It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Sentinels From Advanced Civilizations And The Lurker Hypothesis

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Elementalist

"When we stop killing each other and warring over ideologies and selfish interests.."

Define: hypocrite

I'm not saying you're wrong. I'm saying you have no way to back up your opinion. I find it foolish to assume ET intention.

How are you so sure?
You really think your opinion scales up to the intelligence scale of a being capable of those feats?

Seems a little pretentious on your part, to assume you know how something that smart, thinks.

I'll concede to your views though, as I lose nothing for doing so. Let's live in peace and harmony and what not, that'll make ET daddy proud.

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Oleandra88

Good luck with your writing!

Some other notes: (paraphrased) ... "an incredible amount of energy in a small space" -- J. Vallée, referring to UFO craft.

A thought of mine. Considering the burns and illnesses that have stricken observers who got too close to UFOs, the UFOs are probably spitting out radiation from all over the spectrum -- infrared to ultraviolet, etc. Could it be that moving between universes/dimensions rips open basic structures, allowing a lot of energy (Vallée) to spill out as radiation? Or perhaps that much energy must be confined in a small space to break through the "walls" separating universes?

If I recall correctly, some of the confusion exhibited by observers resembles how the brain reacts when exposed to certain radio frequencies -- may be microwaves.

May be of use in your writing.

Cheers
edit on 13-10-2019 by F2d5thCavv2 because: +

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

Thank you

Everything swings on each own frequency I think. And knowing this and thinking about that guy Fourier, I mean, the implications are there. I think MRI machines come close to this. Like hearing the sounds but I am not sure if they are coming from the machine like mechanical or if they are produced in the head.

In a bigger scale, think about the earth magnetic field and how it interacts with the sun. Brains do work partly on electricity, and where angry electrons are, there can be a electromagnetic field.

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Oleandra88

Oleandra88, heh, yeah, Fourier Transforms are a neat part of mathematics. And MRI machines with their sounds -- yow! -- so loud, and one is not supposed to move during the scan. I kept thinking, "this is an electromagnetic device, so what is going on with those banging noises?" ... weird experience. Also felt like something was crawling on me at times.

Cheers

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Reminds me of that twilight zone episode which I always remember from the 80's. Aliens visit Eart and tell the leaders they are unimpressed by their barbaric nuclear weapons and give earth 1 year (don't remember exact timeframe) to mend their ways or they will wipe humanity out and seed a new race

When the aliens come back, all the countries have signed peace agreements and disarmed. The aliens tell the leaders they were bred to become warriors and they expected far more sophisticated weapons and they would be resetting humanity.

I remember this so well because we have no idea what aliens actually want.

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Shere Khaan
I remember that episode aswell.

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Archivalist

I appreciate when we apply human ideals to ET opinion.

Really makes a lot of sense.

This Elementalist guy is an expert on ET policy.

Haha!! Agreed. Thinking that ET has the same mindset as humans is really idiotic.

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

A recently discovered group of nearby co-orbital objects is an attractive location for extraterrestrial intelligence (ETI) to locate a probe to observe Earth, while not being easily seen

I wonder if Saturn's moons and its rings not to be an ideal place to observe us from and from thereon do recognizance to our little pale blue dot?

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Shere Khaan
What do aliens want. Or what would aliens do?

Since everything adapts and evolves to beat extinction I'm guessing aliens are the same.

Although my main concern would be what the other energies that are not alien to this globe want because if theirs is to adapt and evolve then that could be to our detriment, our detection of them would harm their purpose. For me there are parisitic entities here, have always been here and hinder out progress. We may be on an evolutionary climb that widens our perceptions to a bigger view of "reality"

Get your magic sunglasses on and trip the light fantastic.

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I believe that squirrels are biological robots sent to observe humans by an alien race.

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 07:23 PM
link   
The plausibility of the theory Benford expounds on is not new, but more of a clarification of an older theory due to tech advances made by ourselves.

It's similar to the theory of extraterrestrial intervention to our planet that provided the necessary programmed gene coding for life to arise on earth. However, rather than intervention, it would seem to be a more deliberate act of life creation from the start.

Way back in earth's ancient past probes may have discovered our early planet and its potential to sustain a diversity of life forms, which eventually led to a full-blown adoption of the planet and the introduction of the necessary organic resources to eventually bring life about. The earth could have been fully terraformed?

An advanced civilisation would probably think it prudent to terraform a number of suitable planets for possible colonisation sometime in the future if their own original planet came under threat. All planets have expiry dates as you know, including ours, and one day, we are destined to leave earth and seek a suitable home or homes for ourselves. That is if we can get through our adolescence and reach a form of psychological maturity without firstly destroying ourselves.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

This appears to be a theory which the Forgotten Languages Group adhere to , the possibility of probes being sent here to observe

Von neumann probes

or the Giselian probes

, or probes from the civilisation that created the universe to escape entropy in their universe then seeded life here and sent a probe to keep tabs on our development.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: elysiumfire

It almost makes me think that its totally true, FL group stated to me before we are just biological machines whose purpose is to terraform earth

, Maybe they destroyed the dinosaurs to pave the way for our species .

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shere Khaan
Reminds me of that twilight zone episode which I always remember from the 80's. Aliens visit Eart and tell the leaders they are unimpressed by their barbaric nuclear weapons and give earth 1 year (don't remember exact timeframe) to mend their ways or they will wipe humanity out and seed a new race

When the aliens come back, all the countries have signed peace agreements and disarmed. The aliens tell the leaders they were bred to become warriors and they expected far more sophisticated weapons and they would be resetting humanity.

