It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Six Million told to evacuate as Typhoon makes Landfall in Japan

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Typhoon Hagibis has made landfall in Japan, with strong winds and a heavy downpour battering Shizouka, southwest of Tokyo.

About six million people in Japan have been advised to leave their homes as winds and rains picked up before the typhoon had even arrived.

An earthquake measuring 5.3, according to the US Geological Survey, shook the areas which had been drenched by rainfall. The earthquake was in the ocean off Chiba, near Tokyo.

Just saw this just now I had no idea this was going on apparently there has already been fatialities

Sky News

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 12:26 PM
link   

"Be ready for rainfall of the kind that you have never experienced," said meteorological agency official Yasushi Kajihara, adding that areas usually safe from disasters may prove vulnerable.

"Take all measures necessary to save your life," he said.

No comment from me, just holding my breath for all those folks.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Have a couple of friends in the Tokyo area that were posting on FB several hours ago that trees were snapping in half outside of their building. The folks closer to the rivers have been told to evacuate to higher ground as well. NHK was reporting only 270k people without power, which is shocking considering the population density.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

It was suppose to hit the Philippines and turned and missed them, so Japan was not as ready as they should be.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 02:05 PM
link   

If you were following he Rugby World Cup you would have had the heads up a week ago

Not good....not good at all this typhoon....

Stormy Rainbows
Jane

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Where do you evacuate 6 million people to on an island?

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Just woke. Typhoon missed us but got strong winds here. I guess Tokyo got blasted. Also note 60 years ago Tokyo was hit hard and 1200 people died. This typhoon was identical in power. Should have an update for you folks soon. I just woke 7am here.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Six million??? They'll have to trade places with each other...There's no where else to go...

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 05:24 PM
link   

I saw the news, just thought someone else would have made a thread on it earlier. looks pretty bad for Japan right now.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 05:52 PM
link   
First time I've seen commercial aircraft on a typhoon evac to Hawaii. The runway they're parked on is closed into next week to allow parking. Delta, ANA, and JAL are all present, along with a few others that I heard were there, but haven't seen pictures of.

edit on 10/12/2019 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Evacuated? I think they are in HNL because their destination airports are closed so they have no place to go.

At least a total of 10 JAL, 2 ANA Supers + 1 787, 2 Delta, 1 Korean, and 2 HA 330s were parked due to Typhoon Hagibis strolling through Eastern Japan.

www.instagram.com...

www.hawaiianairlines.com...

edit on 10/12/2019 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Probably most of them. At least one looks like a JAL A350 though, which is currently flying Tokyo to Fukuoka, and will eventually be used to fly to Okinawa and Sapporo, not to Honolulu.

It actually looks like all three of their A350s might be there, but it's hard to tell with the quality of the pics.
edit on 10/12/2019 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Hey guys check out the youtube videos now. I'm not posting them here because I'd like those of interest to watch the videos.
Rivers over flowed, houses washed away, farmland ruined, mudslides burying houses, roads and bridges washed out. I few people are known dead and a few are known to have gone missing.
This typhoon was the king of kings type of typhoon.

We have been hit really hard this year. Mother Nature seems to be speaking to us, quit polluting the oceans and land.

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 12:56 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

they are saying they will get 20 inches of rain some areas got 36 inches...and THIS is concerning In Fukushima, Tokyo Electric Power Co reported irregular readings from sensors monitoring water in its Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant overnight. The plant was crippled by a 2011 earthquake and tsunami.

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 01:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: research100
a reply to: musicismagic

they are saying they will get 20 inches of rain some areas got 36 inches...and THIS is concerning In Fukushima, Tokyo Electric Power Co reported irregular readings from sensors monitoring water in its Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant overnight. The plant was crippled by a 2011 earthquake and tsunami.

its total disaster here plan and simple

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 01:35 AM
link   
a reply to: PhilbertDezineck

It's not exactly a small island.

You move further inland to avoid storm surges/flooding. Move away from its direct path.

But six million people...that's a lot of folks trying to do that. Hopefully there's a plan for something of this magnitude. I wish them all well.

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Wishing for the best outcomes possible for the people of the island of JAPAN.

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Lived through it on the 15th floor of a hotel at the harbour, the building was shaking enough but the earthquake at the start of it was more hair-raising.

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Hotel: Don’t open window because of the typhoon
Aero engineer: opens window (window disappears)
Hotel:🤦🏽‍♂️
This is actually a true story 😂😂
#areo101 #japanGP #JapaneseGP #TyphoonHagibis

F1

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: RexKramerPRT

Engineers and common sense aren't always known to get along together.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join