It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Cali fires again this year

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhilbertDezineck

Brush around power poles? How is the transmission line arcing to cause such fires? why is this not happening anywhere else? I read that the 2018 fires started with the spark from a hammer. Ive done plenty of hamering in my life and have never seen a spark produced.

It's not just a factor in the US as the same thing happens here in Oz.
Strong winds can cause overhead conductors to clash together mid-span producing a major arc which showers the ground with a molten particles of the conductor metal. What we found here was that Al conductors were far worse than Cu in this regard so there was a program of replacing Al HV conductors with Cu in bush areas. Cu tends to create smaller particles which cool to a safer temp by the time they reach the ground whereas Al comes down like little white hot bombs. As well as that, auto-reclosers are taken out of service in very high fire risk conditions as a further precaution. The only measure left after that is to de-energise the line.
edit on 12/10/2019 by Pilgrum because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 12:12 AM
link   
It's not a subject I follow, but isn't it obvious the electricity was shut down to darken the background for surveillance of ars0nist activities? iirc, during the DC snyper hunt UAVs were hunting for muzzle flash...same kind of thing, with IR.

Someone else must have covered the idea, sorry if my reply was repetitive or naive.

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 12:37 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyingFox

I was reading a theory earlier that the reason the power was shut down was so the electricity in secret underground tunnels could be detected. The tunnels were bombed collapsing them and cutting of the deep states use of them.

I like your theory better, good reply.

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 06:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: RalagaNarHallas

Yeah, with a garbage truck it's dump, or let it burn. Far better to lose what's in the truck than to lose the truck itself. Most people don't realize just how expensive a work truck really is. The brake pads on my truck are probably two or three times the size of my car, and run about $1500 to replace IIRC. The tires are designed to go 150,000-250,000 depending on if they're steer or drive tires, and run about $6,000 to replace all 10 of them (the two steer tires alone are $1200).

Bottom line? 73 mobile homes burned to the ground.

Dollars to dollars, I'd say the insurance company(s) would rather have had to pay for the trash truck.

The guy picked the wrong way and the wrong place to rescue his truck and dump his burning load.

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Hopefully there will not be another thread started. This is a post I made in another thread that went dark - There are definitely many suspicious facets to this situation that shouldn’t be ignored but investigated further. The very first thing that came to mind when I read of the coming shutdown was “Enron 2.0”.

This is manipulation & conditioning at its best. We would be wise to look further into the players shorting energy stocks while at the same time buying oil futures over the last couple weeks (making money on all sides). The majority of generators that are permanently installed at a site run on natural gas. Who provides natural gas? PG&E. So not only do they get to shut their power plants down but also get to make a killing off the businesses/people that properly planned. Regardless, these investors need to be ousted & shunned in public for profiting off of others misery while hiding behind the counter with their hands in the cash register while at the same time trying to portray a noble public image - it’s absolutely sickening.

It was also all too coincidental that they shutdown during the anniversary of the last fire. This lends more credence in the belief that we weren’t told the real causes of last years fires. I recall seeing IR satellite imagery showing the 3 fires (triangle) all starting within 3 mins of each other. If coordinated arson is indeed the underlying behind the scenes belief by people in the real know this timing would make much more sense. Idea being shutoff power and if arson happens, they say look, it couldn’t have been us and we can’t be scapegoated?! While the players in the markets are basically given “insider trading” information because the pubic had to be warned/notified. This gave time to move their chips appropriately. Never let a crisis go to waste, right?

I encourage everyone to watch “enron: smartest guys in the room”. If you have a shorter attention span skip to about 60% of the way through when they specifically get into California energy market manipulations and the processes they used to accomplish it. There are so many parallels one can’t at least be more suspicious and make you want to dig further. Interesting that the doc has been removed from netflix and is now only rentable on amazon prime.

It feels like we are being played from multiple angles for many reasons. We really need to start connecting these dots..

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Yeah, it can be kind of a terrible policy, but it depends in large part on if it's a self insured company, or a company that has to use another insurance company. If it's self insured, then it doesn't hurt them nearly as much. If they're using another company, it hurts more, so they're more likely to try to protect their property, and take their chances. It's a coin flip. Another day, in that exact same place, he dumps the back end, the winds are lower, and nothing happens.

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

So you run all super-singles then?

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhilbertDezineck
a reply to: LookingAtMars

How is the transmission of electricity causing fires? Why is it that other states do not have the same problems with their transmission of energy?

