It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ecuador Orders Curfew and Military Control

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 02:33 AM
link   
It started yesterday and 3 pm. It could be illustrating for young people who never had to deal with this kind of situation. It's not like the movies.

QUITO (Reuters) - Ecuadorean President Lenin Moreno announced a military-enforced curfew starting in Quito and the surrounding valleys that started at 3 p.m. (2000 GMT) as the highland capital was rocked by unrest triggered by opposition to his austerity plan.

“We’re going to restore order in all of Ecuador,” Moreno said in a televised address to the nation. “We’re starting with the curfew in Quito. I’ve ordered the Joint Command of the Armed Forces to immediately take steps necessary to reestablish order in all of Ecuador.”

Moreno also thanked indigenous protest leaders for accepting talks, and blamed the unrest on radical instigators.

Government is shutting down opposed media.

www.reuters.com...

edit on 13-10-2019 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 02:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

One of my father's best friends lives in Ecuador. He's retired now. I'm worried about him. He comes to the states a lot and I have dinner with him once or twice per year. I can't wait to talk with him about this if he's still able to travel!

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 02:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
One of my father's best friends lives in Ecuador. He's retired now. I'm worried about him. He comes to the states a lot and I have dinner with him once or twice per year. I can't wait to talk with him about this if he's still able to travel!

Rebels are taking airports too. Try to travel is dangerous now. I'd try to get all I need and stay at home.

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 03:39 AM
link   
There is those words again....
"austerity plan"
Words thought up by the EU to be able to converse to the population : "you are screwed" (in a nice way)

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 03:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Can you contact him?

It would be better to get a non biased first hand account. Great for this thread.

Kind regards,

Bally

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
There is those words again....
"austerity plan"
Words thought up by the EU to be able to converse to the population : "you are screwed" (in a nice way)

Thing is that the time is coming when we're going to hear those words in the US too.

Governments have been overspending badly for far too long. They don't have a revenue problem so much as a spending problem. It's far too easy to pay you and yours more than you should, promise more than you should to everyone else, when the money you get is at the point of a gun.

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Are they revolting against the same government that handed over Julian Assange to the British? Good for them.

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fools
Are they revolting against the same government that handed over Julian Assange to the British? Good for them.

Yes, same one.

top topics

join