It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ABC Uses US Gun Range Video On Newscast Claiming It Was Turkey Bombing Kurds In Syria

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 08:56 AM
link   
And many here still claim these networks as unbiased delivery of truth.

They all lie to hold our opinions captive and are quite good at it.

a reply to: shawmanfromny

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Mistake? LOL ya I highly doubt it and even if it is a mistake that is inexcusable. News is supposed to be factual which means they are supposed to fact check before throwing it out in the public. They still F'd up whether it was purposely done or poorly researched.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 04:08 PM
link   
They apologized, but I wonder how many "Mistakes" never got caught. When you take a fireball out of the movie Batman and overlay it on Syrian background. How can a mistake happen like that if it wasn't intentional? Like Obama's birth certificate passed on as real with multiple layers digitally painted on it and a "security" paper background that is right out of a graphics program. You can't trust anything digitally really, and you can't take an official paper and snap a photo of it and pass it on as real either. What makes it real is the raised fibers and embossing with a seal and a notary/number signature that can be tracked. Laser water marks and seals etc. There are a lot of people out there that don't know real. One time I had a place that would not accept a real passport and even claimed it was fake. Little do they realize you have to show a license, birth certificate, proof of address etc to get a damn passport. Many years before laser holograms and all that came out I had a place turn down a official birth certificate "copy" plain white paper embossed with state seal and signed by the state and they wouldn't accept it. So I had to fill out for a NEW birth certificate at my cost and what did I get? A book-stock piece of paper with big black print on it and a red letter numbers matching the same numbers in their file and a digitized signature of the notary. WOW somehow that makes it real and official. Give it another 10-20 years and the new one I got will be called Fake too! It's all about the perpetual fee's and gimmicks to bring in revenue. Like car registration tags every 2 years.
edit on 16-10-2019 by sean because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-10-2019 by sean because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I appreciate the OP for not being eyes-wide-shut
when it comes to the methods of Media
misdirection and manipulation.

Unfortunately the masters of misinformation
will keep the masses misinformed from the
fact nothing is ever reported without
first being tested.

This is just another ploy and extenuation
of U.S./Mossad/British intelligence
failed policy and contrived context
for regime change in Syria.

I would trust a talking cock-a-roach
before ever trusting the media.

Pathological liars would be
an understatement for these
people.

edit on 10/16/2019 by MrBlaq because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: sean

They apologized, but I wonder how many "Mistakes" never got caught.

I don't think it was a mistake. I think they just used stock footage for visuals, as usual. I guess the mistake was thinking that, in this day and age of "fake news" people would demand better.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

I don't think it was a mistake. I think they just used stock footage for visuals, as usual. I guess the mistake was thinking that, in this day and age of "fake news" people would demand better.

Better, like in the actual facts? As opposed to using the Hollywood approach to news?

Yeah, news should be factual, not contrived, created, nor sensationalized. The closer we get to that ideal, the better off everyone would be to get actual NEWS and not "Reality News" (which is such a misnomer word since it is so far from reality).

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 09:44 AM
link   

They specifically said on air it was footage of a current strike on a city in Syria....that isn't a mistake.

posted on Oct, 17 2019 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Not stock footage but simply lifted from a Turkish News Agency. It happens all the time with fast moving stories. Think about a military clueless ABC researcher stumbling upon the following and running with it. That is all it takes!

The stills used in the story are from the Knob Creek video.

Turkish news agency story link

Video from the Turkish News Agency. Knob Creek footage from 0:41 passed off as Turkish military offensive on town of Tel Abyad.

edit on 17/10/2019 by tommyjo because: Spelling

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join