It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question: Can Residual Hauntings Be Created in a Controlled Process

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Here is some information related to the discussion.

This article's theory begins with these tidbits. . .

the newly developed technology of a quartz disc that can [store] 260 TB for an infinite about of time . . . A laser is pulsated into the quartz to write the data into the quartz chip.

Residual haunting usually stems from high emotional and traumatic events. For example, the Gettysburg Battle Field has hundreds of reported experiences of people who see parts of the battle play out right before their very eyes.

This author goes on to say . . .

I don’t believe that a residual haunting always has to a terrible event. It could be the result of the habits of the people that live at a location.

and ends with this connection to the earlier statement. . .

In my conclusion, residual haunting occurs because an event is recorded into the quartz crystal laced soil itself. That is why some haunting continue even after a building structure is gone. The spirits or “recorded” events have not become connected to the buildings; they are connected to the soil (or what is in the soil).

Residual Haunting, a Theory

Here is a definition from the National Paranormal Society webpage where they also make connections to electromagnetic fields and crystals as a storage medium.

They are repeated playbacks of auditory, visual, smell, and other sensory phenomena that are attributed to a traumatic event, life-altering event, or a routine event of a person or place, like an echo or a replay of a videotape of past events. Initial factors in the creation of a residual event range from repetitive to traumatic events.

Here is the Stone Tape Theory . . .

this theory follows that a particular event, often a strong, emotional or tragic event, may be captured within some physical means or perhaps ‘psychically’ etched within or upon the structural framework of a particular location.

Residual Haunting

Here is a link to an article about what minerals likely hold a residual haunt.

Rocks-Minerals Residual Haunting
edit on 16-10-2019 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Added a link

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 01:32 AM
link   
It seems that there are many suggested sources of energy that may imprint a residual haunting that include, EMF waves, emotions, and repeated activities. The only consistent factors are that an event took place in the past and someone in the future at the place where the event occurred becomes aware of the event like they were witnessing it happen.

Perhaps the kinetic or mechanical energy of an event is what actually makes the impression, then another type of energy actives or replays it. Perhaps it is not any physical material like quartz that receives the impression, but space itself is the medium holding the residual haunt.
edit on 16-10-2019 by MichiganSwampBuck because: For Clarity

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Interesting discussion.

So my thoughts are in regard to a residual haunting that occurs not because of an extreme emotional event, but because of a repetitive event that occurred in a person's lifetime, repeating over and over again like a broken record.

I wonder if that repeated event or repetitious action was caused onto that person b/c the energy for the repetition was already present. In that it had an effect on the person, therefore the person got prompted into action toward doing this repetitive event never the wiser to the situation or to the force that drew them into it.

In this scenario, it is a repetitive energy that would already exist in the field that the person comes into contact with and gets stuck.

leolady

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: leolady

Interesting idea, the impression causes the event, not the other way around. A which came first scenario.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck
Reminds me of the movie hhigh spirits with Daryl Hannah
We know there are other paranormal energies out there and
It has been studied greatly, e.g. Jungs seminal work described
In his book psychology and the occult. However Aliens are more
Important just now, science is kept in heel to that which is occult.
We are walking capitalist paths like zombies, blinded from the
Truth with barrage after barrage of distractions.

Anyway back to fortnite for me

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Well, as an actual science experiment, we could find some place like an old abandoned bunker and take very precise measurements as to all the electromagnetic field activity in it, as well as measurements of acoustic stuff like low frequency transmission, to establish a baseline. Then we trap some people in there and torture them and kill them, and then take those same measurements to see if anything has changed as a result of the torture and murder. Maybe we do this a few hundred times to make sure we have a big enough sample. Then we'll see what we got.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
Well, as an actual science experiment, we could find some place like an old abandoned bunker and take very precise measurements as to all the electromagnetic field activity in it, as well as measurements of acoustic stuff like low frequency transmission, to establish a baseline. Then we trap some people in there and torture them and kill them, and then take those same measurements to see if anything has changed as a result of the torture and murder. Maybe we do this a few hundred times to make sure we have a big enough sample. Then we'll see what we got.

achtung

posted on Oct, 19 2019 @ 09:26 AM
link   
For those of you who insist on the need for using pain, blood and death to create a residual haunting, then there are ready made facilities that could fill the bill. Slaughter houses, animal shelters, hospital ERs, and hospice centers could provide the conditions necessary to study live data on what factors may contribute to residual haunts.

