It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking for a superb ATS burger. Who knws what goes in it?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Dear ATS brothers and sisters,

Am I the only one or do other people also have from time to time these particular morning cravings. Well, this morning when I got out of bed and did my morning routine...you know shaving, coffee, news..ect, ect..I had this sudden hamburger wish. I rarely go to the McDonalds but know how wonderfull their burgers can be. So..why not make them myself was my thought.

My idea was to go to the supermarket and buy the minced beef, some dedicated spices, cheese and all the healty stuff that goes on it. But I got stuck with the spices.. I could google for some ideas but then I would still not know if it will be a good burger.

But then EUREKA... there are some really good cooks in my ATS family, why not ask them what I need to flip a promising and good burger.

Okay any biters..?

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: zatara

If your going for McDonalds patty seasoning, it seems like it's just salt and pepper mostly.

The sauce will be most important.
I'd go 1000 island with some minced bread and butter pickles. Throw a lil bit of the juice in too.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 01:15 PM
link   

I only use salt and pepper when making burgers. I like to grind a mix of brisket, short rib and chuck.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I only use salt and pepper when making burgers. I like to grind a mix of brisket, short rib and chuck.

There's a place who uses that grind mix here on fresh brioche buns.

My favorite one that they have has good thick cut crispy bacon, home made pimento cheese, and deep fried jalepeno caps.

The other favorite spot in town has a burger that has house ground mix, crispy bacon, blue cheese, lettuce, caramelized onions, tomato (I do grilled Serrano peppers instead), and kind of like a ranch type sauce.
edit on 14-10-2019 by CriticalStinker because: forgot blue cheese on the second burger, sometimes a burger with blue cheese is the only burger that will hit the spot for me.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Try better than McDonalds.
Use some coriander, ground dry mustard, fennel seed, salt and pepper. A little goes a long ways with the spices.
Serve the burger with fried bacon and cheese on it.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Brioche bun works for me.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 01:23 PM
link   

I don't usually put any spice other than salt and pepper on my burgers.

I do have one tip for you though. It's not how McDonald's does it, but it's the secret ingredient to the famed In & Out Burger's burgers. Squirt some regular yellow mustard on the griddle before you throw the burger on it. Cooking the burger in the mustard gives the burger a very unique and delicious flavor. Then spread some special sauce on the bottom bun. Then put the tomato, lettuce and pickle on the bun (in that order), then the burger (cheese side up). Don't put any special sauce on the top bun. You just made the best burger you'll ever eat!

In & Out Burger Special sauce:

-Ketchup
-Sweet relish
-Mayo
-and a pinch of salt

I could eat fifty of those things!! Well, maybe not 50, but a lot.

ETA - Squirt some more yellow mustard on the griddle when you flip the burger too. So both sides cook in the mustard.

edit on 10/14/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Nothing.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I have started using only salt and pepper for 99% of grilled beef. I really like the charred beef to speak for it self these days.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Def gonna try that one

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 01:36 PM
link   

What we do is have the whole animal ground. It's the best ground beef you'll ever taste. It's got everything from brisket to tenderloin in it. This is how we process our older cows.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 01:38 PM
link   

When I was a kid, we would grind a whole hog into sausage. Makes really good sausage.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage

I tried for years to unlock the In & Out Burger secrets. There's no other burger like it. Unfortunately they don't have any of them here though, only CA and I think they've got some now in FL.

I've finally got it now. Took me a while to figure it out though. You can stand right there and watch them and still not figure it out.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 01:42 PM
link   

I like to use minced beef and add some greasy smoked pork bits to the mix, and chipotle.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

What we do is have the whole animal ground. It's the best ground beef you'll ever taste. It's got everything from brisket to tenderloin in it. This is how we process our older cows.

Makes sense.

It's like having a pork shoulder smoked perfectly, but then having someones whole hog pulled pork. The two are quite different.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 01:48 PM
link   

I could tell you, but then I would be divulging my trade secrets.

Do you like bacon? because putting a 1lb package of fresh (uncooked) thick-cut, peppered bacon in a blender and adding it afterwards to 1lb of 85/15 ground beef is a magical thing that will surpass most spices you could add.

Grill that bad boy up on a charcoal grill (preferably medium as opposed to rare due to the pork), toss on a bun, topped with a couple of french fries, lettuce, red onion, and some Stubbs spicy bbq sauce, and you have just created one of my locally famous 50/50 BBQ Burgers (TM).

If you add the right ingredients, you don't even need any seasoning - the food does all the talking.

Besides salt. Always need salt, that brings out the natural flavor of the meat.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I add Dales to my hamburg, before patting it up.

I love Dales on everything.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: caterpillage

I tried for years to unlock the In & Out Burger secrets. There's no other burger like it. Unfortunately they don't have any of them here though, only CA and I think they've got some now in FL.

I've finally got it now. Took me a while to figure it out though. You can stand right there and watch them and still not figure it out.

Sounds good, i think that's whats for dinner tonight,

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 01:54 PM
link   

80% elk, 20% bacon ground together.

Season to taste.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Yes..the burger "secrets" are coming in. Just salt and pepper should be enough to have a tasty burger but it is often that little extra that make you want to come back for an other.

Butcherguy and Flyingclaydisck gave me some inspiration with the use of mustard. I know that my mom use mustard in her meatballs so that should be good.. I am sure that ATS-ers reading this thread will also benifit from all the ideas and tips presented here.

Looking forward to more recipes...

@ DBCowboy, Elk..? That will be a hard one to taste, no elk available in the dutch supermarket.

@ dothedew, I salivate..

edit on 14/10/2019 by zatara because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join