It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jim Jordan has some questions for Nancy Pelosi

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+43 more 
posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Jim Jordan, the ranking member of the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform, posed a series of questions today on Twitter regarding the House Democrats support of an impeachment inquiry.

His questions are as follows:

Why did the “whistleblower” write an 800+ word memo describing President Trump and [Ukrainian] President Zelensky’s call based on second-hand information gleaned from a conversation that lasted just a few minutes?

Why did the “whistleblower” wait 18 days to file the complaint after describing the call as “frightening” in their memo?

Why and when did the “whistleblower” communicate with @RepAdamSchiff ’s staff before filing the complaint?

Why did the “whistleblower” hide from the ICIG that they met with @repadamschiff’s staff by not checking the box on the whistleblower form indicating they had spoken to Congress?

Why didn’t @RepAdamSchiff tell us his staff had met with the “whistleblower?”

Why didn’t the “whistleblower” just give his memo to the Inspector General, instead of a seven page complaint dressed up with extraneous citations and media references?

Why is @RepAdamSchiff holding hearings, depositions, and interviews behind closed doors?

Why won’t @RepAdamSchiff release the transcripts of these interviews, instead of leaking cherry-picked information that fits his narrative?

Why won’t @RepAdamSchiff take questions from the press after these interviews, like Republicans have done?

Why does @SpeakerPelosi think we need to “strike while the iron is hot,” instead of taking time for serious and thorough investigative fact-finding?

Why is @SpeakerPelosi scared to have a vote to open an official impeachment inquiry like it’s been done every other time?

Why do Democrats keep making up the rules as they go along, instead of following a fair process?

What work did the “whistleblower” do with a 2020 Democratic presidential candidate?

Jim Jordan Twitter

It seems like we have someone in the House that is doing their job!

I too would like an answer to these questions.

Do you think a panel on CNN or MSDNC will look into it?

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Doing their job on twitter.

Might need to investigate all these points.

Dont think cnn or msndc is cut out to get the answers straight.

What other method of investigation might get those questions answered, i wonder?

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: sunkuong

What other method of investigation might get those questions answered, i wonder?

The people being asked these questions could answer them...

Oh wait... who am I kidding.

That would require... what is the word that these people shy away from like sunlight?

Oh!

Candor.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 07:17 PM
link   

I am candidly suggesting that perhaps twitter is not the best forum to engage these issues.

I know social media is da bomb right now, but is it really?

Why doesnt mr jordan ask this more formally, given the gravity of his unsurity?

+19 more 
posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 07:19 PM
link   

I am candidly suggesting that perhaps twitter is not the best forum to engage these issues.

I'm sure he's already tried. But like the penultimate questions says, the Dems are making up the rules as they go along.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Im not as sure as you, what rules have changed?

I must have missed the goalpost when it shifted, because clearly 'dims' have done the rule making up on the fly.

+11 more 
posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Because he got nowhere doing that so thought he might put it out in social media where is would at least get some exposure?

Not like it's going to be reported anywhere and the current "impeachment inquiry" isn't actually in the House, it's in the Democrat side of the House...

edit on 12-10-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

+19 more 
posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: sunkuong

When the media fails to report on facts and ignores corruption, what other platform is left to address these issues?

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

That would require... what is the word that these people shy away from like sunlight?

Oh!

Candor.

Ummm...the word I would have used is...integrity...but I suppose candor might do in a pinch...

Nah...integrity...Candor belongs to a more genteel era...it’s time to take the gloves off...because this is war...

YouSir

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 07:29 PM
link   
all very valid questions!

Democrats will ignore it, but its now on the official record and its in the public domain.

Republicans, Barr and Huber obviously know whats going on, so they're allowing the Democrats as much rope as they're willing to take to continue this charade.

+11 more 
posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 07:33 PM
link   
The answer to just one question solves all others.

There is no floor vote because these questions would come up in the debate on the House floor from Republicans.

THAT is why there is no floor vote. The Democrats do not want to answer. They want to run this is secret, control the information and use the media to influence the 2020 election.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

originally posted by: Lumenari

Oh!

Candor.

Ummm...the word I would have used is...integrity...but I suppose candor might do in a pinch...

Nah...integrity...Candor belongs to a more genteel era...it’s time to take the gloves off...because this is war...

YouSir

I think there really is no integrity on either political side of our Congresscritters, with a few exceptions.

