It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Says Trump Doesn't Know What He's Doing in Syria ?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Looks like Trump's strategy in Syria rang a bell with the Turkey President Erdogan.

Seems now he wants the U.S. to "Mediate" negotiations between Turkey and .... wait for it.... the Kurds !!!

Maybe the Russians have some "inner demon" problems too.

Looks like VP Pence in going to Turkey to solve the whole dang issue !! 😎

Trump apparently "talked" to the General of the Kurds first, then "discussed" Erdogan's "options" with Erdogan himself !! 😀

Trump’ s Syrian Maneuver Works – President Erdogan Asks for Negotiations With Kurds in Syria…

President Trump has played this out perfectly. By isolating Turkish President Recep Erdogan, and effectively leaving him naked to an alliance of his enemies, Erdogan is now urgently asking for the U.S. to mediate peace negotiations with Kurdish forces.

This request happens immediately after President Trump signed an executive order [See Here] triggering the sanction authority of Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin. Erdogan called the White House requesting an urgent phone call with President Trump.

After President Trump talked to Kurdish General Mazloum Kobani Abdi, the commander of the Kurdish-led Syrian Democratic Forces, President Trump then discussed the options available to President Erdogan. As a result of that conversation, Erdogan requested the U.S. mediate negotiations. Vice-President Mike Pence announces he will be traveling to the region with National Security Advisor Robert O’Brien to lead that effort.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Can someone say 4d?

I knew you could

Cant wait to hear more about this

ETA
Nb4 trolls call this impeachable or an accident
edit on pm1020193111America/ChicagoMon, 14 Oct 2019 23:27:14 -0500_10000000 by Another_Nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I hope this gets resolved quickly. I have been trying to discuss this with my daughter who believes that Trump betrayed the Kurds. Things have to be done properly with these kinds of things. Proper actions need to be implemented. If we stayed, we would be involved in yet another possible war and soldiers would have died. Maybe Trump has a lousy way of saying things but what is being done is most times proper. I have read a lot of articles on this and hidden in many was the fact that The Turkish military was going to start attacking whether we were there or not. The left around here isn't very smart, they automatically condemn the actions of Trump and in this case, some of our soldiers would have died needlessly. It takes time to get sanctions approved and worked out, it was slow, but it was done in a week.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Lol. You posted an opinion piece from conservative tree house.
Meanwhile in Turkey

Turkey's operation shouldn't have problems in Ayn al-Arab, Erdoğan says

DAILY Sabah ISTANBUL
Published 14.10.2019 11:09
Updated 14.10.2019 11:59

Turkey and its allies will clear the northern Syrian towns of Ayn al-Arab, also known
Syrian towns of Ayn al-Arab, also known as Kobani, and Manbij from terrorists, President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan said Monday.

"It looks like Turkey's operation won't have any problems in Syria's Ayn al-Arab as Russia also showed a positive approach," Erdoğan told reports ahead of his trip to Azerbaijan.

www.dailysabah.com...

4D chess my ass. Erdogan ain't stopping

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Trump is an utter fool. Doesnt know what hes doing and whoever thinks he does is an idiot like he is.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Keep in mind all these "atrocities" we hear about are from the MSM 😃

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: XCrycek

The Daily Sabah.

Great unbiased source for sure.

😃 🤣 😃

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

The Daily Sabah.

Great unbiased source for sure.

😃 🤣 😃

They are directly quoting what Erdogan said.

Here's aljazeera

www.aljazeera.com...

Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has shrugged off concerns over a Syrian army deployment along the border, as he indicated that Turkey's offensive against Kurdish fighters in northeast Syria will intensify.
"We are coordinating with the Russians," Erdogan said. "There is a lot of gossip now, but it seems ... there won't be any problem in Kobani with Russia's positive approach as of now."

So much winning
edit on 14-10-2019 by XCrycek because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 11:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Trump is an utter fool. Doesnt know what hes doing and whoever thinks he does is an idiot like he is.

