It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So why did trump pull out of Syria so fast?!?!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Trump is taking a lot of crap after turkey attacked the Kurds the second he withdrew. So why did he do it , especially when he did it???

1) This isn’t a specific topic I have been all over, but I wonder if it is not something petty like....

Bolton was a big “pro-Syrian involvement“ guy, and Bolton pissed him off..so he pulled out to spite Bolton specifically.. ...

I’m not sure it was Bolton specifically, you might can fill I the blank with whatever person he hired and fired..

2) to distract from the impeachment stuff... just to change the narrative...

3) someone told him the Syrian people did not like him.. lol crazy, but I can see it..

4) russia told him to.

edit on 15-10-2019 by JustJohnny because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: JustJohnny

We didn't leave Syria, only the northern part.

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Because the Turks were going to attack? Let's remember, we do not have a treaty with the Kurds.

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 05:51 PM
link   

The real question should be - Why do you care?

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Serious strategy. After Erdogan accused the U.S. of participating in the attempted coup in 2016 Erogan moved closer to Russia.

Now Erdogan and Russia are at odds and the EU and others are starting to take some responsibility for their concerns in the M.E.

Endless wars make no sense and only produce the terrorist mindset through "blowback."

Remember how well we helped the Libyan peoples by our intervention? Yeah, I don't either.

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Mike Pompeo said we SUDDENLY left that section of Syria because Erdogan called Trump and told him that he was invading that section of the country with 15,000 troops, along with bombers and tanks, in 48 hours.

President Trump tried to talk Erdogan out of it, but to no avail. (Even went "off script" with anger, according to Pompeo)

Rather than leave our 1,050 soldiers to face 15,000 Turkish soldiers, President Trump ordered those 1,050 troops to draw back to a different part of Syria, before the Turkish troops started their assault.

There are very evil people in our government and MSM who would have preferred to have our boys/girls slaughtered. Thank GOD President Trump didn't listen to those callous azzholes! We have a very special President.
edit on 10/15/2019 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Given your comprehensive knowledge of international law, geopolitical policy, and Trump, it seems pointless for any of us to try thinking of the cause. If it's got you stumped obviously none of us could ever hope to figure out the reason.
edit on 10/15/19 by Ksihkehe because: Typo

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 05:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualarchitect
Because the Turks were going to attack? Let's remember, we do not have a treaty with the Kurds.

Most importantly, we went to Syria to kill most of ISIS. Once that job was done, we should have left ASAP.

The Kurds were there before we arrived. ISIS killed over 9,000 of them.

Kurds should be grateful, but you know how that goes.

Everyone wants U.S. protection, money, etc..

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 05:58 PM
link   
He probably reads ats and wanted to save us from a group suicide after reading another one of your politically brainwashed threads.

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

Given your comprehensive knowledge of internation law, geopolitical policy, and Trump, it seems pointless for any of us to try thinking of the cause. If it's got you stumped obviously none of us could ever hope to figure out the reason.

Bwahahahahaha!

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Don’t expect a response by the OP.
He already forgot he posted this and is concocting another anti-Trump thread as we speak.

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 06:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: JustJohnny

Trump is taking a lot of crap after turkey attacked the Kurds the second he withdrew. So why did he do it , especially when he did it???

1) This isn’t a specific topic I have been all over, but I wonder if it is not something petty like....

Bolton was a big “pro-Syrian involvement“ guy, and Bolton pissed him off..so he pulled out to spite Bolton specifically.. ...

I’m not sure it was Bolton specifically, you might can fill I the blank with whatever person he hired and fired..

2) to distract from the impeachment stuff... just to change the narrative...

3) someone told him the Syrian people did not like him.. lol crazy, but I can see it..

4) russia told him to.

Actually, back in December, he said that we had defeated ISIS and suddenly pulled out 2000 troops at that time. That caused the same kind of criticism as we are hearing now. Furthermore, he campaigned on getting the US out of "endless" wars in the Mideast. So this most recent move is entirely consistent with those facts.

The 2020 campaign will pick up its pace in a few months; I think he wants something to show his base that he carried through on one of his promises.

Especially since he didn't get Mexico to pay for the wall

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Bolton

It sounds like an investigation needs to be opened to see if Bolton had any ulterior motives to stay in Syria.
edit on 15-10-2019 by highvein because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 06:26 PM
link   
this

4) russia told him to.

this is why we can't have nice things karen

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Because Assad doesnt fully control the north...
edit on 15-10-2019 by strongfp because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

All you really have to look at is Iraq to see what happens.

People who go to war always make someone rich. I think Trump is ready to destroy Bolton.

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I think there's secret negotiating going on to form a new county for the Kurds 😎

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp
Because Assad doesnt fully control the north...

What North ? 😎

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: highvein
a reply to: The GUT

People who go to war always make someone rich. I think Trump is ready to destroy Bolton.

Bolton isn't in the WH anymore. He's writing a book about his experience with trump. Right before the elections, it should sell well.

www.rawstory.com...
edit on 15-10-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT
Serious strategy. After Erdogan accused the U.S. of participating in the attempted coup in 2016 Erogan moved closer to Russia.

Now Erdogan and Russia are at odds and the EU and others are starting to take some responsibility for their concerns in the M.E.

Endless wars make no sense and only produce the terrorist mindset through "blowback."

Remember how well we helped the Libyan peoples by our intervention? Yeah, I don't either.

Then why did Trump send thousands of troops to Saudi Arabia?

I guess people want to forget that

So Trump's justification about getting our troops out of wars won't wash

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join