It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sadly, Trump is in danger of being removed from Office

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 04:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: operation mindcrime
a reply to: carewemust

Yeah Erdogan would have taken 1050 Americans troops down in his plan to invade Syria...

Trump did the only thing possible by pulling US troops back...

Riiiiiiight....

Peace

Get some of your mates together with you and get yourself out there to protect the Kurds. I am sure they will give you some weapons to use.
Good luck.

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 05:20 AM
link   
The only ones that claims kurds are America's biggest allies in Syria are the interventionists and Media. They are using the kurds in Syria to get to the resources.

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 05:48 AM
link   
I love how they jump to the well written defense of anything the President says or does, no matter what it is, even when a majority of the GOP was against the move.

Listen to yourselves. The U.s. forces in northern Syria wouldn't have been "slaughtered". Don't you think there would've been hell to pay for U.S. deaths in what the civilized world considers to be unnecessary with condemnations all around? Even Iran is against this. Israel, Iran, Syria, the EU, UN, US, Russia all against it more or less. Did I leave anyone out?

It would've been a dramatic mess though, that's for sure. The President doesn't like those in global politics, only domestic. He hasn't started a single military conflict or an operation during his administration. He didn't even retaliate against Iran for downing the drone. Que well written analysis explaining why that was a brilliant move because he made it.

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 06:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Yeah Erdogan would have taken 1050 Americans troops down in his plan to invade Syria...

Riiiiiiight....

Peace

Get some of your mates together with you and get yourself out there to protect the Kurds. I am sure they will give you some weapons to use.
Good luck.

Yeah...no...makes sense.

There is a big difference between "me and some mates" and the US army. I am not saying that I am going to defend the Kurds and I am also not saying it is the US's job...

I am just saying that Turkey would not have launched their attack if American troops were still there....which was what the poster I was replying to used as an argument.

Anyway...have a nice day

Peace

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 06:19 AM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

I disagree. In my opinion, there are too many key Senators whose wrongdoing, crimes, misdeeds and criminal connections would be exposed by Trump if he was found guilty as charged and removed. These last three years or so have shown us that with complicity on the part of the Senate Majority Leader, POTUS virtually has dictatorial levels of power.

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Riiiiiiight....

Peace

Good luck.

Yeah...no...makes sense.

There is a big difference between "me and some mates" and the US army. I am not saying that I am going to defend the Kurds and I am also not saying it is the US's job...

I am just saying that Turkey would not have launched their attack if American troops were still there....which was what the poster I was replying to used as an argument.

Anyway...have a nice day

Peace

It's not the job of any American citizen, in the military or not, to stop any country in the world attacking another by acting as as a human shield.
If you think it is, get yourself out there.

Trump has given ample warning to NATO countries to up their defence spending to the levels that they agreed to and they have not acted. Scaling back US military involvement in support of NATO is a logival next step. The further issue is that Turkey are part of NATO. So why should the US be in military conflict with them?

edit on 15/10/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 06:33 AM
link   
(-1000 troops in Syria) + (2800 troops in Saudi) = 1800 MORE American troops deployed.

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 06:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
(-1000 troops in Syria) + (2800 troops in Saudi) = 1800 MORE American troops deployed.

Yep - utter nonsense.
The decision to send troops to SA is just wrong whichever way you look at it.

By the numbers: The U.S. has nearly 800 military bases around the world, and U.S. Central Command says there are between 60,000 and 70,000 U.S. troops in the Middle East.

Afghanistan: 14,000 U.S. troops in the country, plus 8,000 NATO soldiers.
Bahrain: The small Gulf island-nation is home to more than 7,000 American troops, mostly Navy. Bahrain is "pivotal to maintaining Persian Gulf security" given its location.
Iraq: About 5,200 U.S. troops are in Iraq as of January, per a spokesperson from the Department of Defense. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said American troops are presently deployed in Iraq to help combat ISIS.
Jordan: Approximately 2,795 U.S. troops support operations to defeat ISIS and promote regional stability.
Kuwait: Over 13,000 American troops are stationed in Kuwait, which also includes the U.S. Army Central's forward headquarters. The Kuwaiti government often supports the U.S. to counter Iran, and is part of the Saudi-led coalition to combat Iranian-backed Houthi rebels in Yemen. The only other countries that host more U.S. troops are Germany, Japan and South Korea.
Oman: A few hundred U.S. soldiers are in Oman, near the Strait of Hormuz. The country has hosted U.S. operations since 1980, and has assisted the U.S. in combating ISIS.
Qatar: There are as many as 13,000 American troops in Qatar, with future plans to expand the base. The Gulf nation supports U.S. efforts to combat regional terrorism.
Saudi Arabia: The U.S. pulled most of its soldiers out following the Sept. 11 attacks. However, there were plans to send more than 500 troops there as of early September following increasing tensions with Iran and to provide Saudi forces with assistance in Yemen, per AP. The Trump administration announced plans to send hundred more following attacks on Saudi oil facilities on Sept. 14.
Syria: Approximately 2,000 U.S. service members are in Syria, according to a spokesperson from the DOD. Syria is still in the midst of a civil war that's seen multiple countries get involved — including the U.S., Russia and Turkey.
Turkey: The number of American troops in Turkey isn't clear, but the country's strategic location makes it valuable for transporting arms and people. United Arab Emirates: 5,000 U.S. troops are stationed in the UAE, the tiny nation situated near to the Strait of Hormuz.

