It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ABC News Busted Using Gun Range Footage To Report Turkish “Slaughter” Of Kurd Civilians

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 03:49 AM
link   
I have seen this story at a couple of different sites. I guess this gives "archive footage" a whole new meaning ? Some of you may remember when CNN faked their reporters being in harms way during the Iraq invasion ? I do remember when many of our main stream news sites had a little more ethical behavior guidelines when I was growing up or at least they were better at hiding the B.S. !

Warning MSN the internet has a bunch of smart people who will and can call you out in your fake news.

ABC News was just busted using two-year-old gun range footage while reporting on Turkey ‘slaughtering’ the Kurds in the wake of a US withdrawal from the region.

This video right here appearing to show Turkey’s military bombing Kurd civilians in a Syrian border town. The Kurds, who fought alongside the US against ISIS now horrific reports of atrocities committed by Turkish-backed fighters on those very allies. – ABC News

Wow! ABC News is trying to pass gun range videos as combat footage from Syria pic.twitter.com/zfTWtwwSfZ

www.activistpost.com...

Of course when they were caught they deleted the video.." ABC News Issues Correction, Deletes Gun Range Video Claimed to Be Syrian Conflict Footage. "

ABC News on Oct. 14 put out a correction and took down a video recorded at a Kentucky gun range after falsely claiming it was footage of the armed conflict in Syria.

“We’ve taken down the video that aired on ‘World News Tonight’ Sunday and ‘Good Morning America’ this morning that appeared to be from the Syrian border, immediately after questions were raised about its accuracy. ABC News regrets the error,” ABC News said in an Oct. 14 statement.

Good they took it down but how many saw the initial report and will never see the retraction ?
I wish every time one of these networks were caught in a lie or a fabrication there was a higher power that could insure they got their just reward.. No I ain't talking no corrupt government agency either..
www.theepochtimes.com...

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Yeah, your pres has reported this already.

What has ATS become? "Lets re-tell Trumps tweets" daily?

+10 more 
posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 04:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope

What have you become. Defending fake news.

Fake news is bad. It should be pointed out every time.

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 06:06 AM
link   
That’s how things are these days. Cheat, swear, steal and lie. Then apologize for it.

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 06:14 AM
link   

It takes a few times for things to sink in with some people.

I bet you anything there are still masked larpers out there claiming it was legit.

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 06:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

He should be more outraged than anyone else.. He has to pay for a television license.

haha

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 06:45 AM
link   
So what's the bottom line? Are the Kurds not being slaughtered? Is the whole Turkey invasion fake news? Did the Kurds not make a deal with the Syrian government? Is the U.S. Syrian withdrawal a brilliant tactical/strategic move on Trump's part and all the push-back from military, State, and intelligence people just yammering by dumb people?

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

I think the bottom line is that it is another way to manipulate the American people.

They know we have war burn out and will not support the United States going head first into a war in the Middle East, so they need to find the right button to push to make us all united again and calling for blood.

They want us running to enlist, growing victory gardens, and us sitting by our video screens watching the carnage, while eating popcorn and posting about how great America is again.

I think they are going to fail. While they have succeeded in making most Americans feel shame and anger for the abandonment of the Kurds, they won't be able to trigger enough people into demanding the US to become engaged in an open war with Turkey and Russia.

Yeah. It looks bad for the home team. It seems we did it again. We set up a small village, promising to be their protectors, then running away, leaving them as easy prey to their invaders. Making us a hateful, lying, evil country that can't be trusted.

It is the same script, just a few different actors.

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: jtma508
So what's the bottom line? Are the Kurds not being slaughtered? Is the whole Turkey invasion fake news? Did the Kurds not make a deal with the Syrian government? Is the U.S. Syrian withdrawal a brilliant tactical/strategic move on Trump's part and all the push-back from military, State, and intelligence people just yammering by dumb people?

Good question.
How can we trust what we see on the news?
I know from local news reports that they get quite a bit wrong and not just little things.

Enter in the fact that the MSM usually has an agenda and you can trust them even less.

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 07:31 AM
link   
ABC News' "mistake" was caught within what ... an hour?

TPTB want us to believe we can't trust ANYTHING ... and braying about SNAFUs like this serve that desire.

They screwed up; it was caught. American Public 1, Corporate Media 0.

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 07:59 AM
link   

I don't follow anybody's tweets so I thank 727Sky for creating this thread.

Unlike many other cases, this is more than just local (US) news.

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

It's possible someone thought it would boost their career to present "shocking firefight footage" that no one else had, and the abc news producers didn't verify.

Not everything is a NWO conspiracy, it could have easily just been an individual or two. Which, i think it most likely was.

I mean, the MSMs didn't master minipulating the public by showing an obvious shooting range event. They were using all tracers and unleashing hell in a small directed area. I think ABC screwed up and didn't get verification.

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: gallop

He should be more outraged than anyone else.. He has to pay for a television license.

haha

That at least is correct. But I get KiKa for it. *who laughs last, laughs best*

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

So shame on Them they'll get it right next time?

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Thread #1 (posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 17:02)
Thread #2 (posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 00:11)
Thread #3 (posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 10:49), this thread.

Is this multitude of thread okay, Mods?

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

My God, we agree. 🥺

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Soon, (because of incredible yet scary technology), what you see will be completely manufactured. You won't be able to tell or know the difference. Place, things, objects, time, content, context, PEOPLE, will all be edited in a edited out on a whim......

IN REAL TIME!! (but who is to say what's "real time", and how would you even know?🤷‍♂️)

You will seriously, not be able to know the difference!

Then what choice will you have??

Full disconnect? or full assimilation???

Your choice.
edit on E31America/ChicagoTue, 15 Oct 2019 09:25:57 -050010amTuesdayth09am by EternalShadow because: ETA

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

It was not a mistake or a snafu. This was intentional fake news to mislead a public into believing their false reporting and no we can't trust anything they report and it will likely take decades for them to earn back our trust and even then only if they were to start reporting with journalistic integrity which isn't likely any time soon.

Jaden
edit on 15-10-2019 by Masterjaden because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: gallop

haha

That at least is correct. But I get KiKa for it. *who laughs last, laughs best*

KiKa? with Bernd das Brot??

Haha had to give you a star though.. I'm using a hdtv fta usb stick to pipe hdtv to my hdtv being used as a second monitor, because the interface from a PC beats, hands down, the interface on this cheap arse hdtv.. so if I can be this mental, well..

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 10:38 AM
link   
With this ABC news should shut down their site and go out of business.

They're no longer 'news', they're a joke.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join