It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In search of evidence.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 02:33 AM
link   
I've experienced strange phenomenon throughout this blink of time I've existed, and wouldn't you know it I've never been able to obtain proof. My excuses run wide and long.

Saw a ghost in Tennessee and was caught off guard before I could realize I just saw the wispy upper torso of a native american woman floating off to my right staring off into the distance.

Seen plenty of UFOs while I've been driving and for some reason the only thing that goes through my mind is "Well, isn't that something.

Almost crashed into a bigfoot type creature in Virginia as it ran across the highway. I went to stop and when I heard my ex-wife screaming I realized what I was actually seeing I stomped the gas pedal, and got out of there as fast as I could.

Seen strange water creatures while fishing on Lake Michigan, Percy Priest, and all around Louisiana. Seen strange lights under the water in the Atlantic.

I've had my fair share of unfamiliar wildlife cries and tracks in the forests throughout the states.

Seen some strange things all over Europe. Italy, France, Germany, Russia. They weren't really paranormal, just kind of sketchy - more of a people thing.

Haven't really spent a lot of time in any Asian countries, but over in Australia I did see a few strange things I can't explain.

And what all of these examples share is that I wasn't able to take a photo or a video. I don't touch my phone when I'm driving.

Australia, I was in the middle of nowhere and my phone was dead, my dslr was dead, and I had left my back up battery in its charger.

The bigfoot thing. I hope you can understand that when you see something that you think is a big deer and then it's a big furry homeless man, to a big fookin what the hell is that to a little woman grabbing a hold of you and screaming in your ear that taking a picture was the last thing on my mind.

I'm currently in the United States, and I'm not planning on leaving any time soon. I'm trying to find a place to put some roots down. I'm going to post a general area where I am currently residing and if you know of any paranormal or unexplained stuff that you want checked out or if you have a story to share I want to do what I can to find proof. I've got digital cameras, film cameras, a 4k capable UAV, audio recording devices, and an odd assortment of other equipment.

So here goes. I am currently in Middle Tennessee. I've got a trip to Milwaukee, Wisconsin coming up. So, if there is anything between here and there I'm up for that too.

Heck, even if you want to tell me about some stuff somewhere I'm not currently at I can put it down on a list to get to.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Good luck with your quest. If you live in a rural area, investing in a wildlife camera might provide some interesting photos even if it is nothing paranormal.

I hear you about where one's mind is at when one sees something unusual. Easier to ask why a photo wasn't taken than to think of taking one when a fleeting opportunity shows up.

Cheers

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 03:00 AM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

Very true. I used to have a few of those. Unfortunately there is some gear sacrificing that goes on when everything I own has to fit in a car. You get far more interesting photos putting them in well disguised spots in the more urban settings.

Note to self: Invest in a van. Maybe I'll stencil "'Myname' Paranormal Investigation" on it lol.

Speaking of which I wonder if there are any established paranormal type investigators where I'm located. I know there used to be probably about ten years or so ago. I'll look into it tomorrow at some point.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 05:01 AM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1

Here is the thing..

The supernatural breaks the laws of physics...

If there is a legit haunted house , it breaks the laws of physics and thus literally the most valuable piece of property on the planet...

There would just be constant offers for documentaries and scientific studies... hell it would start religions..

Is that what we see happening????

No

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 05:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: JustJohnny
Here is the thing..

The supernatural breaks the laws of physics...

"Any sufficient enough technology is indistinguishable from magic, for the unknowing eye."

Not saying it is robots and stuff but technology bases on physics. Just because we cannot explain it yet, does not mean it is supernatural and breaking physics. I am not saying it cannot be for example souls or ghosts or choose whatever. Just saying that the idea that they need to break physic laws, is ignorant.

We do not know, what we do not know.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 07:42 AM
link   

I love your stories but I have to be honest with you that you may be the worse UFO and strange phenomena researcher on the planet. I think you need to get one of these:

www.amazon.com...=lp_10048714011_1_11?s=photo&ie=UTF8&qid=1571056840&sr=1-11

Or this one:

www.amazon.com...

And wear around your neck like necklace!

I live in New Jersey. The strangest thing I've seen lately is Jalapeno everything bagel. With cream cheese it was like a disco party in my mouth!

edit on 14-10-2019 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 08:21 AM
link   

If you are ever without a camera again in your life you're a moron. You're a magnet for strange occurrences. You might as well get famous for it if you have to live with the craziness anyway.

Oh, and pics or it didn't happen, dude!!

You know that!