The equation should result in MINUS 60-70,000

Get them all out.

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

My statement regards the OP that was addressing the withdrawal from Syria, and the President's claim that he was reducing troop deployment in the ME only to increase it a few days later trying to play up to the House of Saud.

That said, I absolutely agree with the overall philosophy of reducing the deployment of American troops around the world.

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 07:06 AM
link   

So he caved in to Turkey?

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

So he caved in to Turkey?

I think so.
I suspect that Erdogan basically told Trump that air raids would be starting and gave a heads up to give Trump time to remove the troops and out of danger.
Erdogan will be fully aware that the US can't go to war with another NATO country and that Trump could not afford the impact of dead soldiers when he was warned to draw them back.

If you were in that position - what would you do?

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I don't know if Trump's Syrian policy is correct or a boondoggle; I'm not arrogant enough to pretend I know enough about Middle Eastern war policy to predict what's going to happen before it does. But I do know two things:

1) All the people who are supposed to be the experts and are now criticizing the president have had my entire adult life time to make things better in the Middle east and have failed at it ... it hard to listen to them claim they know better.

2) it's somewhat refreshing to see a political leader not make the personal politically expedient move for a change. Even if its a mistake.
edit on 15-10-2019 by DanDanDat because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 07:35 AM
link   
The withdrawal from Syria and the price paid by the Kurds is another move in the undermining of American military influence around the world. Whether that is a "good or bad" thing is subjective.

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Oh, I would totally let a piece of **** country like Turkey walk all over the United States because they are our friends and allies. They totally have our best interests at heart over the past decade plus.

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Oh, I would totally let a piece of **** country like Turkey walk all over the United States because they are our friends and allies. They totally have our best interests at heart over the past decade plus.

There would be nothing you could do about it - except withdraw and introduce sanctions.
Nothing at all.
So, regardless of how you word it, your answer is the correct one. You'd withdraw.

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Thankfully the OP is incorrect. The Kurds have made the correct choice and are going ahead and turning over their "power" to Assad. I don't think a 30 mile corridor in northern Syria is really wanted by Turkey. What they wanted was all these communist Kurds to be leashed and stop attacking their territory with US troops being in the way for retribution.

www.moonofalabama.org...

Read that link, that person has been correct on almost all things "middle east quagmire" for many many years. If you dont follow this guy on our policy (failed mostly) in Iraq, Syria, Libya, etc, you really don't know what you should know.

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Meh you know the democrats have literally tried to impeach and drawnnup articles of impeachment for every single republican president for 70 years! They are sore losers but they always were and probably always will be. They didn't succeed in the past ones and they won't with this.

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 08:17 AM
link   

There would be nothing you could do about it - except withdraw and introduce sanctions.
Nothing at all.
So, regardless of how you word it, your answer is the correct one. You'd withdraw.

Would I? I think not. Turkey is an enemy and you deal with enemies directly. Erdogan is a bully and when you stand up to bullies they back down.

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: ChefFox

Agreed. Yes, the Kurds are both Communists (or nearly so on the political spectrum), and Sunni Muslims. There are not many 'shared' values with the United States in those regards. Allies? They would only be temporary allies of convenience, considering these issues. The MSM are full of ****.

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

Don't be ridiculous. A Republican, most likely Trump, will be President throughout 2020. Period.
Obama & Crew did their worst damage between the election and the inauguration.
We'll see about who is President in the fourth week of January 2021. (and not a moment sooner)

ganjoa

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join