It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video of Turkish soldiers executing civilians on the M4 Highway in Syria

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit
a reply to: Gorgonite

I am Not my Brothers Keeper..........

Such a man of values. I love a man of values.

Problem is, you throw yours out the window 3 minutes after professing them.

YOU: "At least no American's were harmed"

ME: "Actually, Trump didn't pull out our troops and Turkey attacked them today"

YOU: "Welp, not my problem that Trump moved those troops and allowed Turkey to massacre our allies."

If the leader you support causes you to abandon your values, you have chosen the wrong leader.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: sybdragon

A blanket statement would be if I said all Trump supporters. I salute you for not going along with everything Trump does unlike some trump supporters on this site.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I don't understand how any American can look at the atrocities coming out of Syria and be ok with it. All Trump had to do was to tell Erdogan to pound sand. He didn't even bring our troops home. He just moved them out of Turkey's way.

None of this makes a damn bit of sense.

MORE GRAPHIC CONTENT

I am ashamed of our country. I'm even more ashamed that I voted for the monster who enabled this. I have blood on my hands too.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gorgonite

I am ashamed of our country. I'm even more ashamed that I voted for the monster who enabled this. I have blood on my hands too.

And I'm ashamed of you not being able to tell who is a Turkish soldier and who is not and jumping to conclusions--over and over again--to drum up support for your ignorance.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 08:43 PM
link   

My Condolences to the Kurdish Families who have Lost Love Ones due to Violence and War . But as an American , I View their Plight in Life as their Own . Survival IS NOT For the Faint of Heart .........C’est la vie .

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 02:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mach2

originally posted by: AaarghZombies

originally posted by: Elementalist
Why do people keep blaming America for others actions?

The United States of America and its military complex are not and never were responsible for the actions of two warring factions.

Previous administrations placed America between that nasty tensions with their own interests and allies..

The current administration is pulling out saying "our US military service men/women are more important than non Americans, we need to stop wasting resources and wealth on other peoples interests and wars".

Yet ignorant Americans cry why its Americas problem or fault?

Wake the f up and read some history on the ME. They have been killing each other forever for 2500+ years. That's how they do things.

Wasn't it American intervention in iraq and its support of the Arab spring that started the war in syria, which lead to the rise of isis, which caused this whole mess in the first place?

If you kick the ants nest you need to take responsibility when people get bitten.

Or, looking at it another way, when you are the bigest, wealthiest and most powerful nation in human history, people will look to you to use some of that power and wealth to help others in need.

Two points.

The first is that the best thing to do with a hive of fire ants is pour gasoline down the hole, and strke a match. You aren't solving the real problem by putting bactine on the bites. Are you sure you want to stick with that analogy?

The second is that while it is fine to expect want "help", you have to expect that it will be on the helpers terms. It is not dictated by the helpee. Altruism is a utopian fantasy, and goes against human nature. You may see that as a sad state of affairs, but it is what it is.

Pouring gasoline on real fire ants is one thing, but these fire ants are angry arabs. If you pour gasoline on real fire ants their cousins don't put on suicide belts and walk into the us consulate. Pouring metaphoric gasoline on real Arabs is what gets American into these situations in the first place. Remember 9/11? That was caused by Saudi who were angry about Washington supporting a brutal dictatorship in their home country.

And terms? What term exactly do you think the Kurds are demanding?

Do they want access to use domestic markets, do they want an affirmative action program, maybe the right to unionize?

I seem to remember them saying something about not abandoning their main localize allie.

Maybe if Washington followed your advice and found some gasoline for those fire ants, the ones that came from your yard?

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 02:56 AM
link   
The middle east needs to take care of itself if it cant then it continues to suffer

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Can we all rub that under your nose the next time you are going to use the pulling out of US troops as an argument for letting down Syrian civilian and Kurdish fighters?

It is a rhetorical question, obvious, we do not need your permission to point out the stupid argumentation of yours.
edit on 13-10-2019 by Oleandra88 because: a spelling error sneaked in

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 05:38 AM
link   

I don't understand how any American can look at the atrocities coming out of Syria and be ok with it.

The only people supporting this are trump's deranged supporters proving his words to be correct for once, he could openly kill people and not lose support from his brainwashed horde.

All Trump had to do was to tell Erdogan to pound sand.

Either erdogan has mucho muck on trump, possibly that trump tower in Istanbul? Or putin made the call, trump looks incredibly weak to the world.

He didn't even bring our troops home. He just moved them out of Turkey's way.

Facts are kryptonite to trump's deranged supporters.

Don't beat yourself up over it, contempt for the conmen and compassion for the conned. If everyone could see through conmen straightaway they wouldn't exist and nobody would lose money or dignity over scams.

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 05:40 AM
link   

I don't understand how any American can look at the atrocities coming out of Syria and be ok with it.

