It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ban CBS for "subversion"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 06:01 AM
link   
(CBS) EDITOR'S NOTE: On Nov. 22, 2004, CBSNEWS.com reported that, based on evidence that was available at that time, it was unlikely that Tom DeLay would be indicted. Click here for the story.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ronnie Earle is the local district attorney in Austin, Texas. During his 28 years in office, he’s prosecuted his share of robberies, rapes and murders.

But what he cares about most is rooting out public corruption. Over the years, he’s indicted more than a dozen politicians, including a U.S. senator, the state’s attorney general, and a sitting Texas Supreme Court justice.

But none of his cases ever created much of a stir outside of the Lone Star State until recently, when he launched a criminal investigation that seems to be honing in on one of the most powerful politicians in the country -- Congressman Tom DeLay of Texas, the Republican House Majority Leader. Correspondent Lesley Stahl reports.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Known as “The Hammer” among his colleagues, Rep. DeLay recently came out swinging after Ronnie Earle indicted three of his associates.

"The facts are, I have not been indicted in Austin, Texas, and the facts are, the indictments that have been brought by this partisan D.A. in Austin, Texas, against three of my associates, are frivolous," said DeLay.

DeLay accuses Earle, a Democrat, of playing politics. But Earle says politics has nothing to do with this case. "This is not about Democrats and Republicans," says Earle. "This is about cops and robbers. This is about the abuse of power."

What does Earle have to say about being called "vindictive and partisan" by DeLay?

"Being called vindictive and partisan by Tom DeLay is like being called ugly by a frog," says Earle. "It sort of comes with the territory. But that’s my job. That’s what I’m supposed to do."

This case involves a political action committee called “Texans for a Republican Majority” or TRMPAC, chaired by Tom DeLay and run by some of his closest associates. Earle contends that TRMPAC raised money illegally from corporations during the 2002 state elections in Texas.

"It's an ancient equation: money for power, power for money," says Earle.

So far, Earle has obtained indictments against eight corporations, in addition to the three people close to DeLay. The charges include multiple counts of money laundering and the illegal use of corporate contributions.

What about DeLay? Is Earle looking at him?

"We're following the truth. And wherever that leads, that's where we'll go," says Earle.

The corporate fundraising, says Earle, was done to elect Republicans to the Texas legislature so they could redistrict the state and ensure that more Republicans would be elected to the house in Washington.

DeLay turned down many requests by 60 Minutes for an interview, so Stahl caught up with him at a news conference in Washington to ask him about the case. DeLay wouldn't answer Stahl's questions, but he has said in the past that he doesn't expect to be indicted – and yet he has hired a team of lawyers while his legal defense fund has reached a million dollars.

"The fact is he is worried. Republicans in the house are worried that this could be a huge flameout for Tom DeLay," says Norm Ornstein, a scholar at the conservative American Enterprise Institute and a recent critic of Tom DeLay.

Ornstein says the Republicans are worried because DeLay has already been admonished by the House Ethics Committee for questionable conduct.

"Tom DeLay was rebuked on three separate matters by the House Ethics Committee in the last Congress, an extraordinary slap at the leader," says Ornstein. "But they left open pending a fourth issue, which was the Ronnie Earle case in Texas. So what did the House Republicans do? They fire the chairman of the Ethics Committee. They removed two members."

www.cbsnews.com...

How is it the American people allow CBS to use its airways. It is obvious CBS has an anti-american agenda. "Rathergate" and the faked memos was not the first anti-amreican subversive act of CBS. It goes all the way back to "faking" burning villages in Vieitnam.

CBS should be the first "national" network to lose its FCC license. It is an anti-american political conspiracy of the highest order to let this trash company contaminate america.

In fact ban all "Sony" products in america for subversion. This is a real "corporate" take over of america.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 06:25 AM
link   
You got my last "Way Above" vote for this month Dr.

CBS should get banned, they tried to influence the outcome of a Presidential election by using illegally forged government documents. If that doesn't deserve the corporate death penalty, I don't know what does.

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 06:32 AM
link   
www.discardedlies.com...

This is a link to a story about CBS and the lies to cover it's anti-american agenda.

Here is a small snipit.....

"The report's large, and has a surprising amount of meat in it; it's not the total whitewash some expected. I'm still reading, but Sarah D. points out a really damning passage strongly indicating that Mapes was trying to "change the momentum of the election," as Mapes associate Michael Smith proposes getting Bill Burkett a book deal:

Today I am going to send the following hypothetical scenario to a reliable, trustable editor friend of mine . . . What if there was a person who might have some information that could possibly change the momentum of an election but we needed to get an ASAP book deal to help get us the information? What kinds of turnaround payment schedules are possible, keeping in mind the book probably could not make it out until after the election . . . . What I am asking is in this best case hypothetical scenario, can we get a decent sized advance payment, and get it turned around quickly.
The report explicitly denies that political bias was a factor in the pattern of lying and covering up that followed the initial 60 Minutes II segment, but it's quite obvious this is another obfuscation. I'm still reading, and will have more thoughts as I continue to absorb it; but this is going to give the blogosphere a lot to chew over."

[edit on 7-3-2005 by DrHoracid]

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Good Doctor ... I find, between your artistic bent and your newsgathering ability and your political tastes, I am becoming a fan. With that in mind, I have given you one of my Way Above votes.

Take care and keep your socks dry!

Oh... And keep me informed on a certain web page.

Dan

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by sigung86
Good Doctor ... I find, between your artistic bent and your newsgathering ability and your political tastes, I am becoming a fan. With that in mind, I have given you one of my Way Above votes.

Take care and keep your socks dry!

Oh... And keep me informed on a certain web page.

Dan

Be careful their siggy. Someone else may be listening.............

Thanks............

new topics

top topics

join