It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video of Turkish soldiers executing civilians on the M4 Highway in Syria

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Nvm
edit on 12-10-2019 by operation mindcrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Fools

Um those aren't Turkish soldiers. Last I checked they did't wear tennis shoes.

Those are Turkish-backed jihadists(aka Turkmen) fighting for Turkey. It says so on the headline of the twitter. Also in the beginning of the video it says The Pigs of PYD Party. If you search for it, the PYD party is the Democratic Union Party (Syria) which according to wiki

Turkey president Recep Tayyip Erdoğan has in August 2016 stated "extermination of the PYD" is a policy aim of the government of Turkey.

Peace
edit on 12-10-2019 by Seed76 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-10-2019 by Seed76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 02:04 PM
link   

The current administration is pulling out saying "our US military service men/women are more important than non Americans, we need to stop wasting resources and wealth on other peoples interests and wars".
a reply to: Elementalist

You got a link to that?

Last I heard we were sending 3000 troops IN.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: ErEhWoN

The current administration is pulling out saying "our US military service men/women are more important than non Americans, we need to stop wasting resources and wealth on other peoples interests and wars".
a reply to: Elementalist

You got a link to that?

Last I heard we were sending 3000 troops IN.

Into Syria? I haven't heard anything about that. Do you have a link?

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Elementalist
Why do people keep blaming America for others actions?

The United States of America and its military complex are not and never were responsible for the actions of two warring factions.

Previous administrations placed America between that nasty tensions with their own interests and allies..

Yet ignorant Americans cry why its Americas problem or fault?

Wake the f up and read some history on the ME. They have been killing each other forever for 2500+ years. That's how they do things.

For a concise answer you will have to look at history for a moment.

Back in the early 20th century America was a protectionist nation more or less, it did little trade with other nation's but as the US economic and technological power grew it's corporation's wanted to expand into overseas markets which at that time were dominated by the European powers mainly the English and the French colonial and imperial powers which in many way's also functioned in a protectionist manner.

At the end of the second world war the US pushed for these old empires to disband and so they did since by this time the US was the main power in the world BUT the cold war was also starting so unable and unwilling to allow the Soviet's to then fill the vacuum they had themselves brought about the US then had to act to maintain as much Democratic (using the term extremely loosely as it was often anything but and included war lords and junta's) control over not only the former imperial powers former colonies but also it's own weaker neighbouring nation's to the south in the America's.

This in turn meant that the US had to then build an Empire of it's own even if it never called it that and with the rest of the now diminishing western world's powers on side (since with there own loss of power being exhausted by ww2 they had to hold onto the power of the US for dear survival or face a possible soviet annexation of themselves) it was able to do just that (in fact it had no choice but to) BUT once a creation like this get's going there is really only one way it can then survive and that is to continue to expand and to meddle and interfere in other nation's interests WERE they intersect it's own interests or those of it's corporation's.

So Economics was the driving force just as it had been with the creation of the British Empire but it began as a matter of national AND Ideological security.

All Empires breed enemy's, some are justified but other's are often far worse than the empire they choose to hate and attack.

Even in nation's that had not had a US presence in the past the sheer size of the US as the world's most powerful Empire (in everything but name) meant that it had enemy's many of whom just as they had with the British before chose to square up to the strongest nation they could find to magnify there own importance and gain support from other likeminded (and often evil - these were no fairy tale freedom fighters and neither were the majority of such that fought to overthrow the British colony's as our empire died) group's.

It is therefore a convoluted thing to explain but in a nutshell.

US is the most militaristically and economically powerful nation on earth, it has influence so strong and bases in so many part's of the world that call it what you may like it is more or less an imperial power and that paint's a big target on anything and everything that can be called US for haters - and there will always be haters.

As for why people are blaming the US for Turkey, well they are wrong BUT the US is perhaps the only nation with the political ability to stop Turkey if they wanted to even if they then had to call it a coalition.

The US in the 20th century has been mostly a force for good, the 21st century is far too early to pass a similar statement as yet and as far as the latter half of the 20th century is concerned the US tarnished it's own reputation for good by backing military junta's whom often committed terrible atrocity's in south America and other places often for political reason's - but more often for corporate reason's as the real enemy of the US that Eisenhower warned you of has long since overthrown your democracy and turned your government into a paid puppet, that being the MIC as you should already know.

Eisenhower saw what was coming and fearing for the future generations of the US he tried to warn you, indeed the MIC got so powerful they were even able to bring down president's and to assassinate at least one of them whom were creating hurdles in there path.

Your industry's and your military are NOT supposed to be governing your nation or lobbying your politician's, rather your electorate is supposed to be in charge with people that represent them in your government, not people that represent only the mercenary multinational financial interests of corporation's but the interests of your nation itself.

And don't think you are alone in this, Britain is in a similar boat and I am certain the EU is as well.

edit on 12-10-2019 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 02:25 PM
link   
You honestly can't believe anything they say anymore. They want their war and they will get it if people take the bait.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 02:49 PM
link   

The United States of America and its military complex are not and never were responsible for the actions of two warring factions.

