It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

That Time My Best-Friend Turned into a Jerk, and a Liar, and Pretended I "Threatened" Him

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2019 @ 11:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO
This sounds exactly like how a marriage goes bad.

ETA, after further consideration, I’ll bet your girlfriend and best friends were intimate. That’s why they both pushed you away. To take away the guilt they were feeling. People are so fu##ed up.

It’s classic narcissistic behavior. They are the ones fu##ing up, literally. So they make you feel like your a bad person to mask what they are doing.

^Thanks,

I'm not sure if this thread is entirely dead, but it's my life that I'm still contemplating, so I'll do some replies.

Your post is on to something. Because both dead friendships... seem to carry that implication... that I deserve such terrible treatment from the closest friends of my life. By definition, his "best friendship" means that absolutely everything he did against me, is the BEST treatment that I deserve, from ALL friends of my life, lol.

And my ex-girlfriend's infidelity, dishonesty, etc. carries the same implication. That it's the BEST romantic relationship that I deserve, in my life. The BEST romance / dating that I deserve is to date someone who is out, having wild fun cheating on me everyday lol.

However these implications are impossible. It's both people attempting to blame their own actions / behaviors on someone other than themselves.

Which is not logical. People are logically responsible for their own actions and choices.

Also I don't want to be overly doom-and-gloom: To be clear, I still have the rest of my friends, who I still love and trust and hang out with. So there's not a lack of surviving friendships in my life.

I just reflect a lot on these two dead relationships because... it's literally the context for all my current friendships, with all the same friends, of the same shared circle of friends.

Ah well, god bless them all, and... People need to be accountable for their own actions, not blaming their own actions on different people.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join