It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video of Turkish soldiers executing civilians on the M4 Highway in Syria

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: conspiracy nut

Wrong again. I am a Trump supporter and I don't agree with this. So your blanket statement is wrong.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: sybdragon

And the oil that we get from them all goes to California because California

You said we (the US) were energy independent.

You were wrong.

I assume you are talking about that dude killed in Turkey. The reporter dude was NOT who you think he was.

His name is Khashoggi. You think it's all right or acceptable for government agents to murder a journalist in a consulate?

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Elementalist
Why do people keep blaming America for others actions?

The United States of America and its military complex are not and never were responsible for the actions of two warring factions.

Previous administrations placed America between that nasty tensions with their own interests and allies..

The current administration is pulling out saying "our US military service men/women are more important than non Americans, we need to stop wasting resources and wealth on other peoples interests and wars".

Yet ignorant Americans cry why its Americas problem or fault?

Wake the f up and read some history on the ME. They have been killing each other forever for 2500+ years. That's how they do things.

Like you say, muzlims doing what muzlims do...They had a little reprieve while the U.S. military stood between them but at some point, they have to learn to live together, or one side kill off the other which is what they intend...

Quit worrying about it...It's not this life that matters, it's the next one...

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

And the oil that we get from them all goes to California because California

You said we (the US) were energy independent.

You were wrong.

I assume you are talking about that dude killed in Turkey. The reporter dude was NOT who you think he was.

His name is Khashoggi. You think it's all right or acceptable for government agents to murder a journalist in a consulate?

OK. I'm wrong. I don't know much about the energy consumption of the USA. Not a subject I watch. Just what I've heard and you can call me an idiot but I want it to be true. So I stand correct. It's my understanding that only California uses this oil because California refuses to put in a pipeline because of their eco-nut stuff. They get their oil off boats I hear.

Thank you. I forgot his name. I do not think it's all right, acceptable or anything else to murder anyone. Not even babies in the womb. I am against all murders. But they happen. I accept the things I can not change or it would drive me nutso. So I don't worry about things that don't affect me. His death didn't do anything for me. Did it do something for you?

Do I sound cold and unemotional? Probably to some people. Life has a tendency to make you the way you are and I've seen too much. Lived on the streets when I was a teenager and found out all about how nice and polite and moral the so called fine upstanding citizens are. Everyone is nasty when they want to be just some hide it better than others.

If I had my way, the USA military would come home. They would be on my southern and northern border keeping out illegals trying to come here and do damage to the USA. They would not be in other countries getting hurt, killed or doing any hurting and killing. Seen some of those dudes that come back. They are messed up. I watched the Vietnam vets kill themselves and I knew it would happen with the Iraqi guys. It has. They are just as screwed up by war as most other vets I've known. Didn't matter if they enlisted or got drafted. Messed up by war. Sucks and I think they were messed up needlessly. By people that didn't see them as humans but as cannon fodder.

I don't care what other countries do. As long as they do it somewhere else. And diplomatic immunity, which I don't agree with but there it is, seems to let murderers go all the time. So it's a nothing burger to me. I don't have the time, energy or emotions to waste on that stuff. I have too much in my life going on to worry about stuff I can't change. And no one listens to me anyway. That's what comes when you are just an average, ordinary, housewife with no education to speak of. They don't care what I think or feel. That has been shown to me repeatedly. No need to question it.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 06:11 PM
link   

we need to stop wasting resources and wealth on other peoples interests and wars".
a reply to: Mach2

This is THE issue, no?

Sending troops at the behest of the Kingdom of Saud does nothing but put us in a position of 'other peoples interest and wars', does it not?

This President does not have the cojones to pull us out.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 06:20 PM
link   

OK. I'm wrong.

Rare to hear around here.

I forgot his name. I do not think it's all right, acceptable or anything else to murder anyone.

Good to hear.

His death didn't do anything for me. Did it do something for you?

For me me? Hell no. But it's concerning to me that the US government is seemingly *ok* with a journalist being murdered and dismembered by a supposed "ally."

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 06:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ErEhWoN

Something is going haywire with the quote function. That was not my post.

To address the comment, though, I personally don't see the correlation between the two situations.

I would prefer to stay out of foreign conflicts as well, but that is not the reality of the world we live in.

The fact, as I understand them, is that we sold S.A. a missile defense system, that apparently was quite inneffective.

Like any dissatisfied "customer" that pays huge money for a product, they are probably insisting on satisfaction.

Aside from that, even though we don't buy oil from them, most of the world does, and like it, or not, the US economy is directly tied to the world economy as a whole. If oil stops flowing from the gulf region, it will negatively impact Americans in more ways than most ppl realize. Therefore, I would suggest that, in this case, our interests align with those of the Saudis.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 06:43 PM
link   

even though we don't buy oil from them,

We do. Just not as much as we used to.

eia.gov

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

I really doubt the US government was "OK" with it. In fact there were plenty of representatives the appeared in the media who clearly denounced it, both Dems and Reps, so I don't think the facts bear out that premis.

On the other hand, while the citizenry in general beleives the Saudis were likely involved, it wasn't enough to upset the apple cart, so to speak, let alone go to war. Most probably just saw it as typical ME day, and they aren't wrong.

If people got all jacked up every time there is a political murder in that area of the world, it would be never ending. Just because it was a reporter, doesn't make it worse, IMO. He was a s**t stirrer, that just happened to, purportedly, be a journalist. Was he trying to affect human rights abuses? Probably so, but he was aware of the risks involved when you open that can of worms in predomently Muslim countries.

