It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Says Trump Doesn't Know What He's Doing in Syria ?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 12:27 AM
link   
a reply to: XCrycek

You've discredited zer0 😎

Trump has outsmarted everybody again despite the NWO/Democrat BS 😃

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 12:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Graham can say what he likes, but the fact is they are cut off from buying the F-35 due to also buying S-400's from Russia.

Not a single F-35 will be bought by them.

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 01:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: XCrycek

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

originally posted by: xuenchen

el-jah-sewer is bad.

They are real bad 😎

They are quoting directly what Erdogan said, unlike the opinion piece you posted.

I could post a video of Erdogan saying all this and you would claim its deepfake.

Turkey will continue with military operations

You didn't post video though. Even if you did it's irrelevant. Do you think he's going to advertise weakness?

The link in the OP has a video of Pence. Do you think it was a deepfake or, as I suspect, did you not bother to look at it and just use the source as a reason to discredit the OP?

I discredit the op based on the conservative tree house way of reporting this. It's not a news site nor has Erdogan requested for peace talks with the Kurds.
Will you and the rest of cult 45 be here to addmit you were wrong when Turkish forces enter Kobani?
# no, you'll ignore it just like countless times before.
Erdogan ain't stopping, Russia is giving green light, Trump effed up when he announced withdrawal.
Every time Trump displays what an incomponent dimwit he is you guys are trying to spin it off as some kind of a mastermind move.

I didn't read the article, but the video is from the VP. I never said this was a masterful move by Trump. I just pointed out the hypocrisy of saying Trump supporters would ignore video while simultaneously ignoring a video. Seems fairly cut and dry.

I have no problem admitting when I'm wrong. I'm not one of the dozens of members that disappeared after being wrong about the election, the Russia probe, the peepee tapes, the wire taps on Trump, FBI sabotage, and whew... list is getting big. Then there are those who left via self-immolation violating T&C with fiery fits of impotent rage. I look forward to more of it.

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 01:44 AM
link   

el-jah-sewer is bad.

They are real bad 😎

They are quoting directly what Erdogan said, unlike the opinion piece you posted.

I could post a video of Erdogan saying all this and you would claim its deepfake.

You didn't post video though. Even if you did it's irrelevant. Do you think he's going to advertise weakness?

The link in the OP has a video of Pence. Do you think it was a deepfake or, as I suspect, did you not bother to look at it and just use the source as a reason to discredit the OP?

I discredit the op based on the conservative tree house way of reporting this. It's not a news site nor has Erdogan requested for peace talks with the Kurds.
Will you and the rest of cult 45 be here to addmit you were wrong when Turkish forces enter Kobani?
Erdogan ain't stopping, Russia is giving green light, Trump effed up when he announced withdrawal.
Every time Trump displays what an incomponent dimwit he is you guys are trying to spin it off as some kind of a mastermind move.

I didn't read the article, but the video is from the VP. I never said this was a masterful move by Trump. I just pointed out the hypocrisy of saying Trump supporters would ignore video while simultaneously ignoring a video. Seems fairly cut and dry.

I have no problem admitting when I'm wrong. I'm not one of the dozens of members that disappeared after being wrong about the election, the Russia probe, the peepee tapes, the wire taps on Trump, FBI sabotage, and whew... list is getting big. Then there are those who left via self-immolation violating T&C with fiery fits of impotent rage. I look forward to more of it.

Erdogan is saying that Turkish forces will take Kobani. That's a direct quote without any dumbed down yank spin. And yet here we are, cult 45 trying to convince me that Erdogan got scared of Trump and wants peace talks with Kurds.

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Erdogan's trash is all propaganda BS 😃

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 03:13 AM
link   

el-jah-sewer is bad.

They are real bad 😎

Erdogan is saying that Turkish forces will take Kobani. That's a direct quote without any dumbed down yank spin. And yet here we are, cult 45 trying to convince me that Erdogan got scared of Trump and wants peace talks with Kurds.

