It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thievery Corporation - Music of Conspiracies

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 01:38 PM
link   
For the second time. The first time I wrote this, it was much better.

On this slow Sunday, I’m going to share my favorite band with you. Not only do I love their rhythm and beats – their music has a message. Many messages in fact. Focusing on conspiracies of our time.

Thievery Corporation started in Washington D.C. back in 1995. Wiki describes their music as: downtempo, dub, acid jazz, reggae, Indian classical, Middle Eastern music, hip hop, electronica, and Brazilian music, including bossa nova. Yeah, that’s a lot of different genres of music.

The band was started by two men named Eric Hilton and Rob Garza. However, there are over 20 band members. The conspiracies they cover include: Shadow governments, war, secret societies, illusory realities, and many more.

Their albums are very reminiscent of Pink Floyd. In the aspect of it taking you on a journey by listening to the songs in the albums in the sequential order they lined them out. They are masters of ceremony!

If you like good music with an incredible message, you will be very happy. I’m going to include some of my favorite conspiracy songs. I strongly recommend using a good stereo system AND look up the lyrics.

And now, for your feasting audio pleasure, I present Thievery Corporation.

There's a few of MANY to get you started!

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

While you were re-writing your post I looked these guys up. I'd never heard of them.

Wow!! They really ARE good, aren't they?!! I could listen to this stuff all day! I think my blood pressure went down about 20 points already.

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

While you were re-writing your post I looked these guys up. I'd never heard of them.

Wow!! They really ARE good, aren't they?!! I could listen to this stuff all day! I think my blood pressure went down about 20 points already.

I’m so happy to share them with you. I love the sitar, it’s my favorite instrument. Here are their best albums, IMO.

The Cosmic Game
The Mirror Conspiracy
Radio Retaliation
Culture of Fear
The Temple of I and I

Cheers 🍻

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Always been a fan, My favourite tune of theres is

Is there any thruth to any mesages they maybe potraying subliminally I cant really say, its not uncommon though for music to be used to pass on the writers beliefs, any good piece of music comes from the heart of the author thats why it resonates with the listener, as oppossed to pop music which is designed around key changes.

I found this guy to be interesting and have waaaay more knowledge about the way music is built and works

Anyhoo I got some music to chill too for tonight, thanks for the thread

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Ever heard of Orbital, if not I am gonna make you comatose, in a melodic way, enjoy

originally posted by: KKLOCO

I love the sitar, it’s my favorite instrument.

Cheers 🍻

Have heard this oldie but IMO a classic sitar tune

edit on 13-10-2019 by UpIsNowDown because: because SITAR!!!!!

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 02:09 PM
link   

I just clicked on the first one I saw which is The Richest Man in Babylon. It's pretty damn good.

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 02:09 PM
link   
This is how I discovered them..brilliant.

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Here’s some more of my favorites.

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 02:14 PM
link   
The conspiracy angle kind of makes sense though when you consider how superstitious some of the Caribbean countries like Jamaica, Haiti, and Grenada are. What, with all their magical spells, and hexes and witch-doctors and all.

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

I just clicked on the first one I saw which is The Richest Man in Babylon. It's pretty damn good.

Another great album. I forgot to mention that one. They have over 15 albums I think.

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown

Is there any thruth to any mesages they maybe potraying subliminally I cant really say, its not uncommon though for music to be used to pass on the writers beliefs, any good piece of music comes from the heart of the author thats why it resonates with the listener, as oppossed to pop music which is designed around key changes.

Yes, the messages are very intense with them. I don’t know if you got the point of my referencing Pink Floyd. But if you didn’t, just think of what a lot of people used to do while listening to their albums.... you will go on a journey down a rabbit hole that is absolutely amazing. All while being guided by their messages and beats.

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

Great song. Thanks for the link. Many nights, I fall asleep listening to Anoushka Shankar.

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I love this band. Richest man in Babylon is one of my favourite albums of all time

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 02:35 PM
link   
They must use some pretty interesting equipment. That, or they've got some really heavy post-recording engineering going on. Some of the sounds, effects and vocals would be beyond impossible to capture in one take. They're also using some pretty interesting compression techniques. It's like the compression is constantly changing, but it's not changing for all the sounds, just selected ones. They must have individual compression gear set up on every mixing board input.
edit on 10/13/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Without derailing your thread, hell yes to Pink Floyd love wish you were here

Never been a fan of Oz

There was a 90s tune by New Atlantic that just straigt up played a lyric backwards "yes to satan", be warned not the same chilled out stlye, get your glowsticks and whistles out for this rave classic

edit on 13-10-2019 by UpIsNowDown because: remembered 90s tune title

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: UpIsNowDown

Yes, the messages are very intense with them. I don’t know if you got the point of my referencing Pink Floyd. But if you didn’t, just think of what a lot of people used to do while listening to their albums.... you will go on a journey down a rabbit hole that is absolutely amazing. All while being guided by their messages and beats.

Thats what good music should do, take you on a journey, unite people..etc
I'm a bit of an audiophile/music nut..I live for this stuff!

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Wow...some VERY interesting engineering going on here for sure, the more I listen to them.

They've got some kind of a rolling compression setup which is crazy cool! Never heard anyone do that before!

Somebody in this band has a S# ton of money or they've got some serious backing. Their recording and engineering environment must be a gear-head's wet dream. Just the patch cords alone to do some of this stuff must be staggering. The post production studio must look like a mad scientist's laboratory, and whoever is producing this stuff must be an absolute genius for real. I can't even picture how someone could even dream up this kind of engineering ahead of time, it's got to be trail and error. No human could ever do that, not on the first try...and I've seen some pretty cool and amazing stuff in music engineering too.

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 03:03 PM
link   
The sound quality and audio engineering/mastering is always top notch!

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Here’s some more of my favorites.

The high hat work at the 2:15 mark is pretty incredible, and listen to the compression change up right there also. Two different sounds going in opposite directions. Wow!
edit on 10/13/2019 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Check out the vid I posted to see them live..really good stuff!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join