Torture amd murder is not cool with me, but when I consider the number of deaths in places here, like Chicago, or Baltimore on an average weekend, it's hard to get worked up over one murder, half a world away, in a culture that does not share western values to begin with.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 06:52 PM
link   

even though we don't buy oil from them,

We do. Just not as much as we used to.

eia.gov

That's true, but it's more a matter of convenience, and trade agreements, than out ouf necessity, as it had beem in the past.

I should have phrased it differently, but I took the shortcut to making the point.

My bad

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 06:58 PM
link   

I really doubt the US government was "OK" with it. In fact there were plenty of representatives the appeared in the media who clearly denounced it, both Dems and Reps,

But did our president, you know, the leader and head of the US? Or just back to business as usual and then renting out our military as mercenaries?

On the other hand, while the citizenry in general beleives the Saudis were likely involved, it wasn't enough to upset the apple cart

The Saudis were involved. Fact.

“This was a heinous crime,” Prince Mohammed, 34, told “60 Minutes” in an interview that aired Sunday. “But I take full responsibility as a leader in Saudi Arabia, especially since it was committed by individuals working for the Saudi government.”
Time

But hey, never let a murder get in the way...

Just because it was a reporter, doesn't make it worse,

But because it was in a consulate, and those working for the government of our "ally," does.
edit on 12-10-2019 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Apparently, I didn't make my, and I beleive most Americans, position clear. I will simplify it for you.

It wasn't a "show stopper". President Trump did the right thing, given the circumstances, by not publicly making an "or else" declaration. I would guess he had an opinion that he shared with the Saudi officials privately.

Bottom line, I don't care enough to make a big deal over it, when we have our own domestic issues to be concerned with.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 07:11 PM
link   
They sure did act like the ''ISIS'' rats from videos of the past few years...

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 07:13 PM
link   

I didn't make my, and I beleive most Americans, position clear

Do you speak for most Americans?

I would guess he had an opinion that he shared with the Saudi officials privately.

Praise for autocrats would be my guess. He has a good track record there.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 07:22 PM
link   

I didn't make my, and I beleive most Americans, position clear

Do you speak for most Americans?

I would guess he had an opinion that he shared with the Saudi officials privately.

Praise for autocrats would be my guess. He has a good track record there.

I specifically said that is what I believe most Americans opininion of the matter is. I did that so as NOT to speak for them, but before today I haven't heard it brought up in conversation recently by anyone I have come in contact with. Therefore, I can pretty safely assume that its not an issue in the forefront of their thought processes.

At this point, you are just being an arguementative Trump hater, that has too closed of a mind to have respectful discourse. Oh well, that seems to be the leftist way.

Have a good night sir or ma'am.
edit on 10122019 by Mach2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 07:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
a reply to: Gorgonite

If they were Turkish soldiers, and they are not, it would have nothing to do with the US.
Grow up.

Aren't you just the cutest?

You're right, it has nothing to do with the US, nothing at all. It's not like all the US had to do was to tell Turkey to pound sand instead of moving our troops. But yeah, you're right, nothing to do with the US. I have no idea what I was thinking.

I guess all those dead people are alive now.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mach2

Apparently, I didn't make my, and I beleive most Americans, position clear. I will simplify it for you.

It wasn't a "show stopper". President Trump did the right thing, given the circumstances, by not publicly making an "or else" declaration. I would guess he had an opinion that he shared with the Saudi officials privately.

Bottom line, I don't care enough to make a big deal over it, when we have our own domestic issues to be concerned with.

I don't see how you can say Trump "did the right thing". The troops aren't even coming home. They were just moved to allow Turkey to invade.

The U.S. troops are still in Syria. He hasn’t brought them “home.” As Daniel Dale added yesterday, the United States still has about 1,000 soldiers in Syria, and that figure isn’t poised to change.

Jonathan Hoffman, chief Pentagon spokesman, said in a statement on Tuesday: “We have made no changes to our force presence in Syria at this time.” Less than an hour after Trump made his Thursday claim that there are “no soldiers in Syria,” a senior State Department official told reporters that the US military mission in Syria is ongoing.

“We had and still have a significant military mission there to ensure the enduring defeat of ISIS, also to maintain the stability of northeast Syria and the region given our other critical missions in the Near East,” the official said on a conference call conducted on condition of anonymity.

LINK

So how exactly did Trump do the "right thing"?
edit on 12-10-2019 by Gorgonite because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 07:36 PM
link   

" Do not click this link if you are upset by graphic videos. I cannot believe that America has allowed this to happen. If this isn’t the bar for going too far then I don’t know what is. "

At Least No American Servicemen were Killed . I am SURE you are Happy about that , RIGHT > ? ........

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

" Do not click this link if you are upset by graphic videos. I cannot believe that America has allowed this to happen. If this isn’t the bar for going too far then I don’t know what is. "

At Least No American Servicemen were Killed . I am SURE you are Happy about that , RIGHT > ? ........

See my post above. Our soldiers are still there.

Plus, Turkey intentionally fired upon them today. So I would argue they are less safe now than they were before.

Turkish forces who launched multiple artillery rounds near a U.S. Special Operations outpost in northeastern Syria on Friday have known for months that Americans were there, according to four current and former U.S. officials, raising questions whether Turkey is trying to push American troops farther from the border.

Link

Trump has made us a laughing stock.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 07:48 PM
link   

I am Not my Brothers Keeper..........

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join