For some reason you can't seem to comprehend the posts of this dumb Yank. You keep posting responses to this dumb Yank that involve nothing that I actually wrote. Go find an adult and have them walk you through my comments one word at a time. If you both get stumped find a dumb Yank to explain the big words.

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 03:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
This was always about appeasing the Turks so they would buy F-35s from the MIC.

Wow. You are so far out of touch with what is going on here.

The F35 deal was dead the minute Turkey bought a Russian missle defense system. That whole situation was created by the previous administration by refusing to sell them ours, in an attempt to pressure Ergoden, and probably had a big part in getting us to where we are today.

What are you talking about?

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 03:48 AM
link   

a reply to: rickymouse

Keep in mind all these "atrocities" we hear about are from the MSM 😃

I have no doubt bad s**t is going down, but what some call "atrocities", is just a way of life in that area of the world, as it has been for many centuries.

The hatred is not pf US making, nor should ot be a solely US problem.

I wouldn't have a big problem if the UN, or even NATO formed a peace keeping coalition, but there is no reason for the US to stand alone while everyone else wrings their hands.
edit on 10152019 by Mach2 because: Sp

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 03:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: harold223

originally posted by: LookingAtMars
a reply to: harold223

That would have been an act of War against the US by Turkey. I don't think Turkey would have wanted to risk that.

So the US should of stayed and risked starting a war with a NATO partner? I don't think Turkey saw it as much of a risk. The US was not even there legally!

It's called deterrence. Only a handful of troops can be enough to raise the stakes to such an extent that Turkey wouldn't dare risk making any moves. It's why they didn't move until the troops were clearing out.

Think Chess. The Troops I Northern Syria are a Pawn. They are in the way of another piece they want so they need to take the Pawn. But it puts them in the line of the Queen.

Our troops should NEVER be used as pawns in some backwater third world #hole, that has zero, real national interest implications. NEVER, and you can't comvince me otherwise.

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 03:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

Trump is an utter fool. Doesnt know what hes doing and whoever thinks he does is an idiot like he is.

Well, according to you, he's just a perfect puppet of the Deep State.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Why Trump is the perfect Puppet of the Deep State

[SNIP]

These are the major issues the deep state wanted Trump to manage:
Begin the process of a war with Iran; a trade war (with China particularly) and maybe a shooting war with China and or Russia. TO KEEP SYRIA IN A STALEMATE UNTIL THEY GET BACK FULLY IN POWER...

I guess he, like Obama and other POTUS' are all just a bunch of puppets so they can't help themselves and aren't responsible for their actions. Thank GOD!

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 04:05 AM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

Lol......good post.......good point.

Ppl like @willtell have TDS, and really have no concrete position on anything other than the fact that they hate the President.

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 04:14 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I appreciate and applaud how President Trump always finds a way to put more ulcers in the stomachs of Democrats, and WIMP Republicans, while en-route to his ultimate destination...SUCCESS!

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 04:33 AM
link   
In my view there appears to be a clever plan behind the Trumpotuse's actions.

Turkey invade Syria to create a buffer zone yet already have encroached further than agreed - the US would have assumed/guessed they would do that
The Syrian forces arrange pact with the Kurds to confront Turkey's advance - the US would have assumed/guessed that might happen
So now we have Turkey in direct conflict with Assadarse and the Kurds - the US would have known there would be no love lost
So what you end up with is Turkey vs Assadarse without US involvement - making US the peacemaker yet hoping that things escalate into a full blown invasion by Turkey and thus getting rid of Assadarse - assuming that the Russians won't want to get involved in a conflict with Turkey because of the implications.

We will just have to see whether the above in fact evolves. If it does and results in the final downfall of Assadarse then its clever!!

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 04:37 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Aha. So he knew that ...

“the Turkish invasion does not differentiate between a soldier, a civilian or a politician”.

Turkish invaders in Syria have killed at least 39 civilians so far – including children

... and simply didn't give a fck? Nice! What a fcking moron, that's even worse than his usual joke of a ME strategy. Talking about "inner demons", eh?

