It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A woman was shot and killed by a Fort Worth police officer in her own home

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Is it SOP to attempt to contact the homeowner by telephone fist to check before even entering the property?

Not where I’m at, no. Patrol may ask dispatch to try a home phone if there is one. If there’s an alarm, they can ask if the alarm company has made contact with the home owner.

Because, THAT is what I saw in the body cam footage, sir.

Okay? I mean....I already said I saw no reason for him to have escalated the way he did. If you want to ask about SOPs and policies I’m happy to answer, but if you’re gonna frame them as gotcha-questions, I’m not really interested in restating my opinion over and over.
edit on 13-10-2019 by Shamrock6 because: Typo

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 12:54 PM
link   
This kind of stuff has been happening a lot lately. Had a 72 yr old man shot in Texas this weekend. Definitely a training issue. Not to mention the caliber of citizens they are choosing to be "Leo's".

If one is going to choose a profession that requires bearing arms, that person needs to have the moral courage, faith, confidence and maturity to not be a coward and blast away at everything that startles them. There's definitely an amount of manliness missing from thier training, and it shows.

A good way for police to avoid killing thier employers, is for them to announce thier arrival by a PA system at these kind of calls. There is no reason for police to be "tacticool" or stealthy on these calls. Especially when the REAL "first responder" called them on the phone.

Many police officers are to busy playing Soldier/warrior instead of being "peace officers".

Best thing American citizens can do, to not get murdered by thier local public employee is to handle the situation themselves. Then call the police, to "police up" the mess. And then don't talk to them without your lawyer.

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Is it SOP to attempt to contact the homeowner by telephone fist to check before even entering the property?

Not where I’m at, no. Patrol may ask dispatch to try a home phone if there is one. If there’s an alarm, they can ask if the alarm company has made contact with the home owner.

Because, THAT is what I saw in the body cam footage, sir.

Okay? I mean....I already said I saw no reason for him to have escalated the way he did. If you want to ask about SOPs and policies I’m happy to answer, but if you’re gonna frame them as gotcha-questions, I’m not really interested in restating my opinion over and over.

Then perhaps, for an open structure call it SHOULD BE the SOP to attempt to contact the homeowner FIRST before sending an armed rookie in there to kill someone? Sure seems logical to me.

1. You have a call about an open door, which is out of place for that neighbor.
2. The police use the term "open structure" which immediately makes it escalated in nature from the neighbor's call out of concern.
3. The police arrive, silently, and begin to sneak around a homeowners property at an early morning hour. Know who else behaves like that, HOME INVADERS and criminals!
4. The police do not identify themselves and shout to raise/show hands then immediately fire at you.

This is an unjustified killing that, IMO, the entire department needs to review as everyone in the chain is responsible. From the policy makers, the training and approval process of new officers, the dispatcher that took the call, the ranking officer on the scene, and to the shooter himself.

A person is DEAD, her family has lost a loved one, because the police feared for their own lives over that of the people they are supposed to represent. Putting you life in jeopardy is part of the job description, if you are not up to that, then you should not have that authority.

PERIOD

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: murphy22

Best thing American citizens can do, to not get murdered by thier local public employee is to

not be black and in their own house, if they do stay at home have the curtains drawn and keep doors locked at all times incase the police mistake your house for their own home.

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: gallop
Looking at the very fuzzy still frames of the gun, it could have been a toy for I can tell.

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: contextual

Yeah. That was another case of "I've got a badge". But she seems like the kind of person that would've done the same thing even if she only had a CHL.

And that was another case of lacking "situational awareness". And the old "I've been being a hero for a whole 13 hrs" and Im tired. Like the citizens that work double shifts, two jobs and forgets their turn signal can use that excuse?

I have no sympathy for that one.

But it is always a good idea to keep your doors locked. Whoever's wanting in your house/home, good guy or bad. Make them work for it. Doesn't matter if your black, yellow, red, white, greenish blue or purple... It's a tragic that happened to that fellow. But there is a lesson for everyone to learn from it.

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

I love how CNN has to cause hatred by making this a race issue.

Officer should be charged.

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

I don't see it as a race issue. Maybe some people just see it as racist instead of the truth.

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 02:21 PM
link   

“Some” see it as a race issue? I think the point OR is making is that MSM is pushing the race angle first and foremost, and the shooting itself is an afterthought.

Googling the story, most of the articles that come up mention race in the headline and if not in the headline, it’s in the first sentence of the article. There’s only a couple of articles taking the angle of “cop shoots homeowner in their own home, again.”

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I guess most people are racist then. Maybe that explains why the country is so screwed up.

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Here's a video that was on Live Leak. Cop that shot was in garage prior. The condition of the home along with what appears to be red stuff on the floor may explain why he was on edge and just shot. I wonder why they were there in the first place.

Liveleak
edit on 13-10-2019 by Waterglass because: revised

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 02:30 PM
link   

That must be it. Couldn’t be a simple commentary on the race-baiting of the media or anything.

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass

Here's a video that was on Live Leak. Cop that shot was in garage prior. There is something on the floor that looks like a pool of blood in the video. However it could be transmission fluid or paint. Take a look at the video. That may explain why he was on edge and just shot. I wonder why they were there in the first place.

Liveleak

Still not justified.

A stain on the floor of a garage, where cars reside. Not suspicious, sorry. A trained person would need more than that to "shout and shoot" in practically the same breath.

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 02:31 PM
link   

A few weeks ago my neighbor rang my doorbell and then was
pounding on my door.She hadn't seen me for several days and
she was worried about us.She told me if I hadn't answered my
door she was calling the police to check up on us.I was grateful
and concerned at the same time.
When I hear stories like this and my concern changes to worry.
These wellness checks are getting some people killed.If some
people are worried about their neighbors,they should try knocking
on their door first before calling the law.

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 02:32 PM
link   

I agree I am just pointing out what I saw. It also may be a shadow of a plant looking at it further.

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

That must be it. Couldn’t be a simple commentary on the race-baiting of the media or anything.

i don't think there needs to be baiting any more. Racists will be racists and those that don't see every black-white interaction as racist won't.

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Race baiting is bad. Glad we got that cleared up

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 06:18 PM
link   

I'm with you, friend. I just wanted to point out that the bodycam video we see has been, according to the article linked, been "heavily edited." So maybe more stuff happened between the little scenes we saw.

And if so, I'm assuming it's edited out bcause it makes them look worse, which is hard to imagine.

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

I don't see it as a race issue. Maybe some people just see it as racist instead of the truth.

THATS THE POINT people are making in here: IT'S NOT A RACE ISSUE but the media are trying to make it a race issue instead of shining the spotlight on yet another innocent person shot and killed by a police officer.

We get it, dude, you don't see color. We get it.
edit on 13-10-2019 by KansasGirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

Sorry that upsets you. Part of the baiting is people taking it.

Too bad they overlook the corruption with some police forces.

edit:

We don't know if it is or is not a race issue for the officer who shot.
edit on 10/13/2019 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join