It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should Christianity/Christian Churches refuse people who have committed the worst crimes????

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 02:15 AM
link   
I'm going to ask my friend (a minister of 50 years) what his answer is today.

He knows I'm an atheist, and we had the long conversations/debates when we 1st met.

Now we completely respect each others position and don't debate it any more.

Today I'll ask for a simple answer and get back to you 👍🏻

Ironic is it not? That an atheist is the only person that gave you a star 🌟
edit on 14-10-2019 by FinallyAwake because: (no reason given)

Here's his answer:
No because God is the judge and only Christ can forgive them if they repent
The churches job is to show the love of Christ and receive them using wisdom in watching over them and protecting the people of the community should they attempt to harm
It is the responsibility of every Christian community to care and demonstrate the Love of Christ
I personally have visited people in prison for most crimes to help and guide should they ask for it.

That's my contribution. 👍🏻

edit on 14-10-2019 by FinallyAwake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 02:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: JustJohnny
a reply to: chr0naut

Vigilance won’t bring back the little girl he already raped and murdered.. sure it might help stop the next one, but then again it might not....

It may be gods decision, but the Bible and every church on the planet says If you repent you get in...

Please explain the way that, if forgiveness won't bring back a victim, condemnation will? Seems like either way, the wrong cannot be undone.

So then you have to be wise enough to make determination of the merits of relative responses we might have to the crime.

Now, if you compound a crime with hatred and condemnation, then you just make things worse.

Consider that unforgiveness burns in those who are unforgiving, stunting them emotionally. Note that these aren't the guilty party. These are others who feel themselves wronged.

The guilty people aren't even particularly affected if forgiven or not, they just go on with their lives regardless of if they are forgiven or not. They can do nothing but that.

But if they are repentant, and feel guilt, and there are those willing to forgive, then that is the only condition where healing can occur - for all affected.

edit on 14/10/2019 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 02:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Vigilance won’t bring back the little girl he already raped and murdered.. sure it might help stop the next one, but then again it might not....

It may be gods decision, but the Bible and every church on the planet says If you repent you get in...

Please explain the way that, if forgiveness won't bring back a victim, condemnation will?

The thing is, if you compound a crime with hatred and condemnation, then you just make things worse.

Unforgiveness burns in those who are unforgiving, stunting them emotionally. The guilty aren't affected and go on with their lives regardless if they are forgiven or not.

But if they are repentant, consumed with guilt, and there are those willing to forgive, then that is the only condition where healing can occur.

As an atheist looking at it from your point of view, you seem have a good point here.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 02:49 AM
link   
God is merciful OP , even with people who try and pick apart any little thing they can about Christianity.

God judges the heart, and knows when someone is truly repentant.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 03:14 AM
link   

a reply to: Finspiracy

Drug addiction is not even within the galaxy as a rapist/murder...

Yeah. I think the same way too. But i have lied. I have manipulated. I don't think God appreciates that too much.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 03:45 AM
link   

No JJ that is not what the bible said, that's what you think it says
And again, no.
Christians don't all say that either
Please stop assuming
Matt
"22Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity"

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 04:29 AM
link   
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

I am expressing 2,000 years of well known Christian doctrine..

Murderers are still allowed to be Christians..

Rapists, child molesters and terrorists, all allowed to be Christians.....

This is not new information lol

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 04:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

When have you seen murderers be turned away by random churches??

Christianity has no list of sins so bad you cannot come back from except for suicide in cathosism.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 04:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

Well he killed billions of people out of jealousy, so not sure he can talk lol

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 04:35 AM
link   
The a reply to: Sheye

Absolutely..

That is the point.....

Can someone who intentionally raped and murdered a child repent enough??

I say no...

Christianity says yes.. And yes enough to accept every child murderer with open arms.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 04:37 AM
link   
a reply to: AutomateThis1

they do presently and have the entire time accepted “repentant “ murders, rapists and child molesters..

This is not a proposal lol... it is an observation .

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 04:50 AM
link   
a reply to: hiddeninsite

I disagree completely...

For example.. watching true crime I have seen a trend of people caught basically being serial killers are released a few years later..

People who threw a strangers kid in a car , hand cuffed him and took him home and sexually assaulted him..

I do not think you can ever repent from something that intentionally evil.....

Really I think the reason that addition is there is to protect the powers that be when they were caught being monsters..

Say the local lord or his son is a child rapist and murderer.. From there, if child murder is an unforgivable sin that lord/son has got to GO!! Executed or imprisoned it doesn’t matter, but he sure as hell doesn’t get to be the next lord???

Well if all sins are forgivable our fictional lord/son just repents and keeps all the power they had..

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 04:56 AM
link   
a reply to: FinallyAwake

I think it is all about protecting TPTB after atrocities..

It is funny how faith>works and repentance in practice means the powerful can just pretend to repent and never have to pay for their crimes..

If a lord rapes a murders a child, and that is an unforgivable sin, that lord has got to go!!!

If he can repent , then he gets to stay..

Hmmmmm how convenient for tptb..

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 05:05 AM
link   
a reply to: JustJohnny

I get the point you are trying to make JustJohnny. Like your name , you want to see justice for such atrocious crimes. I can’t blame you for that and I understand your fear that the forgiveness of Christ is being used or can be used as a loophole for letting off some very evil people in tptb.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 05:24 AM
link   

a reply to: Raggedyman

When have you seen murderers be turned away by random churches??
Christianity has no list of sins so bad you cannot come back from except for suicide in cathosism.

Just being silly, no one walks into a church and says “ I am a murderer/rapist/child molester, just talking nonsense

But you are right, never had a suicide walk into any church I have been to.

If someone doesn’t change then they can be asked to leave the church, it happens

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 05:30 AM
link   

So you think that Christian law is the same as civil law
Are you confusing the two

Christian law is spiritual, civil law is police and prison, two different things all together, you are well confused. If you understood repentance you would understand why God can forgive, real repentance costs.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Technically no.

If a person comes to the church is seriously repented of their crimes in their hearts then God can forgive them.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 06:57 AM
link   

It is funny how faith>works and repentance in practice means the powerful can just pretend to repent and never have to pay for their crimes..

If a lord rapes a murders a child, and that is an unforgivable sin, that lord has got to go!!!

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 06:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: FinallyAwake

How VERY convenient!

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 06:58 AM
link   
One could argue Christianity is a crime in itself. Tyranny comes in many forms.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join