It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

I have webbed toes, could this be an inherited trait from an 'aquatic' human race?

page: 2
0
<< 1   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by GazrokBTW, how many of us are there is FL? We need to all get together sometime!



is this get together going to be all florida ats members or just those with webbed feet?




posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 12:53 PM
link   
So the topic is a little far fetched, at least it is an attention getter. From what I have researched in the past syndactyly happens in about 1 in 2,000. I know 3 other people in my town with it and have met 1 local girl who had them too. By the way they are webbed, if they were fused I would not be able to move each toe seperatly. My grandmom who barely has them is Polish so thats where the gene came from.

Its not so much that Ive been swimming my whole life, never competive until my junior year in high school and whooped people who have been competing most of their life, I could kick a 500 faster than most of my high school team could swim it, enough boasting but last time I checked a defect doesnt give a person an advantage.

So are the Floridia ATSers going to have bash or what?



posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Did you kids pay attention in Biology classes?? In the development of the human fetus - we ALL have gills and a tail - a throwback to our evolutionary development. Thankfully for most of us these structures are re-absorbed early on in the process (some really nasty stillborn things do happen and they are quite gruesome) - the webbing is a genetic defect as pointed out - usually recessive but it looks like you may have hit the genetic lottery to carry that as a dominant now and is usually corrected surgically at birth to keep the other kiddies from laughing. Your kids and grandkids will not be thanking you for that malfunction - probably a closely related oops back in the family tree somewhere, then again, get the kids in the pool - I detect Olympic winners..!! I haven't kept up but I suspect they have the gene identified and can probably test for it's presence as an FYI....



posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrod
So the topic is a little far fetched, at least it is an attention getter. From what I have researched in the past syndactyly happens in about 1 in 2,000. I know 3 other people in my town with it and have met 1 local girl who had them too. By the way they are webbed, if they were fused I would not be able to move each toe seperatly. My grandmom who barely has them is Polish so thats where the gene came from.

Its not so much that Ive been swimming my whole life, never competive until my junior year in high school and whooped people who have been competing most of their life, I could kick a 500 faster than most of my high school team could swim it, enough boasting but last time I checked a defect doesnt give a person an advantage.

So are the Floridia ATSers going to have bash or what?


Stop worrying about your fused toes and go practice then. Get a scholarship so your parents can spend your college fund on themselves. Or maybe you can use the money to get those toes cut.



posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by UofCinLA
Did you kids pay attention in Biology classes?? In the development of the human fetus - we ALL have gills and a tail - a throwback to our evolutionary development.


I think this is just based on those series of sketches of the embryo as it developed in the womb, and as been debunked as a fraud. Can't remember who drew them though - anyone?



posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Huh?? Sorry, it's not bunk.... I've seen the photos and you can too on that new show - Womb that is coming out soon. I was a bio guy and ex is a doc.... Or you can go find a medical reference on fetal development and the malfunctions/defects and pathology of said problems and really prepare to hurl....

These defects (that leave gills and tails) do not make a viable human BTW - so you only see real photos in the pathology texts and most people do not have an ultrasound that early as it would freak the little lady (it's quite early in the embryo development process as well but it is there and very well documented)....



posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Fish, lizards, and human embryo all start out the same, I paid attention in biology class almost a decade ago.

There is no way Ill ever seperate my toes, they are perfectly functional as is, and if my kids have it too, as long as the digits are functional they are not getting cut.



posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Your toes are fused together, not webbed. Webbing is similar to a ducks foot, with thin skin between the toes that spread out...though many Dr's do call fused toes "webbed" that isn't really what it is...



posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I thought, fused was when the bone was fused and the digits were immobile. Only my 2nd and 3rd on my right foot are fused, all the others spread out like a duck's feet.



posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I have only met one person in my whole entire life that has had webbed feet. It was a guy that I went to some camp with along time ago ... I am surprised that I even remember the situation.


But, the reason that I am posting to this subject ... is what if these people are not from past civilizations. This is what is to come here with our civilization. This world is made up of 70% water ... as well as our bodies. Why would we not be more apt. to adapt to this situation. Wouldn't our bodies adapt to that before it would adapt to anything else ?



posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by bet555
Wouldn't our bodies adapt to that before it would adapt to anything else ?


Ummmmm, no.........we are "land dwelling" not water dwellers.



posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV

Originally posted by bet555
Wouldn't our bodies adapt to that before it would adapt to anything else ?


Ummmmm, no.........we are "land dwelling" not water dwellers.


How do you know ? Because your skin tells you so ? Lady V we are something now ... that is what evolution means ... You EVOLVE into something else ... Wait let me help you out alittle or alot ...

To Evolve .is to : to produce by natural ; to undergo evolutionary change


Here is you a web site ... DICTIONARY ... AKA COMMON SENSE



BTW ... the only feet I have ever seen were Webbed not fused ... the persons feet would spread out and come together and have skin in between his feet ... They were in no way fused together.

[edit on 3/7/2005 by bet555]



posted on Mar, 7 2005 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by GazrokBTW, how many of us are there is FL? We need to all get together sometime!
[/quote

I'm in Ocala. Been here for the last 15 years. I'm going to move back up to the Northwoods region of Wisconsin in a few years though. Too hot here man.




top topics



 
0
<< 1   >>

log in

join