It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should Christianity/Christian Churches refuse people who have committed the worst crimes????

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 05:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Joecroft
a reply to: Raggedyman

Originally posted by Raggedyman
Just being silly, no one walks into a church and says “ I am a murderer/rapist/child molester, just talking nonsense

If that’s the case then they’re clearly not repenting lol to their brothers and sisters…

- JC

Why do they have to do that Joe?
Don’t understand your point, what are you saying

Christians have to tell everyone their sins, really? Why?

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Just being silly, no one walks into a church and says “ I am a murderer/rapist/child molester, just talking nonsense

Originally posted by Joecroft
If that’s the case then they’re clearly not repenting lol to their brothers and sisters…

It was kind of a light hearted joke tbh…

But seriously…

Think about it!!!

- JC

Edit To Add – James 5:16 “Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.”

edit on 15-10-2019 by Joecroft because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 06:09 AM
link   
The crux of the matter is pretty simple; God wants people to change!!!…and not just accept a Religion blindly…thinking they are “saved” because of whatever/whichever theology is convenient or popular at the time.

Ultimately it doesn’t matter if people reject you or accept you; which they could do for the wrong reasons anyway…All that matters is that God accepts you.

But God only accepts people for the right reasons…Geniune change has to come from within imo

Like a few other posters have said “God sees the heart” There’s just no faking it in the eyes God.

- JC

edit on 15-10-2019 by Joecroft because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 07:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Joecroft

What are you talking about..

Faith by definition is blind.. that is the point. You believe in something you cannot see to confirm.

About it mattering what people thiink, who do you think wrote, translated and interpreted the Bible you see today??

People .. who thought a certain way..

It blows my mind that religious people can acknowledge modern Christianity looks nothing like the Christianity of the previous 2,000 years and still I’ll think the modern interpretation was the right one all along..

That is sooo egotistical..

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Joecroft

Originally posted by Joecroft

It was kind of a light hearted joke tbh…

But seriously…

Think about it!!!

- JC

Edit To Add – James 5:16 “Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective.”

Sorry missed the light hearted jab, just so many people say really silly stuff about Christian beliefs and they are so not true , so, kinda off a bit

Yes the book of James is right but not saying that anyone has to go into church and verbalise all their sins to everyone, Christians are not that nice, judgemental lot that we are

👍

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

I don’t consider “because Jesus said so” as a good enough reason to ignore a child murderers past and even accept him into the flock..

I find that and many other tenets of Christianity are just blatantly illogical if not down right dangerous..

And it sure is funny that every single one of those tenants benefits the powers that be and tell the peasants to deal with their crap and just take it...

“Give unto ceaser what is ceasers”. Aka pay your taxes..

Why does god want you to pay your taxes to an evil empire?!?!

I’m not saying god should have said “do not pay your taxes “ either, But why does god care about tax policy???

Sure is convenient for those collecting taxes though

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Talk about a ridiculous deflection..

Of course Christians do not tell every sin before joining a church...

But when you find out later the new guy is a child molester, there is no need to let him keep coming.

If someone lies or omits, then how would the church be responsible for their past actions?!?!

They wouldn’t..

But when they know and still choose to play the “Jesus forgives “ game..

Then they do take responsibility for anyone they hurt in that church.. or do to the connection s made because of the church..

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: JustJohnny

So anyone that joins any organisation, secular or religious organisations has a duty of disclosure?
Really?
Where is that in the law system?

The church has and enacts a duty of care and the legal system demands it as do the people in the church, one would hope. (Except Jehovah witnesses who don’t care about their kids?)

What do you think should happen, churches, schools, in secular organisations as well. A friend of mine was abused as a child by a school teacher, so off your hi horse, it’s not just religious people who sexually abuse children, not just in churches, it happens where ever children are
Ludicrous argument again by an atheist or whatever you are JJ

Do you apply though before commenting?

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: JustJohnny
a reply to: JDmOKI

I don’t consider “because Jesus said so” as a good enough reason to ignore a child murderers past and even accept him into the flock..

I find that and many other tenets of Christianity are just blatantly illogical if not down right dangerous..

And it sure is funny that every single one of those tenants benefits the powers that be and tell the peasants to deal with their crap and just take it...

“Give unto ceaser what is ceasers”. Aka pay your taxes..

Why does god want you to pay your taxes to an evil empire?!?!

I’m not saying god should have said “do not pay your taxes “ either, But why does god care about tax policy???

Sure is convenient for those collecting taxes though

What a childish comment, what a childish interpretation of the bible, what an infintile comment.
Jesus was saying He wasn’t interested in money and giving it to the Pharisees/church was not the calling. Giving your heart to God was Christ’s message. We are created in God’s image, give ourselves to God, money was not important.