The only people supporting this are trump's deranged supporters proving his words to be correct for once, he could openly kill people and not lose support from his brainwashed horde.

All Trump had to do was to tell Erdogan to pound sand.

Either erdogan has mucho muck on trump, possibly that trump tower in Istanbul? Or putin made the call, trump looks incredibly weak to the world.

He didn't even bring our troops home. He just moved them out of Turkey's way.

Facts are kryptonite to trump's deranged supporters.

Don't beat yourself up over it, contempt for the conmen and compassion for the conned. If everyone could see through conmen straightaway they wouldn't exist and nobody would lose money or dignity over scams.

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 06:19 AM
link   

The United States of America and its military complex are not and never were responsible for the actions of two warring factions.

Previous administrations placed America between that nasty tensions with their own interests and allies..

The current administration is pulling out saying "our US military service men/women are more important than non Americans, we need to stop wasting resources and wealth on other peoples interests and wars".

Wake the f up and read some history on the ME. They have been killing each other forever for 2500+ years. That's how they do things.

Wasn't it American intervention in iraq and its support of the Arab spring that started the war in syria, which lead to the rise of isis, which caused this whole mess in the first place?

If you kick the ants nest you need to take responsibility when people get bitten.

Or, looking at it another way, when you are the bigest, wealthiest and most powerful nation in human history, people will look to you to use some of that power and wealth to help others in need.

Two points.

The first is that the best thing to do with a hive of fire ants is pour gasoline down the hole, and strke a match. You aren't solving the real problem by putting bactine on the bites. Are you sure you want to stick with that analogy?

The second is that while it is fine to expect want "help", you have to expect that it will be on the helpers terms. It is not dictated by the helpee. Altruism is a utopian fantasy, and goes against human nature. You may see that as a sad state of affairs, but it is what it is.

Pouring gasoline on real fire ants is one thing, but these fire ants are angry arabs. If you pour gasoline on real fire ants their cousins don't put on suicide belts and walk into the us consulate. Pouring metaphoric gasoline on real Arabs is what gets American into these situations in the first place. Remember 9/11? That was caused by Saudi who were angry about Washington supporting a brutal dictatorship in their home country.

Do they want access to use domestic markets, do they want an affirmative action program, maybe the right to unionize?

I seem to remember them saying something about not abandoning their main localize allie.

Maybe if Washington followed your advice and found some gasoline for those fire ants, the ones that came from your yard?

It wasn't my analogy. It was my way of pointing out someone else's bad analogy. Do you read entire exchanges, or do you often take things out of context.

From what I understand, the Kurds wanted to be self governing, which was not something that was the US's to give. That wouldn't have solved thr problem anyway, unless we stayed indefinitely.

So, I'll ask you, as no one else has given me a direct answer.

Should we have stayed indefinitely? Not a realistic option, in my opinion.

Stay until the hatred subsides? That may never happen, so also unrealiatic, IMO.

Stayed until Erdogan is no longer in power?
Well, at least that has a hope of occuring, but his replacement will likely be the same, unless we install and prop up a puppet regime. No, I'll pass on that.

So just exactly when would have been the right time to extricate our military, from a situation where we were not invited by either of the recognized, sovereign entities involved?

Are you really mad that we pulled out, or are you mad that President Trump is the one that made the decision?

I just don't see the situation getting any better. Stayng just because we can is senseless. We tried that. It was called Viet Nam.

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

originally posted by: Gorgonite

And I'm ashamed of you not being able to tell who is a Turkish soldier and who is not and jumping to conclusions--over and over again--to drum up support for your ignorance.

It doesn't matter what footwear those idiots were wearing. Those men, women and children would not be dead if Trump had told Turkey to pound sand. I'm ashamed of you.

Honestly you should be pissed at Trump. He is treating all of his supporters like retarded kids incapable the of seeing the truth right in front of their face. Here's his tweet from this morning.

Very smart not to be involved in the intense fighting along the Turkish Border, for a change. Those that mistakenly got us into the Middle East Wars are still pushing to fight. They have no idea what a bad decision they have made. Why are they not asking for a Declaration of War?

So much there he just expects his followers to just believe. Like the fighting “just happened” or that he just sent 2800 troops to Saudi Arabia because “they will pay”. Apparently we are a mercenary army now. Where is the declaration of war for sending our troops to fight and die in service of Saudi Arabia?

You should be pissed that you are being treated like an idiot. But you won’t be. You enjoy being told exactly what to believe. Exactly how to feel. It won’t be long until this false narrative is being repeated on this board.

If you had self respect you would be angry. We will see, but I’m not holding my breath.
edit on 13-10-2019 by Gorgonite because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Two points.

It wasn't my analogy. It was my way of pointing out someone else's bad analogy. Do you read entire exchanges, or do you often take things out of context.