I remember this so well because we have no idea what aliens actually want.

Like the Mayan prophecies, where "the gods" keep coming back every 20,000 years or so and resetting us.

You would think that a lot would change in their culture over such a vast length of time, but what if they don't actually travel faster than light? What if they travel pretty close to the speed of light, but not faster?

So 20,000 years for us is like maybe 100 years for them? And they have to periodically reset us in order to avoid falling behind technologically, and having us get more advanced than them.

But this most recent visit the humans had nukes. And our leaders are all like "Sure. Go ahead and invade, but we'll launch all of our nukes and the planet won't be valuable to you anymore."

So now they're scratching their big, bald, grey heads and wondering what to do. Infiltrate? Hack the ICBM launch computers? Make themselves known and go on talk TV shows?

Maybe lower themselves the point of considering humanity to be an equal? (I doubt that idea got very much ground in their council debate sessions.)

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 02:02 AM
link   
It mostly depends on whether aliens can do FTL.

If they can't move FTL in their ships, then having something send radio signals gives them the nearest thing they can get to real time information about what is going on.

If they can move FTL, then the next question is whether they are able to send signals of some kind FTL. And another question would be "how much does it cost them?"

It's always possible that the machines don't send a signal out at all. Just record, and some green person in a space ship stops by periodically to check the video.

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 03:50 AM
link   
Have to agree. However I have always thought that the closer to us ET are in terms of origin the nearer they would be to us in terms of intellectual sophistication and drives. Certainly still way in advance of us but close enough for us to make a stab at their motives.

Should they be interstellar/galaxy travelling ET then all bets would truly be off. Likely they would have conquered mortality, disease, reproduction and most everything which makes humanity tick. Beyond curiosity, and that is a stretch, im not sure what they would be interested in us for at all. They might catalogue us and monitor us, but for what purpose who knows. That level of technological advancement, if you think about it, would be terrifying in the extreme. What would you need? What else would there be to achieve? Existing would essentially be pointless to some degree. a reply to: xconvoyx

posted on Oct, 15 2019 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: TexasTruth
Good thread! S and F.
This has been been a long held belief of mine. It is exactly what we will do, if we survive that long. W-a-y- before we ever send a human interplanetary we will send probes. Just like the moon, Mars, and all the others.
We are driving full size RC cars on Mars right now. Interplanetary travelers would be able to send AI self driving aircraft for sure, so that would be our first contact.
Only question is, were they there observing dinosaurs or cavemen and on their way? Time will tell.

They have probably been watching us on our 3rd attempt to get it right. Our history seems off and massive holes in our historic past. I think just like many civilisations, we caused some form of mass destruction. Builders know, the only thing ever left is stone. This is why our past is dotted with hits to what had occurred because it would last a blast. Lets hope this present is successful. They have been watching us possible millions of years. Just as we will do once we reach those technological heights.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 01:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: xconvoyx

originally posted by: Archivalist

I appreciate when we apply human ideals to ET opinion.

Really makes a lot of sense.

This Elementalist guy is an expert on ET policy.

Haha!! Agreed. Thinking that ET has the same mindset as humans is really idiotic.

If you want to label someone an idiot at least do it directly rather by 3rd person...

You said "same mindset". I said "interest in human politics".

You're literally making # up

Seems kind of idiotic. Too hard to follow the conversation before you use put downs.

Typical, as I said, not ready.

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 04:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: 0bserver1

I wonder if Saturn's moons and its rings not to be an ideal place to observe us from and from thereon do recognizance to our little pale blue dot?

Nice Carl Sagan reference there - he did once think our moon was a 'reasonable alternative'.

Prof Says Beings From Outer Space Have Visited Earth

Associated Press, November 26, 1962

..."That means that every star, such as our sun, would be visited at least once every million years. In some systems where these beings found life, they would make more frequent visits. There's a strong probability, then, that they have visited earth every few thousand years. 

"It is not out of the question that artifacts of these visits still exist or even that some kind of base is maintained, possibly automatically, within the solar system, to provide continuity for successive expeditions. 

"Because of weathering and the possibility of detection and interference by the inhabitants of earth it would be preferable not to erect such a base on the earth's surface. The moon seems one reasonable alternative." 

Full Article

•Easynow - newsclipping

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2

A thought of mine. Considering the burns and illnesses that have stricken observers who got too close to UFOs, the UFOs are probably spitting out radiation from all over the spectrum -- infrared to ultraviolet, etc.

Great post and when it comes to UFOS and 'tremendous quantities of electromagnetic energy in a small volume' then Dr. Claude Poher's research is also worth a mention.

Pretty fascinating here what Vallee is saying about the Colares flap.

After asking various forensic pathologists to review his findings, Vallee claims that "what UFO witnesses describe as 'light' may, in fact, be a complex combination of ionising and non-ionising radiation. Many of the injuries described in Brazil, however, are consistent with the effects of high-power pulsed microwaves."

Confrontations

edit on 16-10-2019 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2019 @ 05:36 AM
link   
a reply to: bloodymarvelous

Which mayan prophecy is that ? as they make no mention of returning Gods in 20,000 year cycles

you maybe mistaking that for the long count calendar and the procession of the equinox
with the zacharia sitchin interpretation of the sumerian clay tablets and the annunaki

Mayans dont mention anything like that

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join