically means decide for yourself.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: 2Faced
As a kid I always theorized that when I would finally figgure out the reason for the universe and my existence, the universe and I would spontaniously stop existing, for there would be nothing left to ponder about and to exist for. I know, screwed up theory.

As I grew older and had learned much more, the question only became that more complex. There suddenly were much more variables. However, all this complexity gave rise to the theory/philosophy that whatever the answer may be, it will probably be a very simple one. So simple in fact, that it will stun us and make us say “if I knew it was that simple, I would have been living my life to the fullest by now, and not bother with finding an answer to everything”.

Today I know only this; there are multiple paths one can follow in life, and if you don’t, life will chose a path for you. So in the end you can become obsessed and precoccupied with finding answers to everything and the reason for your existence, or you make the best of what you’ve got and live your life to the fullest, whatever that may entail for you. Because whatever the answer may be, it’ll probably change nothing. Unless there’s a “creator” I think the anser will be very dissapointing anyway.

Having said (all) that, if by chance somone were to come up with an answer, let me know, allright!?

Peace!

A very Jordan Peterson response, focusing on the utility of the answer as opposed to its quality of content. Rather like a genie lamp, where you spend so much time debating what to wish for that you never get to wish at all. Or perhaps the first two wishes have a domino effect that ruins your anticipation of the last one. Either way, human psychology is its own worst obstacle in the process of acquiring information and putting it to good constructive application. In a word, ego.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 09:09 AM
link   
To see beyond the confusion.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Survive... !!! If Not... See Ya!

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: 2Faced

Hi 2F.
Interesting. Thanks for sharing.
Can you see the similarities to my post ?
edit on 17-10-2019 by Nothin because: sp

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: LucidWarrior

Hi LW.
Such a beautiful view !
"..."...the womb of God..."..."

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 03:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

Some believe it is possible to therefore "abort" God. Nonsense. More chaos doesn't equate to a higher difficulty of balancing... Just a longer process. Hence "infinity"... Chaos' own attempt at reclaiming its instability from the " insolent" attempts at organization.

So, then, "hell" is that state in which the birth of God is furthest away from occuring. But alas, consciousness is such, thankfully, that by means of philosophizing meditation and careful studious effort, one can mitigate for oneself and ones reality, a greater allotment of said time. Similar to speed... Aka the "vibration" which those new agers are always on about having to raise.

Consequently, we find that the meaning of life(for humans) is to hasten or delay said birth according to ones nature, desire, and ability.
edit on 18-10-2019 by LucidWarrior because: Consequently...

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 05:44 AM
link   
The universe is a long running recursion of experiences in an attempt to prove there really are infinite possibilities.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Universe = The One unfolding.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 06:47 AM
link   

its all just a bit of a laugh

I dont think there is any real point to any of it other than for fun

but comedy is subjective so sometimes the joke is on you and other times its just a joke
sometimes you laugh and sometimes you cry

all we can do is ask WHY

edit on 18-10-2019 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Thank you ALL* so far for the input.
If there were to ever be such a question asked by Intelligent non-human CREATOR Creations or some advanced Intelligence designed by the CREATOR trying to understand Humanity many of you have provided beautiful and in-depth conscious answers
great job

I leave you with a poem related to the OP.

posted on Oct, 18 2019 @ 07:18 AM
link   

If we were never told, by thinking alone we would eventually begin to ask

Where are we presently, and what went on in our past

Those with the opportunity, look up and out into the Universe

Inspiring the minds to think, are there others out there being birthed

If yes, who or what is responsible for ALL* the Fractals of Creation

Is it THE CREATOR is GOD or some UNKNOWN MANIFESTATION?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join