Oh it's bad isn't it.

It's real bad 😃

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 11:46 PM
link   

el-jah-sewer is bad.

They are real bad 😎

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 11:53 PM
link   

el-jah-sewer is bad.

They are real bad 😎

They are quoting directly what Erdogan said, unlike the opinion piece you posted.

I could post a video of Erdogan saying all this and you would claim its deepfake.

Turkey will continue with military operations

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I hope this gets resolved quickly. I have been trying to discuss this with my daughter who believes that Trump betrayed the Kurds. Things have to be done properly with these kinds of things. Proper actions need to be implemented. If we stayed, we would be involved in yet another possible war and soldiers would have died. Maybe Trump has a lousy way of saying things but what is being done is most times proper. I have read a lot of articles on this and hidden in many was the fact that The Turkish military was going to start attacking whether we were there or not. The left around here isn't very smart, they automatically condemn the actions of Trump and in this case, some of our soldiers would have died needlessly. It takes time to get sanctions approved and worked out, it was slow, but it was done in a week.

That would have been an act of War against the US by Turkey. I don't think Turkey would have wanted to risk that.

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 12:00 AM
link   

deepfake

deepfake

👁️‍🗨️ 👃 👁️‍🗨️

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: harold223

That would have been an act of War against the US by Turkey. I don't think Turkey would have wanted to risk that.

So the US should of stayed and risked starting a war with a NATO partner? I don't think Turkey saw it as much of a risk. The US was not even there legally!

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: XCrycek

el-jah-sewer is bad.

They are real bad 😎

They are quoting directly what Erdogan said, unlike the opinion piece you posted.

I could post a video of Erdogan saying all this and you would claim its deepfake.

You didn't post video though. Even if you did it's irrelevant. Do you think he's going to advertise weakness?

The link in the OP has a video of Pence. Do you think it was a deepfake or, as I suspect, did you not bother to look at it and just use the source as a reason to discredit the OP?

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 12:08 AM
link   
This was always about appeasing the Turks so they would buy F-35s from the MIC.
edit on 15-10-2019 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 12:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
This was always about appeasing the Turks so they would buy F-35s from the MIC.

No, they were cut off from purchases due to them buying S-400's from Russia.

Stop spewing ignorance please.

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ksihkehe

originally posted by: XCrycek

el-jah-sewer is bad.

They are real bad 😎

You didn't post video though. Even if you did it's irrelevant. Do you think he's going to advertise weakness?

The link in the OP has a video of Pence. Do you think it was a deepfake or, as I suspect, did you not bother to look at it and just use the source as a reason to discredit the OP?

I discredit the op based on the conservative tree house way of reporting this. It's not a news site nor has Erdogan requested for peace talks with the Kurds.
Will you and the rest of cult 45 be here to addmit you were wrong when Turkish forces enter Kobani?
# no, you'll ignore it just like countless times before.
Erdogan ain't stopping, Russia is giving green light, Trump effed up when he announced withdrawal.
Every time Trump displays what an incomponent dimwit he is you guys are trying to spin it off as some kind of a mastermind move.
edit on 15-10-2019 by XCrycek because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

Really is that why when Lindsey Grahm was punked he was saying the Kurds were a threat and gushing about them buying the F-35.

Do you think we get even the base truth of these matters from WH statements and their prewritten statements? There is a whole world of dirty crap going on behind the scenes that we rarely get a glimpse of.

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 12:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars
a reply to: harold223

So the US should of stayed and risked starting a war with a NATO partner? I don't think Turkey saw it as much of a risk. The US was not even there legally!

It's called deterrence. Only a handful of troops can be enough to raise the stakes to such an extent that Turkey wouldn't dare risk making any moves. It's why they didn't move until the troops were clearing out.

Think Chess. The Troops I Northern Syria are a Pawn. They are in the way of another piece they want so they need to take the Pawn. But it puts them in the line of the Queen.
edit on 15-10-2019 by harold223 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join