It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why no mention of the CA power outage and Fires?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 10:14 AM
link   
They shut power down to 800k+ residents for some bogus safety concerns. Fires starting too from possible simultanious explosions, detected on satellite imagery. It is suppose to last 5+ days.
edit on 12-10-2019 by TheGreatWork because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 10:15 AM
link   
There are over 2 million people without power and it's starting to kill people.

Just another example of the lost cause that is California.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheGreatWork
They shut power down to 800k+ residents for some bogus safety concerns. Fires starting too from possible simultanious explosions, detected on satellite imagery. It is suppose to last 5+ days.

They haven't figured out how to blame Trump yet...

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: TheGreatWork

It's been all over the news, particularly in California where I was for work this past week. Not sure what you've been reading or watching.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 10:36 AM
link   

They're investigating arson for either the Sylmar or the Porter Ranch fire, not sure which. The Calimesa fire, which took out 73 mobile homes, was started by a trash truck driver whose load caught fire and so he dumped the on fire load on the side of the road! They say that fire was responsible for the loss of 73 homes!

CALIMESA, Calif. (KABC) -- Determining the cause of any fire usually takes some time, but that isn't the case for a wildfire that erupted in Calimesa Thursday which killed at least one person and destroyed dozens of structures.
….

The flames from the burning pile of trash quickly spread and ignited nearby vegetation in flames, according to Cal Fire Riverside Capt. Fernando Herrera.

Fire officials provide details on cause of massive brush fire

A 500-acre brush fire that erupted in Calimesa on Thursday afternoon was sparked when a trash truck dumped a burning load in the area, fire officials confirmed.

Shawn Melvin was driving behind the garbage truck and his son in the passenger seat managed to capture video, which shows plumes of smoke billowing out from the back of the truck.

"I was pleading with him, begging with him: 'Don't stop here. If you already have fire it's going to catch, even pull onto the overpass on the 10 Freeway, anywhere but here," Melvin said.

He added that the driver of the truck seemed to have a blank stare when Melvin confronted him.

"He honestly said 'I don't know what to do, what do you do?' and then him following protocol where he works of dumping the trash out when it's on fire. What they were trying to do is save a $150,000 rig and (it) ended up that protocol bit him in the butt, because you don't do that on a windy day," Melvin said.

Considering the damage that action caused, the fate of the driver remains unclear.

abc7.com...

IDIOT!

We live one block outside of the power shut off zone, but we're inundated with smoke from the Porter Fire.

edit on 12-10-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 11:14 AM
link   

There are power lines for thousands of miles everywhere else in North America, yes going through forests, and yes when it's 85F in the summer and NONE are so magical as California's to start fires everywhere.

The POWER is OFF in "at risk" parts of California

Regardless, Gov. Newsom indicated that over 200 fires started in the past 24 hours WHILE THE POWER IS OFF

The power is off- this proves that the vast majority of California wildfires are ARSON and have always been caused by ARSON

I know
Politically incorrect to speak the TRUTH

Libtards.....always creating Alinsky-style artificial disasters for political purposes and CONTROL

WAKE UP !!!

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I noticed too that it's touched upon but definitely being downplayed considering the magnitude of the issues---from the fire and destruction itself to the behind the scenes cronyism that allowed it to happen.

Cali citizens definitely had a fast one pulled on them in a number of ways. I'm sure the fat cats involved and their fat stacks are okay.

I reckon some here find this yet another "nothing to see here" exercise in willful ignorance while the rest understand that there are serious--even dire--questions about corporate/political culpability.
edit on 12-10-2019 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: M5xaz

There are power lines for thousands of miles everywhere else in North America, yes going through forests, and yes when it's 85F in the summer and NONE are so magical as California's to start fires everywhere.

Regardless, Gov. Newsom indicated that over 200 fires started in the past 24 hours WHILE THE POWER IS OFF

The power is off- this proves that the vast majority of California wildfires are ARSON and have always been caused by ARSON

I know

Libtards.....always creating Alinsky-style artificial disasters for political purposes and CONTROL

WAKE UP !!!

Right, then they say they are going to close the tunnels because it wont have lights and it violates safety codes, yet they will still teach kids at school in the dark, which I am sure violates many codes. Something is afoot!

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: TheGreatWork

They haven't figured out how to blame Trump yet...

I think you are spot on with your explanation. If they want to get extreme coverage, Trump has to mention they are handling it on Twitter.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Just to be clear:

The massive power shut off was planned and instituted by Pacific Gas & Electric (PG&E), by itself, without the consent or consultation of the California state government.

PG&E took this drastic, unilateral action because it could not ensure the safe performance of its rural power lines.

In the past, these lines have cause fires that have lead to fatalities in high wind conditions.