Previous administrations placed America between that nasty tensions with their own interests and allies..

Wake the f up and read some history on the ME. They have been killing each other forever for 2500+ years. That's how they do things.

Wasn't it American intervention in iraq and its support of the Arab spring that started the war in syria, which lead to the rise of isis, which caused this whole mess in the first place?

If you kick the ants nest you need to take responsibility when people get bitten.

Or, looking at it another way, when you are the bigest, wealthiest and most powerful nation in human history, people will look to you to use some of that power and wealth to help others in need.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies

Wasn't it American intervention in iraq and its support of the Arab spring that started the war in syria, which lead to the rise of isis, which caused this whole mess in the first place?

If you kick the ants nest you need to take responsibility when people get bitten.

Or, looking at it another way, when you are the bigest, wealthiest and most powerful nation in human history, people will look to you to use some of that power and wealth to help others in need.

Two points.

The first is that the best thing to do with a hive of fire ants is pour gasoline down the hole, and strke a match. You aren't solving the real problem by putting bactine on the bites. Are you sure you want to stick with that analogy?

The second is that while it is fine to expect want "help", you have to expect that it will be on the helpers terms. It is not dictated by the helpee. Altruism is a utopian fantasy, and goes against human nature. You may see that as a sad state of affairs, but it is what it is.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: AaarghZombies

Sometimes you have to kick the ant's nest or let it get out of control, nuclear weapon's in the hand's of rogue states and the more rogue states that have them the more likelihood of them actually being used against the west as well as one another but most likely against the west.

Iraq first gulf war, fully justified, second gulf war not so much and in part about oil but it backfired as did Britain and France's attempt to grab the oil in Libya (that was all the Libyan war was about the oil - the US did not want to get involved but both the UK and France called in favours on that one and look were it got us a steady stream of migrant's which that colonel fellow had been holding back so he was not actually half as bad as our politics made him out to be - though he did help terrorists a lot - not Isis though whom he also hated so a potential ally turned into an enemy and another state left in ruin's).

Historically the second gulf war was waged under false pretences and should never have happened, the EU is paying the price for it now BUT Hussein was a very bad man and either way he had to go just not the way we did it or for the real reason's we did it and we did it all wrong as well leaving that power vacuum that allowed Isis to come into being.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Gorgonite

Wrong. Saudi is our ally. We are not defending the USA's interests at all over there except for the weapons Saudi buys. The Saudi oil goes to the EU and other places. The USA has no interests in that area anymore. It's why Trump is pulling out of there. If he was going to defend the USA interests Trump would be doing something about the shipping lanes. But he's not. That is not our area so we are not going to do anything about it. Let the countries that get oil from them clean it up. Not the USA's problem anymore since we became energy independent like Russia.

Trump is not going to war with Iran over Saudi Arabia. That's not a good enough excuse for us and would be overkill IMO. Now if the Saudi's want to take on Iran, that would be in the USA's benefit as long as they bought USA weapons.

LOL Telling Turkey we were not moving our troops out for a terrorist group? Right. Those were not Trump's allies. He didn't pick them. Obama and others did and Trump inherited a no win situation. Trump is just cleaning up Obama's mess. Our job there is done. We don't care if Turkey goes to war with the Kurds. Not our business. Neither is Syria. Let Russia or Syria handle it. It's their problem, not ours.

Violence is a way of life in those societies and they don't care if you like it or not. The Kurds had their peace. All they had to do was agree with Syria, Russia, USA and Turkey. You know? The only legit governments over there. They would not play ball. They get what they asked for. A different ballgame than the one they were offered in peace. The Kurds chose to go to war, ran to it as fast as they could go. I don't feel pity for people that run to their deaths instead of fleeing from it. That's insanity to me.

You watch how Afghanistan reacts when the USA pulls outta there. That should be interesting. And Trump is going to pull us outta there. Just a matter of time. Tired of wasting money and blood on idiots.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: sybdragon

Well said, but it falls on deaf ears. TDS blurs reality you know.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

Excellent post. Just EXCELLENT!!! Hat's off to ya.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Mach2

Your post I quoted says nothing about Syria.

You said pulling out, did you mean Syria?

I took it as the Middle East.
I would LOVE to see us pull out of the Middle East ENTIRELY (incl Israel), but I don't think this President has the balls.
edit on 12-10-2019 by ErEhWoN because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies

No. It was not the Iraqi invasion that started this. It was undertaken because they wanted to remove Assad from power in Syria. The Syrians fought back and it didn't happen. Obama, by default the USA, lost that war they started illegally for nothing. When Trump took over, he made the mission to get rid of the terrorists Obama armed and let run wild over there. Trump did a good thing but people do not seem to realize it. This is what the country of Syria and their allies, Russia and Iran, want. The USA out of Syria and they will deal with the Kurds. As they are allowing Turkey to go in and smash the Kurds, I guess Syria and Russia want that to happen. The USA has no dog in this game. Never did.

Obama was in the wrong. Not Trump.