Most have a job that pays them really well if they champion a cause and never solve it.

However.

THIS particular thing is going to leave them ALL jobless eventually if they don't solve it.

So I have hope that if nothing else, self-preservation will drive them do finally do the right thing.

For the People, of course.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
The answer to just one question solves all others.

There is no floor vote because these questions would come up in the debate on the House floor from Republicans.

THAT is why there is no floor vote. The Democrats do not want to answer. They want to run this is secret, control the information and use the media to influence the 2020 election.

Exactly.

ATS post on Why This Committee

ETA, there was an additional bit of information that I found out later and added on that thread.

In the Intelligence Committee, Schiff needs to confer with the ranking minority leader (Nunes) before issuing a legal subpoena, or call a vote of the committee to issue one.

One can technically argue that by "confer", Schiff does not need the "consent" of Nunes to do so.

The Judiciary Committee, where impeachment proceedings have always started before, needs to have a vote of the committee to issue a subpoena... the Chair can not do it alone.

Which is why Pelosi put it into Schiff's committee.

They are skirting rules, ignoring precedent and attempting to do all this without any input by the rest of the House.

Which makes this a mockery of the actual impeachment process.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Im not as sure as you, what rules have changed?

I must have missed the goalpost when it shifted, because clearly 'dims' have done the rule making up on the fly.

The Dems are doing everything secretly, trying to cut Republicans out of the process as much as possible. Adam Schiff wants to set up an arrangement where the whistleblower would be questioned secretly, by Democrats only! Subpoenas are being issued with no committee votes, which means they are likely not even legally valid.

Like UKTruth said, they want no debate, because the facts are not on their side and they know it. They're still trying to pretend that Trump's call was somehow illegal, or even improper.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 07:50 PM
link   

See my post above yours for more information on the voting rules... I edited.

ETA, THIS is how Schiff is controlling the narrative...

"We're going to continue to try to get the facts and figure out more about what took place with this whole complaint and when it started and continue to tell the American people the truth," Jordan said on Wednesday, saying Volker's nine-hour testimony proves Trump did not engage in quid-pro-quo with Ukrainian military aid.

"There were 67 pages of text messages. Adam Schiff took a few of those text messages and released them. Release them all, release them all, and more importantly release the entire transcript," he continued. "We're talking about impeaching the President of the United States thirteen months before an election based on an anonymous whistleblower with no firsthand knowledge who has a bias against the President."

Jim Jordan Tears Into Adam Schiff For Lack of Transparency

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 07:58 PM
link   
These snakes are more corrupt than Trump ever could be. At least with Trump I know what I’m getting up front. People like Schiff, Pelosi, Nadler and the likes are so deceitful and manipulative, how anyone in their right mind could trust them is beyond me. They are not to be trusted. I certainly don’t.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 07:58 PM
link   
It’s funny if the Dems, for a second, believe the Impeach Hoax is going to make any difference in 2020 election. That’s the ONLY reason to be acting the way they are, about something as weak sauce as the call to Ukraine Prez.

They must believe that this is their last chance. Try to make POTUS Trump look flawed enough that Biden/Sanders/Warren look less flawed enough to beat him.

Bless their hearts.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: PilSungMtnMan
It’s funny if the Dems, for a second, believe the Impeach Hoax is going to make any difference in 2020 election. That’s the ONLY reason to be acting the way they are, about something as weak sauce as the call to Ukraine Prez.

They must believe that this is their last chance. Try to make POTUS Trump look flawed enough that Biden/Sanders/Warren look less flawed enough to beat him.

Bless their hearts.

They are literally going to attempt to impeach him on 2 whistleblower complaints on...

A phone call that he released the transcript of.

~blink~

THAT is a nothingburger with no bun!

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 08:01 PM
link   

The GOP needs to buy some tv time and ask these questions along with more social media. Be nice to see who would do the tv time also. The dog and pony show continues on.

edit on 12-10-2019 by Tarzan the apeman. because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder
These snakes are more corrupt than Trump ever could be. At least with Trump I know what I’m getting up front. People like Schiff, Pelosi, Nadler and the likes are so deceitful and manipulative, how anyone in their right mind could trust them is beyond me. They are not to be trusted. I certainly don’t.

Well, with Schiff, Pelosi, et al you are at least absolutely certain of what you are going to get from behind.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join