What is most important to remember is that PG&E is, and has been, required by the state to maintain its transmission lines and the right of way under and near those lines to prevent accidental fires!

Instead of spending the money necessary to maintain their transmission lines and clear the areas under and near those lines of flammable brush and trees, PG&E diverted those funds into stockholder dividends, corporate officer bonuses, and lobbyists.

The State, operating on taxpayer funds, does not have the resources/manpower to verify that PG&E is compliant with the regulations regarding maintenance of the power lines PG&E owns.

It’s been estimated that PG&E is responsible for power lines whose total length equal twice the total length of the entire US interstate highway system.

This whole power shut off debacle is just one more example of Corporate Greed superseding Public Need.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Since the power company has been held responsible for the Camp Fire and the loses, I would guess they are making a statement.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 12:31 PM
link   

I live in Illinois little small town around 50k people. The local news has been covering it here last couple days.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 12:49 PM
link   
California is becoming just like a South American banana republic. They have power outages, arrests for believing the wrong thing and high levels of authoritarianism. Hopefully they won’t drag the entire country down with them.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Let’s try not to make it out to be something so simple. There are definitely many suspicious facets to this situation that shouldn’t be ignored but investigated further. The very first thing that came to mind when I read of the coming shutdown was “Enron 2.0”.

This is manipulation & conditioning at its best. We would be wise to look further into the players shorting energy stocks while at the same time buying oil futures over the last couple weeks (making money on all sides). The majority of generators that are permanently installed at a site run on natural gas. Who provides natural gas? PG&E. So not only do they get to shut their power plants down but also get to make a killing off the businesses/people that properly planned. Regardless, these investors need to be ousted & shunned in public for profiting off of others misery while hiding behind the counter with their hands in the cash register while at the same time trying to portray a noble public image - it’s absolutely sickening.

It was also all too coincidental that they shutdown during the anniversary of the last fire. This lends more credence in the belief that we weren’t told the real causes of last years fires. I recall seeing IR satellite imagery showing the 3 fires (triangle) all starting within 3 mins of each other. If coordinated arson is indeed the underlying behind the scenes belief by people in the real know this timing would make much more sense. Idea being shutoff power and if arson happens, they say look, it couldn’t have been us and we can’t be scapegoated?! While the players in the markets are basically given “insider trading” information because the pubic had to be warned/notified. This gave time to move their chips appropriately. Never let a crisis go to waste, right?

I encourage everyone to watch “enron: smartest guys in the room”. If you have a shorter attention span skip to about 60% of the way through when they specifically get into California energy market manipulations and the processes they used to accomplish it. There are so many parallels one can’t at least be more suspicious and make you want to dig further. Interesting that the doc has been removed from netflix and is now only pay-per-view on amazon prime.

It feels like we are being played from multiple angles for many reasons. We really need to start connecting these dots..

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: cognizant420

I live in Illinois little small town around 50k people. The local news has been covering it here last couple days.

I meant no mention of it on here.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar

PG&E is required to maintain those and lines and ways under them, but what happens when environmental regulations in the state make it difficult to maintain those ways in a manner which makes fire most unlikely because we're all into preservation now?

People aren't allowed to clear brush out in ways that would best hinder fire, and since a lot of the ecosystem out there depends on periodic fires to propagate, when you're preventing fire as much as you can and the plants depend on being tinder ... you create catastrophes in the making.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: M5xaz

I know

WAKE UP !!!

Nobody here is going to say it? Well I guess I will be the first

I suggest everyone look up budget cuts for firefighters and fires randomly getting started around the same time. Also look up fireman arsonist with connections to property development companies if anyone wants to deep dive on this stuff.

Firefighters get paid to start fires for property development companies who know most people will take a buyout on their property and the insurance money for their homes and just move.

They can buy up the property cheap and donate a large amount to the fire house that they used.

Nobody suspects these guys ever!

en.m.wikipedia.org...
edit on 12-10-2019 by Veryolduser because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bhadhidar
Instead of spending the money necessary to maintain their transmission lines and clear the areas under and near those lines of flammable brush and trees, PG&E diverted those funds into stockholder dividends, corporate officer bonuses, and lobbyists.

The State, operating on taxpayer funds, does not have the resources/manpower to verify that PG&E is compliant with the regulations regarding maintenance of the power lines PG&E owns.

As long as that lobbyist money is coming in it seems Cali can't do anything about it.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Read about an old dude on oxygen who died two hours they killed his lectric. Sounds like manslaughter to me.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
There are over 2 million people without power and it's starting to kill people.

Just another example of the lost cause that is California.

The irony here is that the left can't see the forest for the trees in their decision making.

edit on 12-10-2019 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join