It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California Voters Removed Gray Davis In 2003 Thru Recall Campaign Is Gavin Newsom Next?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 09:48 AM
link   
As Californians deal with yet another engineered power outage, there is a movement underway to oust the state’s current governor, Gavin Newsom.

In Northern California, nearly a million people had their power cut by Pacific Gas & Electric, in order to prevent wires from sparking wildfires due to its faulty infrastructure. This affects nearly 34 California counties and because this blackout may last for days, a Stanford economist predicts this could result in over a $2 billion dollar loss.

Stanford economist Michael Wara estimates turning off the power could cost as much as $2.6 billion.

Back in 2003, then governor Gray Davis was successfully removed from office by a recall election, because Californians believed Davis had mismanaged events leading to the California electricity crisis of the early 2000s.

The recall effort was the first successful recall of a California governor, and only the second recall of a state governor in American history. The recall, which had its origins in how Davis handled a crisis in the state's electricity industry, was described as recently as December 2009 as the "one event [that] shaped California politics more than any other in this decade.

CA's current governor, Gavin Newsom had better watch out, because he may suffer the same fate. Many Californians are upset not only on the planned blackout, but also with Newsom's policies that is turning California into a "third-world state."

Or is it, as Hoover Institute historian Victor Davis Hanson indirectly responded in a Fox News interview, “America’s first third-world state” with widening income and wealth disparities, rampant homelessness, poor schools, and rising disease levels despite high taxes? “We have a medieval society,” Hanson asserted, with a wealthy “royal elite,” including Newsom, that prospers while ordinary Californians “are treated like peasants.”

Today, a petition to recall Governor Gavin Newsom, has nearly 150,000 signatures and looks like it has a shot getting the required 1,495,709 signatures to force a recall election.

To qualify the recall effort for the 2020 ballot, petitioners must collect 1,495,709 valid signatures, which is equivalent to 12% of the 12,464,235 votes cast in the last election for governor.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Sorry but California is a lost cause.

Nothing will change there. Too busy being woke and progressive.
edit on 10 12 2019 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

You may be right, but I admire the number of Californian patriots who have decided to take a stand.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
Sorry but California is a lost cause.

Nothing will change there. Too busy being woke and progressive.

The problem is leftist are really bad at connecting dots. They will often rebel when progressive policies affect their pockets directly, but are really bad about understanding how the overall ideology creates the issues they often complain about. This is why you have situations where liberals flee the sh*tholes they create to move to other areas and continue to bring their political voting habits with them (and the problems they fled).

Let me give you a specific example with CA. People are complaining about out of control housing cost in CA. So what does Gavin Newsome do? They passed a rent control bill last week that will do nothing but continue to raise the cost of housing. It may feel good to leftist, but anyone with rudimentary understanding of economics knows it will cause a shortage of housing. So as housing cost continue to increase, they won't connect the dots to previous legislation that is causing the problem.
edit on 12-10-2019 by Edumakated because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Newsome epitomizes the out- of- touch politician. He is a cartoon character. Adam Corolla destroyed him on his radio show. Absolutely ripped him to pieces. When Newsome would NOT give a straight answer, Corolla just flat-out began insulting him. Corolla became so frustrated at Newsome's insane b.s., he just mocked him. Newsome showed his character that day! Newsome is the embodiment of the politician that TV shows like South Park and The Simpsons like to make fun of.

He's doesn't care about the people of California. Here he is gushing and bragging about raising $5 million at the wildfire
music benefit. (Even though the damage was nearly $12 billion) It's obvious how he's getting off on playing celebrity.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

He's doesn't care about the people of California.

Yeah, just like his auntie, Nancy Pelosi, not caring about the needs and concerns of low and middle class American people. They're just elite snobs, who only care about $$$ and power.

How eight elite San Francisco families funded Gavin Newsom’s political ascent

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Im in Cali and was out of power for 2 days, and have been abused by Calicrap for long enough. This is a serious recall. I just pray someone qualified to get cali under control will step up to the plate who understands our problems and has the balls to do something about it.

Petitions are in several local locations.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Sadly, Portland and Salem are trying to take Oregon in California's direction.

Rural Oregonians are standing up more and more, but Kate Brown is at least as bad, likely vastly worse than ol Gavin.

Soros and company changed tactics to state government palm greasing.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Too many unflushable turds in CA.

It would, unfortunately, need an act of God to start cleaning that place up.

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

He's doesn't care about the people of California. Here he is gushing and bragging about raising $5 million at the wildfire

I wonder how much of that went under the table to his back pocket ?

posted on Oct, 12 2019 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Even If he was Recalled , if a Republican didn't become his Replacement , Cally is Still Fooked .......

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

" California Gov. Gavin Newsom Signs Bill Forcing Public Universities to Dispense Abortion Drugs "

www.breitbart.com...

" California Gov. Gavin Newsom (D) signed a bill into law that requires public colleges and universities in the state to distribute abortion drugs, effectively turning the schools into first-trimester abortion clinics."

The False God Baal must be Pleased his Slaves who Empower him to Destroy Humanity are Working Overtime to Fulfill his Evil . I Hope California Gov. Gavin Newsom Burns in the Fire for Eternity for such Blasphemy Against Almighty God .....

posted on Oct, 13 2019 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I am Just curious as to what everyone's suggestion is for fixing this debacle?

As a person on the outside of the west coast region, but in a state of similar policy debacles, all I seem to see is a bunch of blame game bs and finger pointing.

What would be the way to fix this?

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: liejunkie01

First we need to secure the border with a fence so border patrol agents can focus their time on removing all illegals from California. This will open up housing for our homeless. Our school system would immediately have the money they need to properly educate American children. Less traffic on the freeways, less competition for jobs. Free education for all means no education for anyone.

One of our biggest problems is the illegal drug trade from Mexico. A fence would also give our border patrol agents the manpower needed to do a better job of screening the drugs that come in by mail or aircraft or even the tunnels.

Illegal immigration is the root of most of Californias problems and of course the Liberal idiots who have betrayed American Citizens by allow us to be infiltrated by foreigners.

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: liejunkie01

I am Just curious as to what everyone's suggestion is for fixing this debacle?

How do you stop wildfires? That's the reason this recall vote is happening.
Blame old testament gawd for reasons or, take a look at the environmental issues?

posted on Oct, 14 2019 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: contextual

I live in N. California, in the Redding area which has been ravished by wild fires and Im also pretty close to Paradise that burned to the ground. I also have lots of family in Santa Rosa which burned down a couple of years ago. I have to say that I would rather loose power for a few days then get burned to the ground.

I have a host of other issues with Newsom and he needs to go, mostly related to high gas prices, illegal healthcare, open border agenda, homeless issues and drug issues, but I personally do not place the blame for power outages on him. However it does really bother me that Pge donated 200 K to him.

Our forests are so full of dead wood up here that it takes your breath away, It is mismanaged by our forestry service. The lands owned by the mill companies like Sierra Pacifir are in much better shape.

edit on 14-10-2019 by misskat1 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join