It's the time honored ATS tradition...

edit on 10/14/2019 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Interesting that you mentioned a wispy upper torso, because i have seen ghosts that have this quality, their arms disappear below the elbow and legs below the knee.

Maybe start looking for similarities and create a theory? Might find the evidence you are looking for.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Thanks for the input so far everyone. I know.. I know.. you'd think after the first few times I'd have learned to keep a camera around with a fully charged battery that's constantly on or something, but I'll take the heat. I've had some good opportunities to catch some weird stuff on camera, but I guess you could say I've always just been a live in the moment kind of guy, but I'm trying to change all that in all aspects of my life.

That's part of the reason why I'm doing this. I'm in a transitionary period in my life, and I want to take a chance and do something that I've never gotten around to doing, and yeah technology is a bugger, and maybe I'll never get a clear photo or video of something, but it's worth trying. Maybe I'll be at the right spot at the right time to get something spooky in my viewfinder, and learn that the film got messed up, or the video got fried, or whatever. But hey, I don't know anyone else who is willing to say screw it and do it.

After spending the first part of the day dealing with some job and college searching. I started looking around for any local haunts.

There's a cemetary in Murfreesboro I might check out. Actually there's a lot of old Confederate cemetaries that might be worth checking out. There's the Tennessee State Prison, the fabled Bell Witch supposedly haunts a cave in Adams, TN.

I looked to see if there were any active paranormal groups, but unfortunately couldn't find anything.

I just want to try. Ya know? I'm not looking for fame or to get on TV or anything. I just really want to be able to go into a search for something geared and prepared and mentally prepared to catch something on camera.

No gimmicks, no lame shakey camera, no "Oh look! It's RIGHT THERE! YOU SEE IT?" When there's nothing obvious to look at. My goal isn't to capture pareidolia.

I want to try to capture actual, non-edited evidence and post it right here on ATS for us all to cross-examine. I'll take the trolls and debunkers that come with the territory. As long as I put a genuine effort into I can at least say I've tried. It's not worth creating fakes for me. That's just fraudulent and I won't gain anything out of that.
edit on 14-10-2019 by AutomateThis1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-10-2019 by AutomateThis1 because: I put too instead of to, and it was really buggin me.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

That's fair lol. I'll take that in stride. I'm going to look into getting a body cam when I get a reliable source of income established.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 10:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Riffrafter

If you are ever without a camera again in your life you're a moron. You're a magnet for strange occurrences. You might as well get famous for it if you have to live with the craziness anyway.

Oh, and pics or it didn't happen, dude!!

You know that!

It's the time honored ATS tradition...

These comments have me grinning. Thanks. Once I get some leads coming in I'll definitely be in the mindset to maybe catch something. I really want to have some good stuff to upload so we can have a good conversation about it and maybe at least have some laughs along the way.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 11:17 PM
link   
a reply to: solve

That was actually the only time I saw a ghost like that. Usually I just get a spooky feeling, which I tend to dismiss. I've experienced other types of occurences akin to poltergeist activity, but you can't pull a camera out take a picture of something on the ground and make a trustworthy claim that it was previously sittting on a counter and fell off on it's on accord.

I've seen spirit orbs (for a lack of better description). I was once burying my neighbors cat that had been run over, and I had this weird sensation to look up. Almost like something had grab me by the hair on the back of the head and trying to get me to look up. When I did. I saw a ball of white light up in the air. It was stationary at first, but when I saw it. I got this feeling of surprise from it almost like I caught it off guard just by seeing it. It bolted off and it disappeared by shrinking until it was nothing.

I've seen my fair share of meteorites burning up in the atmosphere and this was similar, but different. It disappeared more like it was shrinking and it didn't leave a tail. Also it wasn't a straight line, but a curvy path.

I'm pretty sure at one point I had a dog that was possessed. If anything it was almost a demonic sort of vibe I got from it. This dog wasn't aggressive, but it would play with you like it knew how to convey a sense of intellect that I wouldn't suspect from the smartest of dogs.

My parents kept it in the backyard and on a chain. I always avoided it the best I could because it would run around me and wrap my legs up in the chain and I would fall. The dog would be far enough away to keep tension on the chain and since I was a small child and it was a big dog I would have to struggle to get out of the chain. It would just sit there and look at me in the creepiest of ways. Like there was just something about that dog. It never growled or was outright aggressive. His style of "playing" was just creepy.

Well one day my farther was doing some work to the backyard, and moved the doghouse and dog out in the front yard. And I could see it from my window, and every time I would look out my window he would be sitting there staring at me. I pleaded with both of my parents to move him somewhere else, but my father wasn't having it.