For the study of repetitive action events as a residual haunt, that experiment could be completely controlled and reproduced.

First things first though. Residual haunting phenomenon case studies must be done to determine common factors that include time, place, percentage of different absorption materials, presence of active energy fields, repetitions, emotional states, etc. A theory must be developed to then create the experiments necessary to support or refute the thesis.

posted on Apr, 27 2020 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
Don't know. If energetic personality matrices had a tendency to attach themselves to places or objects as a kind of residual effect, then it seems like there would be more places that are extremely heavily haunted. Like the Emergency Rooms in most hospitals. People are always dying there, and in very traumatic ways. Seems like your average Emergency Room would be so thick with ghosts you'd have to shove them aside to get work done. Also churches. People pouring out there emotions in churches would seem to make them ideal places for ghosts to set up shop, but churches don't seem to be any more haunted than your average old Victorian house.

Anyway, there doesn't seem to always be a strong correlation between heavy emotional energy and residual haunting. Maybe there are some other factors involved, but what those are are anybody's guess.

Well, it took awhile to get to me without any research what so ever, but here you go . . .

30 Doctors And Nurses Paranormal Experiences

posted on May, 7 2020 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Also, what about the Scole Experiment? Very well documented case in UK where a ghost was "manufactured".

edit on 7-5-2020 by kiro8lak because: Typos

edit on 7-5-2020 by kiro8lak because: Typos

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: kiro8lak

I'm looking into that study right now. But without digging yet, I believe your are referring to a "thought form" that people actively give "life" to, not a residual haunting that is a passive manifestation due to the energy incidentally impressed on a location.

After looking over their website, it looks like they are after scientific evidence of mind over matter more than anything else, at least they were initially. Reading further down it seems they became more like a new age cult that deals with spiritualism. Just the fact that they are producing a movie makes me even more skeptical of their use of new age jargon like "creative energy" and this idea of "spirit communicators" being involved. That stuff is pretty far out there even for me, but their experiments are somewhat related to the original post, ie. that energy from humans impresses reality without any apparent physical interaction.

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I don´t have a link right now, but check out the Philip case in Canada, I think. . . a ghost who never existed but was created.

posted on Sep, 17 2020 @ 12:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: kiro8lak

Also, what about the Scole Experiment? Very well documented case in UK where a ghost was "manufactured".

Just to correct my od post. . . it was the Philip case, not the Scole experiment.

posted on Mar, 3 2023 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I'd be more interested in knowing what can disperse a residual haunting if such a thing exists.
edit on 3-3-2023 by Solvedit because: redirect

posted on Mar, 3 2023 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Residual hauntings probably don't play in the open as its own "hologram", they probably play in the minds of whomever is within proximity, sensitive enough, and on the right "channel" to read the frequency.

In what ever residual energy left in my opinion is more likely brain frequency and less likely some energetic remnant of physical movements.

honestly all my theories are most definitely wrong.
it would take some unknown physics to understand what is being imprinted and how whatever is storing the imprinted information is doing it, do all materials have an absorptive quality to psychic energy.
or does it linger in the atmosphere somehow in the same point in space around a rock moving through space rotating at incredible speeds through space/time, just seems physically impossible.

Always brings me back to what happens to our soul question after we die.
Does it stay with this moving ball of rock and water somehow or does it get dumped at 0 mph relative space time watching the earth rocket away a thousands of mph.

If it stays with earth does that mean our soul energy and imprints are affected by gravity and physical things like wind? if so how is that possible? is there a tethered energetic equivalent to gravity and atmosphere that is represented in the energetic realm?

Or is everything so complex that its untouchable in some unobservable dimension...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join