From what I understand, the Kurds wanted to be self governing, which was not something that was the US's to give. That wouldn't have solved thr problem anyway, unless we stayed indefinitely.

So, I'll ask you, as no one else has given me a direct answer.

Should we have stayed indefinitely? Not a realistic option, in my opinion.

Stay until the hatred subsides? That may never happen, so also unrealiatic, IMO.

Stayed until Erdogan is no longer in power?
Well, at least that has a hope of occuring, but his replacement will likely be the same, unless we install and prop up a puppet regime. No, I'll pass on that.

So just exactly when would have been the right time to extricate our military, from a situation where we were not invited by either of the recognized, sovereign entities involved?

Are you really mad that we pulled out, or are you mad that President Trump is the one that made the decision?

I just don't see the situation getting any better. Stayng just because we can is senseless. We tried that. It was called Viet Nam.

We had 100 troops in the area. 100. There was no active fighting. All we were doing was guarding prisoners and training our allies, the Kurds. Trump did NOT remove those troops, he just moved them. They are NOT coming home. I’ve already linked to this information above.

So my question to you is what is the actual reasoning for “moving” those troops so quickly? Why couldn’t we have given the Kurds a week to evacuate the women and children so we could have avoided the atrocities of this weekend?

Sure if Trump thought the best move was to pull out, that’s fine. However, there are a million ways he could have handled this situation better. His inability to do anything other than snap decisions led directly to the death of hundreds of innocent civilians, many of them children.

Trump is not fit to be commander in chief.

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Too many trump sheep who don't question why trump quickly pulled out troops after talking to Erdogan.

I don't see how anyone can support trump now. I agree with Democrats sucking, but that doesn't mean it's okay to blindly support trump.

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Yea everyone who is not a blind trump supporter is questioning why he moved troops so quickly that resulted in turkey going after the kurds.

Trump is willing to help SA and put sanctions on Iran, but can't help the kurds by negotiating terms with turkey before moving troops?

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

We we're their allies and worked together until suddenly Trump decided we weren't. Im all for getting out of the ME, but this just reeks of fish. Trump talks to Turkey. Then pulls out troops. Then Turkey atracks our previous allies and we do nothing.

The whole "trump is pulling out of the ME" just doesn't add up.

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Tweet was deleted.

Probably because it is fake propaganda banking on the ignorance of idiot Americans with no experience in the Middle East.

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

We we're their allies and worked together until suddenly Trump decided we weren't. Im all for getting out of the ME, but this just reeks of fish. Trump talks to Turkey. Then pulls out troops. Then Turkey atracks our previous allies and we do nothing.

You, like many, are conflating the situation in Syria, with other ME situations, such as S.A.

They are not the same for many reasons.

We are in S.A. at the invitation of a recognized, soveregn government. That was not the case in Syria.

It is unlikely that anything would have quelled the hatred between the Turks and Kurds, regardless of how long we stayed. To me, that makes the "timing" a moot point.

Let's say, for the sake of arguement, that our troops were causing Turkey to refrain from going on the offensive. How long do we stay? There is no gaurentee that Ergoden doesn't, at some point, say enoughs enough, and go in anyway. Then ppl would be bitching Trump left a small force out to dry, would they not?

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Mach2

Pulling out troops without at least trying peace talks with kurds and turkey isn't fishy?

And no, turkey is not going to purposely kill u.s. troops and risk u.s. wrath just so they can wipe out the kurds.

It also makes u.s. look bad by creating an alliance with the kurds then ditching them after turkey calls the president.

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

You, like many, are conflating the situation in Syria, with other ME situations, such as S.A.

They are not the same for many reasons.

We are in S.A. at the invitation of a recognized, soveregn government. That was not the case in Syria.

It is unlikely that anything would have quelled the hatred between the Turks and Kurds, regardless of how long we stayed. To me, that makes the "timing" a moot point.

Let's say, for the sake of arguement, that our troops were causing Turkey to refrain from going on the offensive. How long do we stay? There is no gaurentee that Ergoden doesn't, at some point, say enoughs enough, and go in anyway. Then ppl would be bitching Trump left a small force out to dry, would they not?

So timing is a moot point?

Why did Trump make this happen in 24 hours? Why didn’t he give our allies a few days to evacuate the women and children? Why didn’t he move all those ISIS prisoners we fought so hard to capture?

He didn’t have to stay for years, but this knee jerk reaction is not how you run a government. Surely even you can see that?

As Turkish backed fighters approach a Kurdish held city in #Syria:
-700 #ISIS supporters escaped
-Erdogans forces are filming themselves beheading Kurds - U.S. troops are at serious risk of being cut off & of coming under attack by enemy fighters.

LINK

Have a little self respect. Stand up for something you believe in. Quit just defending Trump at every turn. Or keep defending him and continue being a useful idiot.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join