Well night came, and I just knew he was sitting there staring at me, so I went to go look out the window, and he wasn't there. I noticed that the dog house had moved closer in front of my window and the darkness that was the inside of the doghouse held two glowing red eyes. I went over to my parents room, and knocked until my mom opened the door.

I told her that there was something wrong with the dog and that it's eyes were glowing red. My parents were already used to me seeing weird stuff all the time, so my dad went out to check on the dog.

I went out with him and stood on the front porch while he went out to the doghouse to see what was going on, and he called the dog, but he wasn't coming out. My dad started pulling om the dog chain and more and more chain started coming out until the end of the chain came out. My dad just stood there with the end of the chain in his hand. There was no collar, so it was like the chain undid itself from the collar.

My dad dropped the chain, came back to the house, and said let's go back to sleep. The dog must have gotten loose.

The next day the dog came back the next morning, but my dad immediately gave it away.

I remember these strange pastel colored balls with tendrils that would float and roll around, and I used to play with them. One day they just disappeared. Many years later I asked my mother is she remembered that, and she said she did. I asked her if she knew what they were and she said she couldn't really remember. I asked her again a few weeks later and she flat out told me to never ask her about them again.

When I was still a toddler I was playing with some toys, and I had that same type of sensation that made me look, and up un the corner of the room where two walls meet the ceiling there was instead a spinning disc of red and black that was swirling like smoke in a mirror. I went to my mother to tell her about it, and when we both went back into the room it was gone.

I remember that as one my earliest "spooky" memories, and the first one where my parents took me seriously and had someone who researched that type of stuff to come to the house and talk to me. I don't remember any of the conversation, but I remember he believed me, and I feel it helped me be confident in myself. I guess that's why my first response is always along the lines of appreciating witnessing weird occurrences.

Oh, I remember this one time also as a child there was a flash of bright light outside my window, but I was already half asleep. So, my natural curiosity took a backseat. When I woke up it felt like my shoulders were burning, so I looked down, and was horrified to see the skin there bubbling as if I were actually burning. I yelled for my mother, and she took me to get looked at. I remember the doctor being really perplexed about it, and not having an explanation for it. My mother asked if it was a bacterial infection or something akin. The doctor said that it wasn't and that it was more like a severe sunburn. I was given some ointment, and we were sent on our way.

The weird thing is that it was Autumn, and that it had been cloudy and cool for weeks, so I was bundled up in extra layers. I told my mother about the bright light the night before and she just said to think nothing of it.

I mean I could go on and on lol.

But this is about my quest for evidence to provide for us to dig into. I could talk about my weird experiences all night long, but without proof they're just neat stories to entertain people with. So, again if anyone knows of some spooky places in Tennessee let me know, and if anyone knows of any locals here that have done some searching and/or might be part of a paranormal team let me know. I'm not asking to meet anyone in person. I respect the whole anonymous confidential thing, but e-mail or such is just fine to me.

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Alright well some suggestions would be nice. Like I said I'm up to travel. I love travelling around. It's not like I'm asking for money or anything.

But if no one is going to offer up some suggestions I guess I'll just go to the usual haunts.

I was really hoping to hear of some spots that aren't as well known.

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 11:13 PM
link   
There are some documented phenomenon often involving wars under certain conditions the people of Dieppe swear they can hear that ww2 battle being replayed,others in where old Germania was swear they've seen a Roman legion on the march.Then of course there is all the civil war stuff.My pet theory is that very strong emotions and events may leave some form of photographic and/or sound recording which under certain conditions replay.Its not an area of science that has been seriously researched but we do know with Kirlian photography 'ghost' limbs show up

posted on Jan, 11 2020 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: khnum

Huh. I'm familiar with Kirlian photography and have always wanted to try it out, but I didn't know they had captured ghost limbs. I'll need to check that out.

I'm currently in Middle Tennessee, so there is a lot of supposed Civil War ghost stuff, but I've never seen or captured evidence.

I've gone to some houses that had the occupants complaining of paranormal stuff hapoening, but upon staying over a few nights I was able to deduce it down to the house just being old.

One family had tried to tell me their poltergeist experiences was coming from their kid, but honestly he was just a brat, and their whole family was on edge because they were spazzed out from arguing all the time.

I have a hard time for some reason explaining to people what I'm about because I do believe that there are things out there that are more or less paranormal, but at the same time I'm a pretty big sceptic.

top topics

join