High winds are damaging power lines causing them to short out.

Other states are either not as tinder dry as California is right noe, or pay money to clear brush in vulnerable area so that there is less risk of fire.

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Not since my first truck. We put them on the company account, and then they charge us. It gives us a discount when we buy them, and usually 30 days before we have to pay them.

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 09:53 AM
link   

I don't understand. You said "all 10 tires". If you're running five axles that's 10 tires, all singles. The only other way to get to 10 tires is if you were only running 3 axles with duals on the drive tires. Are you a FE Custom Critical driver?

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I meant 8. I was trying to say the two steers and all 8 drives, but it was late and we're stuck in Georgia where it's too hot and humid to sleep well.
edit on 10/13/2019 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Okay, I got ya now.

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Pics and video of the trash truck that dumped the load of fire. Looks like it was a good place to dump it to me. Must of been the dry conditions and wind that spread the fire or maybe it is not what really started this fire.

If the driver would of just let the truck burn. What are the chances that it would of spread anyway, in the conditions reported?

New video shows the crucial last moments leading up to the ignition of the fatal Sandalwood wildfire, which were sparked when a garbage truck driver dumped a pile of burning trash on the side of a road on Thursday afternoon.

Captured by Shawn Melvin, the footage shows a CR&R garbage truck with smoke billowing from its rig in Calimesa, which authorities have now identified as the cause of the blaze that went on to destroy more than seventy homes and kill at least two people.

Caught on video: The smoldering garbage truck that sparked LA wildfire - killing at least two people - after its driver dumped the burning trash on the roadside despite dry and windy conditions

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Another round of whatever this is going on. Announced power cuts again and fires.

PG&E Begins Power Shut-Off to 179,000 California Customers

Two weeks after a vast power shut-off that it acknowledged it had mishandled, California’s largest utility began a new round of electricity cuts Wednesday to reduce hazards from power lines and towers in the face of a new wildfire threat.

The utility, Pacific Gas & Electric, said the move could leave 179,000 customers without power, primarily in the Sierra foothills and in counties north of San Francisco Bay, including Napa and Sonoma. The company said that the peak winds should abate by noon on Thursday, and that it aimed to restore power to most customers within 48 hours.

The blackout strategy is a response to severe weather conditions that have heightened fire risk across California. In two years of intense wildfires, some of the most destructive blazes were caused by PG&E equipment failures and ultimately killed scores of people and destroyed the town of Paradise.

California Fires Update: Thousands Evacuated; Governor Declares State of Emergency

At a news briefing Friday morning, the authorities said the Tick Fire had burned 4,300 acres and was 5 percent contained. They said they had determined that six structures had burned so far.

“However, we know that it’s going to rise today,” said Chief Daryl L. Osby, of the Los Angeles County Fire Department.

He said that there were actually no active fires at the moment, but that the ground was smoldering and the winds were whipping — they are dealing with “significant and erratic winds.” The worry is that new fires could ignite at any moment.

Here is some info on PG&E equipment causing fires in 2018.

PG&E equipment possibly involved in 400+ fires

PG&E incident reports obtained by 2 Investigates shows PG&E equipment may have ignited more than 400 fires in California last year.

This is according to data obtained by 2 Investigates through a public records request to the California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC). The regulator requires PG&E and other large investor-owned utilities to submit information on these "reportable events" to improve regulations and prevent future fires.

Looking at Sonoma County, which is currently affected by the Kincade Fire, the data shows PG&E reported its possible involvement in more than 20 fires in the area in 2018.

edit on 26-10-2019 by LookingAtMars because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2019 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

Curious. It looks like something's on fire just behind the police SUV, left of the dump fire on the other side of the fence, in that picture. But the wind seems to blowing to the right.

edit on 26-10-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2019 @ 12:38 PM
link   

The shutdowns affect affect well over 2 million residents in 36 counties and PG&E said it could be 48 hours before restorations begin.

PG&E shutdowns spread across Bay Area, more may come this week Utility says restoration for nearly 1 million customers likely won’t start for 48 hours

posted on Oct, 28 2019 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Sacramento currently has VLATs 911,912, 914 (DC-10s) and 944 (747-400), Tanker 101 (MD-87), and 134 (C-130) operating out of their airport. The VLATs are all working the Sonoma fire it appears. The other two probably are as well.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join