It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Anyone Identify This Military Plane?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Just curious as I see it flyby all the time as his engines make quite the noise and it wakes me up a lot. It typically fly's inbound from between 5:00AM - 6:00AM from the Spartanburg, SC region and heads towards Columbia, SC and then seems to gently turn and head towards the Atlantic Ocean heading towards the Wilmington, SC. region.

It never appears on FlightRadar24

Cherry Point Naval Air Base has two runways @ almost three [3] miles in length just South of the Pamlico Sound.

Here's a short video. It goes behind trees when it seems to fade out.

YouTube

Here's a screen shot as I paused the video and zoomed in. To increase the pic move your louse over the pic and right click to view the image it will increase the size of the pic . Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!
edit on 13-10-2019 by Waterglass because: added pic

edit on 13-10-2019 by Waterglass because: typos

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

C-17 going into Charleston. Charleston is home to the SOLL II crews, so they fly late at night to train, and retain their currency.

edit on 10/13/2019 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Racked my head trying to make that image work, guess you're talking the C17A twin engine profile?
Looking at the blurry photo it seems like less separation between engines than a C17 (camera angle?)
Plus, I'm struggling to see the shape - is seems more like an SU-27 to me (but WTH would that be doing there?)

I know better than to question anything Zaphod58 sez about aircraft, but I just had my eyes examined Friday & haven't gotten new glasses yet (sorry). I'm seeing twin vertical stabilizers right over the engines....

ganjoa
(already crippled & some say crazy, guess it's going blind next)

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: ganjoa

Charleston is one of the major C-17 bases. They are the only crews trained for Special Operations. It's too large for an Su-27, and the light pattern matches a C-17. What appears to be twin vertical stabilizers are the winglets. The angle makes them appear to be directly over the engines.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 05:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: ganjoa

Charleston is one of the major C-17 bases. They are the only crews trained for Special Operations. It's too large for an Su-27, and the light pattern matches a C-17. What appears to be twin vertical stabilizers are the winglets. The angle makes them appear to be directly over the engines.

Thanks!
(C I no U no ur stuff...)

top topics

join