There is a conspiracy plan running around that tells how they are going to take out 7? countries, of which Iraq, Iran, Libya, Syria and I forget all of them, but the plan was to replace all these country's governments. Trump is putting a stop to that plan at this time. It was a "central bank" plan that these countries refused to fall in line with. A global banking system of control. Trump is trying to remove the USA central bank so why would he want to stay and replace Assad with one? He doesn't care who is over Syria. It's their land, their people and not the USA's problem.

As far as using power and wealth to help others? Seems to me, the USA has used up it's wealth and power on ingrates. I'm done with them. Time to come home and let the ingrates do their thing all by themselves. They are not my people, my land or my problem. I don't care if they kill each other off. Their loss, not mine. I don't want to cry over any American blood for people that stab you in the back and it seems that those people over there don't like us. Will use and abuse us if we allow them too but they hate us. Why should we help people that hate us? That's stupidity.

Syria is done. Trump cleaned up Obama's terrorist's groups and put them in camps/prisons. We did what Trump stated our goal was. Our job is done there.

And for a country that is so so rich and all, why is it that all I hear is how broke we are and in debt. GDP and all that jazz. If we owe money, we don't have money to give away. We need to pay our own bills and quit spending money we ain't got. That's called a budget in my house.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Hypntick

Unless it's in Saudi Arabia

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 04:09 PM
link   

I know and it's so sad to me. I think it's a mental illness. I really do. Perfectly reasonable people have just gone totally bonkers over one man. They have gone so bonkers they will even turn on their own beliefs that they held until he came into office. And they are so blind they don't even see how big of a hypocrite they have become. Even when it's pointed out to them. But yet, they want me to look at pictures or whatever showing how they are so correct and moral and I am so wrong and immoral while not even considering or even pretending to look at anything I have. They have no tolerance, no love in them. They just seem to be hate and rage filled completely. Almost possessed. I really think they are in a cult and are brainwashed but they don't realize it. Kind of like those cults back in the 60s and 70s where people would pay someone to kidnap their kid/relative/friend out of cult and put them in de-programming. People paid huge money for this. I guess there are too many in the cult these days or no one cares about them enough to help them.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: ErEhWoN

Your post I quoted says nothing about Syria.

You said pulling out, did you mean Syria?

I took it as the Middle East.
I would LOVE to see us pull out of the Middle East ENTIRELY (incl Israel), but I don't think this President has the balls.

The thread, however, was about Syria/Turkey.

Why do ppl insist on conflating the two issues. The two are only superficially related, at best.
edit on 10122019 by Mach2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: sybdragon

Saudi is our ally.

Nothing says "ally" like 9/11 and chopping up a journalist.

Let the countries that get oil from them clean it up. Not the USA's problem anymore since we became energy independent like Russia.

Wrong. eia.gov

Also.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Well Trump supporters were jumping up and down celebrating that Trump was going to bring our troops home, well he pulled 100 out of Syria only to put 2800 in Saudi Arabia. So much for keeping our boys out of harm's way. Winning? Sad.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Well you can spin it any way you want to. Do I like Saudi as our ally? No. Do I think Saudi did 9/11? Along with Israel? Yes.

And the oil that we get from them all goes to California because California, due to some insect, bird, reptile or something, will not allow a pipeline from Texas to them. So that is all California and the rest of the USA doesn't seem to need California and California is turning into a third world country fast, that's their own fault. I got no pity for California either. I noticed my gas prices went up for one day and not even the entire day where I live when Saudi's oil refinery got hit. But I hear California is now paying through the nose for gas. I don't know if that's because there is so much demand for the blackout there because their refineries were changing over to the winter mix or the fact that their oil didn't make it for a few days and that always takes a little while to catch up. Doesn't matter. California is the only state that it affected. The USA could get cut off the ME oil and make it just fine. Gas might go up some for a while but it would go back down and Trump would open up the national reserves to help it.

I assume you are talking about that dude killed in Turkey. The reporter dude was NOT who you think he was. His family, this is known to all that are looking, was in the arms dealing trade. Not all of it legal. Maybe he was selling to the wrong person. Things are overlooked if you bribe someone or sell to who they approve of but if you don't, whack off his head. That's business in the big ole world. Besides, he's a Saudi citizen and Saudi has the right to kill their own citizens if they want. Just because he was in Turkey doesn't seem to matter to the big boys in the game. Borders are not just invisible lines in the sand to them, they are non-existent in matter such as these. And embassies are consider home turf when you are in another country, not the country it sits in and all that legal mumbo jumbo stuff.

Sometimes, allies and enemies are the same entity, just depending on the circumstances. And sometimes, you can not blame a country for what it's own countrymen do even if you want to. Governments can not control all their people. And Saudi seems to get rid of their problems by killing them off. Works for them. Who am I to disagree with them? It's their business.

What part of busybody do people not understand? The USA was a busybody. Now we are not. Everyone was upset we were busybodies and now they are upset that we are not. Pick one. Both have consequences to them. I prefer the non-busybody role myself. Cheaper and easier. Besides, it makes less enemies.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join