Another atheist butchering up the teachings of the bible because he was taught it on the Internet by an atheist youtube channel and thinks he knows everything.

Well done JJ, your ignorance is typical

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 01:54 PM
link   

wow Raggedyman... your condescending, self righteous posts are getting a little hard to take. I think the OP has some valid questions and I feel his frustration for what he perceives as a get out of jail free card , that could potentially put other innocent victims at risk.

Please try and be a bit more understanding of a person who is looking for common sense and fairness in a book you profess to know better than anyone here.

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

Lol common sense from a conservative On ATS ?!?!

Lol now that is a joke..

They don’t care about intentions or logic.. they only care about keeping the Fox News Propaganda bubble From popping..

Because if they admit to themselves how easily and badly they have been played... oof that would sting.

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 02:11 PM
link   

I have heard COUNTLESS preachers and other religious big wigs specifically reference “give unto ceaser what is ceasers” concerning taxes and following other man made laws..

That is the mainstream interpretation..

I mean sure you might feel all superior like “I know more than everyone “, but that is hilarious

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Lol common sense from a conservative On ATS ?!?!

Lol now that is a joke..

They don’t care about intentions or logic.. they only care about keeping the Fox News Propaganda bubble From popping..

Because if they admit to themselves how easily and badly they have been played... oof that would sting.

Sorry , but from my perspective it’s the libs that have blinders on to the truth. Odd you are a liberal and fighting for criminal justice and longer incarceration...not something AOC is fighting for.

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 02:36 PM
link   
IMO, if you're going to preach forgiveness, leave the ultimate dregs of society to the deity. It's not the practitioner's place to forgive the pedo, the serial killer, etc. Those who's missions in life are to utterly torment and destroy others starting at their souls outward don't deserve that effort. And it's a burden on normal folks that's not even close to fair.

They'll get their justice if you're right anyway. Just take a neutral stance. Don't help, but don't hurt, either. Those types aren't remotely the same as a reformed thief or junkie, or a reformed wife/kid beater genuinely trying to make peace and be better.

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 02:56 PM
link   

No one is fighting for less time for pedophiles and other violent offenders...

That is conservative propaganda meant to fool stupid people..

Liberals are fighting to stop incarceration of NONVIOLENT drug offenders in large part specifically to double down on the violent crimes..

That is conservatism 101... pretend your opponent supports an unsupportable position and debate that instead of what they actually proposed..

Liberals want to sift through the illegals caught here and keep the good ones..

The gop rebuttal?? They want open boarders and rapists and murders!!!

Kapernick kneels to protest police brutality and accountability??

The gop rebuttal?? He hates the military!!!

Liberals want abortion to be legal and accessible, but no one really supports late term abortions and such..

Rebuttal?? They want abortion till the last second!!!

They know they lose debating the actual thing proposed, so they change it to an argument they cannot lose..

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

But what if religion is fake...

Then your just helping a pedophile and/or child murder look better to the rest of society...

If religion is not real, then they will not be painting in the afterlife ... they only pay what we make them pay here..

Which is something I think most Christians miss when considering the “faith>works” doctrine..

If there is no heaven or hell, and the Jews had neither..

Then none of the people we point at and say “god will judge th later!” Are judges later... They all just walk.

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 03:09 PM
link   

I’d address each of the points you made because I don’t think they are an accurate assessment of how the gop or the dnc think.

But this is going off topic .. so let’s leave it be for this thread.

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 03:17 PM
link   

I don't think you understand the context of giving to ceasers what is ceasers and the people that abuse Christian teaching as not being very Christian.

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Christianity looks different all over the world.

We have Passion of the Christ. They live it in the Philippines on the yearly basis.

But the core message is always the same: Jesus Christ is Salvation. He died for our sins that we may be reconciled to God and made acceptable in our imperfection. He was resurrected, conquering death.

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 09:48 PM
link   

I have heard COUNTLESS preachers and other religious big wigs specifically reference “give unto ceaser what is ceasers” concerning taxes and following other man made laws..

That is the mainstream interpretation..

I mean sure you might feel all superior like “I know more than everyone “, but that is hilarious

Well JJ you might follow that teaching because you are just that type of person and good luck to you
But you are wrong, Jesus was never interested in Rome, the Judaic system, building an empire, money, taxes, all the irrelevant, Jesus was interested in people and it doesn’t take a genius with a hi iq to see that

You have had countless preachers, probably have, are you a Christian, probably not, can’t imagine why, listening to dumb preachers I guess
I doubt I would be a Christian if I believed what you were taught either.

But Jesus was not about Rome or money, Jesus was interested in the individual, people are created in God’s image, Jesus was teaching people to give the irrelevant to the world and the body, mind and spirit to God.

You have suffered poor teaching but, you havnt studied to find the truth either

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join