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 05:11 AM
link   
a reply to: PublicOpinion

Sounds like a typical long weekend in Chicago. Are you equally upset with the dim leadership in that situation? If not, you are a hypocrite.

Look, I sympathize with any "innocents" that are hurt/killed, though I don't believe that "innocent" really applies to that many. I just think any intervention needs to be a coalition of countries, not a unilateral US presence.

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 05:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Mach2

I'm not upset, I'm appalled.

Could you try to focus on the topic or do you need to be all over the place to make your adhoms stick?

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 05:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: PublicOpinion
a reply to: Mach2

I'm not upset, I'm appalled.

Could you try to focus on the topic or do you need to be all over the place to make your adhoms stick?

It is precicely on topic. Some are just too ignorant to get below the surface.

Do you thing lacing your posts with the "F" word, and hurling insults makes it more effective?

Pot meet kettle.....

Have a great day.

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 05:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mach2

That would have been an act of War against the US by Turkey. I don't think Turkey would have wanted to risk that.

So the US should of stayed and risked starting a war with a NATO partner? I don't think Turkey saw it as much of a risk. The US was not even there legally!

It's called deterrence. Only a handful of troops can be enough to raise the stakes to such an extent that Turkey wouldn't dare risk making any moves. It's why they didn't move until the troops were clearing out.

Think Chess. The Troops I Northern Syria are a Pawn. They are in the way of another piece they want so they need to take the Pawn. But it puts them in the line of the Queen.

Our troops should NEVER be used as pawns in some backwater third world #hole, that has zero, real national interest implications. NEVER, and you can't comvince me otherwise.

Ok. Lets talk about another place where the US has Pawns. Northern Territory of Australia (I am Australian) is home to a contingent of US marines that are there precisely to act as a deterrent to an increasingly aggressive China. Australia and those troops are now in range of Chinese bombers due to their artificial islands in the South China Sea. If the US pulls all troops home, the rest of the world will inevitably degenerate into chaos as China and Russia advance. Eastern Europe is in danger. So is South East Asia and Australia. Australian strategic reports have highlighted this threat. Australia has no realistic capability of defending itself from a Chinese invasion without US support. They are just too big and strong for us. It would be a grave mistake for the US to pull out and let China and Russia carve up the world for themselves. Going on historical events, it is highly likely that the US would be unable to avoid being drawn in to such a situation long term. It will be a lot harder if China and Russia already control these places and Western Europe and the UK are under threat.

Bigger picture people, bigger picture.

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Ok. Lets talk about another place where the US has Pawns. Northern Territory of Australia (I am Australian) is home to a contingent of US marines that are there precisely to act as a deterrent to an increasingly aggressive China. Australia and those troops are now in range of Chinese bombers due to their artificial islands in the South China Sea. If the US pulls all troops home, the rest of the world will inevitably degenerate into chaos as China and Russia advance. Eastern Europe is in danger. So is South East Asia and Australia. Australian strategic reports have highlighted this threat. Australia has no realistic capability of defending itself from a Chinese invasion without US support. They are just too big and strong for us. It would be a grave mistake for the US to pull out and let China and Russia carve up the world for themselves. Going on historical events, it is highly likely that the US would be unable to avoid being drawn in to such a situation long term. It will be a lot harder if China and Russia already control these places and Western Europe and the UK are under threat.

Australia is an ally, making it in US national interests, and I assume we are there by invitation, or at least permission, of the recognized soverien government. There

That is not the case with Syria.

Apples and oranges people.....apples and oranges.

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Australia is an ally, making it in US national interests, and I assume we are there by invitation, or at least permission, of the recognized soverien government. There

That is not the case with Syria.

Apples and oranges people.....apples and oranges.

Good to hear some Americans have our back then. On another thread the other day I mentioned something similar, some members said what basically amounted to "Australia can get stuffed, needs to look after itself, arm your citizens, we don't need to protect anyone" or something along those lines.

I think it would be within US national interests to stop a major war blowing up in the Middle East right now. That is a very real possibility at this point.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join